[MOD] Enhanced Equipment Docks (eEQ) [discontinued, forks available]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 14:41

Well, I got the stations to show up in the game (in the list of available stations in the script editor), but once placed, they are invisible and nothing can dock at them!

Nuts...

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 14:47

TECSG wrote:Well, I got the stations to show up in the game (in the list of available stations in the script editor), but once placed, they are invisible and nothing can dock at them!

Nuts...
Dont give up TECSG!! I cant play without it either!

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 16:20

TECSG wrote:Well, I got the stations to show up in the game (in the list of available stations in the script editor), but once placed, they are invisible and nothing can dock at them!

Nuts...
I guess, you've bought and build one of the placeholders. ;-)

Be sure, you didn't copy the placeholders, which are used by AP itself. If you do, you have to adapt the language file too to increase the set indexes there.

The indexes in the language file must meet their respectives inside the TDocks-file.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 16:30

Actually, I scripted one in just to see if it was there (it sort of was...).

There were two of each station listed, so I tried the others and they were all invisible and undockable!

I unpacked the .cat file and copied the objects and types folders to the game dir but still no joy.

AP also confuses the folder structure somewhat, as most of the files are in a folder 'addon', but it still reads mods from the TC 'mods' folder, so it's trial and error as to where the files should go!

I even renamed the cat/dat files to '03.cat' and '03.dat' and put them in the 'addon' folder after the two AP cat/dat files, but it didn't seem to recognise it was there.

I'll keep trying though, at least until I get too pi**ed off.

RWB2100
x3tc

Post by RWB2100 » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 22:14

Hello. I am a longtime X3 player and this is my first ever post in the forums. I can usually find what I am looking for when I have questions or issues, but this is the first time I have not been able to locate an answer. I searched thoroughly but to no avail... so if I did miss it somewhere please forgive me.

My question is: I installed the EEQ Dock modification into my X3TC game. I purchased and dropped the station "OTAS Freight Base". In the Command Console> Orders> Station Commands menu there is a selection called "eEQ Terminal". I don't know what this is. If I highlight it and hit 'i' for information it doesn't give me any description. If I click on it, a window pops up asking if I want to "Transform Dock". Can someone tell me what this is for?

Thanks!!
RWB

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 22:57

Hi RWB2100

It's easy with the eEQ Terminal. It's a tool, which shouldn't be needed but it's there for the case, that automatic transform won't happen.

For clarification some technical background:

Functionally eEQ's are stations of the class headquarters. But if you build stations of the type headquarters directly, bought blueprints will always be added only to the last built headquarters.

So, eEQ's don't get built directly. You built a dummy of a eEQ which is of class equipment dock, optical the same but it doesn't benefit from flexible storage room. A script in the background automatically replaces the eEQ dummy with a neutral real eEQ. The same script moves ownership from neutral to players race.

That way the eEQ doesn't get recognized as last built station of type headquarter and no blueprint will be added to the eEQ, but to a real headquarter (if already built) instead.

If this script fails for any reason, you are able to replace such a dummy (limited storage per ware) through a real eEQ (flexible storage room for all wares).

If the station is already a real eEQ, the script shouldn't do anything but the terminal is shown anyway.

RWB2100
x3tc

Post by RWB2100 » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 02:47

Hi Saetan. Thanks for the quick reply. That makes sense. This is a great mod btw!! Dankeschön

GDI01
x4

Post by GDI01 » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 19:39

Will come a version of this mod for AP because i have big storage problems :D and would like to use this mod in AP^^

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 21:14

Saetan wrote:Not by me as I don't own AP and I don't want to support Egosoft introducing DLC not being worth (in my opinion) to be payed for.
... there's a manual for merging my mod to any other mod, should basically work for AP too. But TECSG tried already to do but didn't find the right place for the modified files to be saved.

You may ask him if he succeeded at last.

GDI01
x4

Post by GDI01 » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 01:00

mhhh okay thanks

kptkirk

Post by kptkirk » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 03:20

Any luck with porting this to AP TECSG. This is also 1 of the most important mod i got on TC :P

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 11:41

No chance to get this mod ported to X³:AP by myself, as I refuse paying for X³:AP or getting their sales increased by one because of me.

Theluin
x3ap

Post by Theluin » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 10:32

Hi Saetan,

I've been trying to port your great mod into AP and every time I start the game I get a message that the language file for the eEQ is missing.
I'm thinking it may be caused by AP adding 10 new entries to TDocks that I put before the entries rom your mod (I'd have inserted them instead of the dummy entries but I used up 18 of them for FDN and I have only 5 empty dummies remaining)
Do you think I have to try and put those 10 entries from AP behind the entries from your mod?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 19:46

When it tells you, that the language file is missing ... than it's most likely the language file is missing, or at least in the wrong place.

As I refuse using AP I can't help you further with that add-on, I can only advise you to check the correct placement of all files.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 15:12

Deleted.
Last edited by morbideth on Sat, 11. Aug 12, 05:26, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 23:47

In order to avoid confusion, I removed the link for now. The file you linked ("Silentdeth1's LP Minecraft MM S2E31.zip") seems to be a Minecraft mod or something the like. It's certainly not an AP mod / patch. As for your installation instruction: Never ever overwrite existing (vanilla) cat/dat files! It will definitely break things.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 04:51

Oops I must have clicked the wrong mediafire link to copy :(
I will see if I can get it to work with the 'fake patch' method

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 05:48

OK, I have it working for AP correctly now.

Enhanced Equipment Docks AP Unofficial

To install, install the TC version from the OP into your addon folder. Then replaced the cat and dat files included in the TC version with the ones in the download above. You can then install it as a fake patch, or use it as a mod.

You may have to save and load again after you install it, before the wares will show up in the shipyard.

Saetan, if you are not OK with this being here, let me know and I will remove it.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 13:54

morbideth wrote:Saetan, if you are not OK with this being here, let me know and I will remove it.
I don't mind it, guess some of the community will thank you.

I added a link to your posting into the links section at the ends of the German and English manuals. If you once have updates, descriptions or something else for your mod of my mod (;-)), you could simply update your last posting, so other users could find it better.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 15:14

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”