Change sector size v2.1.5
Do you want to have the feeling of real HUGE sectors, where you can get lost?
Are you bothered by some sector feeling too big?
Here is the solution for you!
Hi there people, I'm presenting you my plugin Change Sector Size.
The idea is not from me, but from Striker304. Here is his script.
Here, I am taking the opportunity and thank Striker304 for his idea and inspiration. Thank you.
Unlike mines, Striker's mod is available only in german.
I have rewritten and enhanced this to a point, where I want to share it with you guys.
- Community Plugin Configuration Menu
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (don't know if it is possible to run the tool 'Syncronize Canvas.exe' with a lower version of .NET Framework)
- Basicly, you are able to change the size of single, several or all sectors of the universe.
This is achieved by moving stations, gates, asteroids, debris, flying wares, orbital weapon platforms, lasertowers and planets.
All changes reversible, you are able to reset the sectors to their original size at any time.
New gamestart not needed
v2.1.0 introduces a new feature: Placement of pirate station further away
v2.1.3 introduces a new feature: Change the sector canvas!
A self explanatory menu will open and guide you through.
You are welcome to make proposals and report any bugs you encouter.
After downloading, unpack and copy content of the folder 'Change sector size' into the main game directory.
Beside the nedded script files, a tool named 'Syncronize Canvas' will be placed in the main game folder. With this tool it is possible to syncronize the 'canvas' you see in the sector map with your actual ingame presets. Start the tool and click on the upper right question mark for further info.
Note: for the Canvas to be changed, it is necessarry, the file x3_universe.xml to be in the ..X3 Terran Conflict\maps folder. This file is to be usually found inside of a cat/dat file. You will have to extract the file to the maps folder with Doubbleshadow's X3 Editor2
Known incompatibilities: None known yet. Jour job to tell me.
- - Sector New Income, at sector sizes above 280%: Instant kill when entering or jumping to New Income, regardless of the gate used. No idea why this happens. Solution: Reduce the size of that sector beneath 280%, if you want to jump to it.
1. As I did not test the german version yet, I would like to know if everything is ok.
2. Some things, such as complex hub and station complexes might cause problems, please report, if you encounter bugs.
3. When changing the size of the entire universe, take into account that it will take a few minutes, as thousands of objects are to be moved. When the plugin ends its work, it will reopen the main menu.
4. Source code of the tool 'Syncronize Canvas v1.0.1.exe'. You need Microsoft Visual c# 2010 express to have a look at it.
- - minor bugfixing
- - bugfixing regarding movement of objects (mainly stations) built in sectors deviating from vanilla size.
- - itroducing the possibility to change the canvas of sectors with the help of an external tool. Many thanks to Ketraar for his patience and help on MD coding.
- - fixed some code that could have led to errors regarding lasertower movement
- - fixed some spelling errors
- Pirate stations are imho to near to sector center to be well hidden from police patrols. I would rather like to search for them, making it more belivable those stations to not be found by law enforcement ships. There is now an option where you are able to change the distance of pirate stations to the sector center.
- fixed some code that could have caused Problems