It’s been a while since new content came for AP now and it still could do with some additional content, which is why I start this post. But unlike other occasion I don’t want to go lone-wolf on this and rather have it done in the spirit of a Community Project, similar to the A New Home project for X3:Terran Conflict back in the day. So here I am, calling out for you, asking you to join in this hopefully great fun of creating content.
There is nothing yet decided on what it will be so (almost) anything is possible. Considering maybe two main guidelines:
- All things should be wrapped around or delivered through a plot. It’s a good way to introduce things and like a certain Slayer once said: “there are never enough plots”.
- The time-frame for completion should not exceed say 2-3 months, mostly because major projects tend to fall apart due to people getting bored or finding other things (like RL and stuff) to spend their time on.
Now before you go and start spamming this topic with great ideas on what should be done I’d like to lay a few basic “rules” for you to consider for this to work.
General Submission Guidelines
- 1. Submit your interest in participating by replying to this post. Please don’t send me PMs, it’s a community thing, open discussion only.
Later if, needed, we may find other ways to communicate (DevChat?)
- 2. State your abilities and what would you be able to commit. Skills usually handy for this type of thing are:
- Plot/Story writer
- 3D Modeler/Artist
- MD/SE Scripter/Coder
- TFiles “tweaker”
- 2D Graphis
- other, please state which
- 3. Suggestions should only be made if you have the skills to do it or you know for a fact someone already committed to the project has said skills. Wild suggestions for abstract ideas are counter-productive. Do NOT spamm this topic with Rebirth wishes!!! Seriously!
- 4. All things are up for debate, in case of doubt majority rules.
- 5. All things suggestion should fit the current AP gameplay. We’re not up for a TC, keep this in mind. Maybe even a submission to EGOSOFT to sign it should be aimed.
- 6. RESPECT. You are entitled to an opinion, so does everybody else.
- Ketraar – MD Coding, TFile tweaking, mapping, 2D Graphics
- Unbekanntes Feindschiff - Plot/story writing, German translation, "tweak" TFiles, MD Coding
- DrBullwinkle - SE Scripter/Coder, TFiles “tweaker”, Translator/Editor
- Scion Drakhar - Plot and story writer
- apricotslice - Plot-story writer, Tfiles tweaker, Jobs creation/tweaking, Minor scripting, minor MD adaption
- Treelor - TFiles, voice acting, writing, creative assistance
- X2-Illuminatus - SE scripting, Story writing, Translating DE<->EN, also basic skills in Mapping, MD coding and TFile tweaking
- eMYNOCK - tFiles tweaking (especially tShips), translation EN-DE (supporting)
- Killjaeden - Modelling/Animation (moving objects)/Textures, Basic skill in everything else excluding Scripting
- EmperorJon - plot/story writer, SE skills
- dillpickle - MD Coder
- eldyranx3 - MD Coder, overall fiction aspects
- KilleRTidE - 3D Modeler
- Maj. Tom - Audio/Sound creator
- jack775544 - Minor SE, plot writer, gamestart creator
- Woffin - Music
- Umbru - Proofreading, compiling and general support tasks
- Hammerit - Plot/Story writer, Content Design / Tweaking, Translator (englisch <-> german), limited experience with SE Scripting, QA Management, Balance / Difficulty / Localization Testing
- killerog - 3D Modeler
- All things should be discussed in here and in DevChat there is a Client for it if you prefer. DevchatClient 1.0.5
Private Forum at Rogueys site for spoiler safe discussion only >>LINK<< - Access restricted to members only
- Things that make you go No
- Don't break lore
- Changing ownership of existing sectors
- Shutting down or realign connection of existing gates (not counting the HUB)
- Anything related to copyright stuff (kinda obvious, still mentioning to make the list bigger and thus looking more productive )
- Changing existing Jobs. Exceptions are new ones if needed and the occasional minor tweak
- Use of unique things, like Highways, Sol Planets and BGs, or the like, out of their origin location or concept.
- Race relations. Given the big division between Argon and Terran starts all plot interaction should take both starts into consideration and that their ranks with the opposing race is probably not so good. The races to consider are Boron, Argon and Terran.
- Available assest:
- Ship concepts (for inspiration only)
- New Sector Background (possibly for the Scientist mission)
- Another new Sector Background
- Ideas based on new gamestart:
- Ideas that dont require new start
- One new special ship as reward (maybe with special scripted ability?) - design to be decided.
- End of war
- “change“ a sector layout (let the planet get destroyed by the Xenon or something like that)
- let the player take over a Xenon Sector or an Unknown Sector
- Add station repair (generic) offer
- Player Sector Plot
- Global Ideas summary:
- One mission/plot line independent of it being stand-alone or part of a major plot revolves around the player to create and establish his own corporation. This includes it being registered with the (local?) StockExchange. According to MarkCondren its possible to add the player corporation to the SX and it possibly return dividend (tbc) thus make it more immersive. The course/story on how to get there is still wide open, but it seems to be clear that the main scope of it will be to provide missions to the player based on the type of corporation the player decides to choose from a set of options (TBA). These missions will enhance the player’s reputation and increase his corporation’s ranking that is to be used as trigger for missions and possible rewards.
- In combination to the Corporation plotline there was a suggestion about deep space exploration using the UFJD. This would mean to possibly create special sectors where the player is to explore and search these sectors that will contain data related to technologies (fictional). The sectors should be special and possibly dangerous, new music tracks and layout design to include the feeling of adventure. The data retrieved by the player is from various sources, Xenon, Terran, Kha’ak, etc and when put together should result in that special ship reward we mentioned earlier. This ships is ultra-special, meaning it may hold most weapons known (including KE maybe) and look like a mix of tech (if possible to model). A split M6/7 base with thrown in “alien” look was a suggestion made in DevChat. If this ship hold an additional special ability is not clear at this point, it may if something suitable is found, but if it doesn’t, being unique in weapon load-out range and maybe slightly overpowered (think Yacht in Reunion) should be enough.
- Other assets can be made available as smaller rewards, like the “spare” TS+ linked in OP. If there is a new station model for the player corp HQ it would be great (maybe have a look at the X2 The Return HQ model that was never used), otherwise I generic Corp HQ Model will be used.
- In addition to these plot lines another one was thrown in that had the result for the player to get his own sector. This plotline is also wide open yet and can be elaborated on at will. The sector should not be any existing one (no claiming existing sectors) and given the other two lines are both more about think and trade, this could represent a good opportunity for a more lore loose plotline with more conquer and fighting. Still a good story is always key.
- Another possibility that now looks promising is a plotline that leads to the end of the war, or at least a halt in hostilities. Yet still to be made sure if it’s possible (need to talk to some people), but even in a own plotline or as part of an existing one, it should be kept in mind as a possibility. I’ll get back on that once more certainty comes up.
- An idea was made to add the possibility of player HQ be able to research and install equipment. DrBullwinkle took this task (maybe related to some idea EJ had). Cycrow gave permission to use his R&D script that already seems to be pointing in this direction.