Cargo LifeSupport System

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Toastysoul
x4

Cargo LifeSupport System

Post by Toastysoul » Tue, 14. Aug 12, 23:20

Why don't military docks carry this?

They carry scanners, fight command software, but the only requirement to actually have marines on your ship isn't carried? Makes no sense.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 14. Aug 12, 23:55

TPs come with them pre-installed.

Any high ranking officer would prefer the luxury of a TP then the cramped space in an M3 !

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 04:46

I agree, it doesn't make much sense when you think about it. My advice is, don't think about it. :lol:
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 05:32

The ships that normally carry marines don't actually carry them packed up in the cargo (frozen) (well, maybe Split ships do that). The full cabins of TP's and higher are listed as "cargo life support" for the benefit of keeping the game simple. Other games separate the cargo space volume from the living space volume (and also fuel, ammunition, drones, and other special hangars are separated from the "cargo").

Lelouch
x3tc

Re: Cargo LifeSupport System

Post by Lelouch » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 10:49

Toastysoul wrote:[...], but the only requirement to actually have marines on your ship isn't carried? Makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense. It enables you to kill 20 top-of-the-line marines by selling/ejecting/transferring 1 simple device without further confirmation. Just think about it. The only reason those meatbags keep working for you is the constant fear of sudden death. ;)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 11:08

Other games separate the cargo space volume from the living space volume (and also fuel, ammunition, drones, and other special hangars are separated from the "cargo").
When I first saw the various TS/TP designs, I thought that was how the cargo was managed.
Thus I thought the design structure indicated what types of good I could carry...liquids,solids,personnel etc.
So I was a bit disappointed when I found it was merely cosmetics :(

jlehtone
x4

Re: Cargo LifeSupport System

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 17:29

Lelouch wrote:It makes perfect sense. It enables you to kill 20 top-of-the-line marines by selling/ejecting/transferring 1 simple device without further confirmation. Just think about it. The only reason those meatbags keep working for you is the constant fear of sudden death. ;)
Been there, done that. :shock:

However, every successfully boarded ship has CLS in them. Therefore, if you always commandeer, you never need to fetch that upgrade nor think. :innocent:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Barbarossa66
x3tc

Post by Barbarossa66 » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 23:09

Crap... completely forgot that the only place I can get these is Pirate Bases. Don't suppose you can transfer the software from a TP?

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 23:17

Barbarossa66 wrote:Crap... completely forgot that the only place I can get these is Pirate Bases.
Not true. You can also buy it at a specific research station, plus somewhere in Terran space.
Barbarossa66 wrote:Don't suppose you can transfer the software from a TP?
No, you can't transfer inbuilt equipment, only separately bought stuff.

Barbarossa66
x3tc

Post by Barbarossa66 » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 23:22

Ulan Dhor wrote:
Barbarossa66 wrote:Crap... completely forgot that the only place I can get these is Pirate Bases.
Not true. You can also buy it at a specific research station, plus somewhere in Terran space.
Ah yes, thank you for that reminder.

cjm3fl
x3tc

Post by cjm3fl » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 23:28

Ulan Dhor wrote:
..and at a few Teladi Trading stations.
--I know how you can make this Mod play like vanilla..
--Play vanilla!

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 01:43

To be more specific, you can buy it at Terran Military Bases, any pirate base, and many Teladi Trading Stations. I think a few of the corporations carry it at their HQs as well.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 02:07

..In TC, also at the Split corp HQ..

However I do agree with the OP's complaint: M7(M)s capable of firing boarding pods should have it installed by default, & it should be more generally (ie predictably) available throughout the races, even if restricted to only a few stations
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”