Borderlands 2

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Borderlands 2

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Thu, 20. Sep 12, 00:29

I can't wait! It's out on Friday for the UK. It came out on the 17th for the US.
I keep seeing screenshots of it and have to try so hard not to watch videos of it.

I just saw one screenshot, of an enemy called a "Badass Bonerfart". Yup, a bonerfart. What a name!

If anyone is interested but not sure on buying it, here's a Let's Play by GuudeBoulderFist and co: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIrqdANF ... e=g-user-u
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Thu, 20. Sep 12, 15:49

Aye. I can't wait either, just a few hours to go.
Been looking forward to this for a while.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 20. Sep 12, 19:15

Anyone want to give me some money for it? (it was worth a shot ;) )
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 20. Sep 12, 21:06

I have to say... I honestly don't understand why everyone got their panties in a bunch over the first Borderlands.

When I played through it I found it pretty "meh." It certainly wasn't a bad game, but I didn't find it all that great.

I haven't been keeping up with the sequel at all in terms of pre-launch media. While I do want to see if what they've done with the sequel can hold my interest, I'm in no rush to find out.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 20. Sep 12, 21:42

KloHunt3r wrote:I have to say... I honestly don't understand why everyone got their panties in a bunch over the first Borderlands.

When I played through it I found it pretty "meh." It certainly wasn't a bad game, but I didn't find it all that great.

I haven't been keeping up with the sequel at all in terms of pre-launch media. While I do want to see if what they've done with the sequel can hold my interest, I'm in no rush to find out.
It was just fun through and through, the sadistic humour was also right up my street.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 20. Sep 12, 22:31

got two characters with level 8.
shooting stuff every day.

If you want to know my Steam name, we can do a game or two. Adrian and I used to play Borderlands 1, a couple times.

@KloHunt3r
it's FPS Diablo with guns. Only a bit psychotic.
It attracts people who like to shoot things and collect shiny objects the same time.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 21. Sep 12, 09:32

Borderlands 2 is on sale a bit at green man gaming $53.99. I am guessing NA means :arrow: NORTH AMERICA ONLY :arrow: So can't be used outside of north america. But that is an assumption. Could just mean north american version. Check region restrictions when buying. Looks like a steam activation code game.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/p ... ands-2-na/

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Fri, 21. Sep 12, 10:36

Quite expensive, it's $32.44 on amazon.co.uk ...
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 21. Sep 12, 11:15

24.99 pounds in uk (theres different gaming formats like playstation, etc...)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Take-2-Borderla ... 720&sr=1-1

53.99 us dollars (33.13 pounds) Looks like north america has to pay more.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=5 ... USD&To=GBP
Last edited by burger1 on Fri, 21. Sep 12, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Fri, 21. Sep 12, 11:27

I only liked BL1 when I played in a group, as a SP game I found it abit boring
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Fri, 21. Sep 12, 16:09

fiksal wrote:got two characters with level 8.

If you want to know my Steam name, we can do a game or two. Adrian and I used to play Borderlands 1, a couple times.
sure, my steam name is Sentry.Bot (anyone else can add me too). Although being from the UK I'd doubt there will be a decent connection.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 21. Sep 12, 16:18

Stars_InTheirEyes wrote:
fiksal wrote:got two characters with level 8.

sure, my steam name is Sentry.Bot (anyone else can add me too). Although being from the UK I'd doubt there will be a decent connection.
I am "fiksal"

I guess we are 5 hrs apart too. We do play during lunch with coworkers. Otherwise during weekends perhaps, whenever online

EDIT:... how the hell does one message another steam user over steam? blah

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 00:17

I used to be a vault hunter, like you. Until i took a bullet to the knee.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 16:06

Captain Chris sTc wrote:I used to be a vault hunter, like you. Until i took a bullet to the knee.
Oh, there it is, now you've done it. You guys are like children. Utterly predictable. You had to quote Skyrim, and now it's going to be "fus ro dah" and "then I stripped the corpse naked and threw it in the river" for the next two hours.

This is going to ruin the tension I was trying to build. It ruins the narrative! Arg! I should strike you all with 2d6 lightning damage!

(Wave if you guessed what I was referring to.)

On another note, I ran across something funny on my Raptr feed for the game. (Don't have it, but Raptr suggested it.) The Wall Street Journal reviewed it and compared it unfavorably to Call of Duty. Cue a legion of Borderlands fans calling the guy an idiot, mainly for comparing apples to oranges.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch » Sun, 23. Sep 12, 02:31

I started playing it today, as I have been busy with Torchlight 2, as an Assassin. I'm finding I'm not using his stealth ability all that much which is a shame. A few hours in I considered switching to another character such as the Commando as it looks like he has some kind of deployable turret which could be fun. That's kind of how I played the original game.

The standout thing for me so far is the improved variety of weapons. I guess the reality is that the randomised weapons are comprised of many tables of different stats. The models aren't going to affect this in any way but its a great touch all the same.

Haven't tried playing it online yet, or rather at the end of my session my game was online but closed to the public. I tried searching for a game and found none so I suspect most people want to finish the game on their own first then play MP on the second run through.

Return to “Off Topic English”