[Mod] Apricot Mapping Service Mod v1.3 for APv3.1 / v2.14 (For TCv3).

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

andysonofbob
x3

Post by andysonofbob » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 08:38

Thankyou very much!

I put the details in the Battlestar Galactica thread but would you be interested in the EFS mod Apricotslice? You defo seem like a dab hand at script management so you might enjoy working with it.

It was really quite clever and the scripts are apparently well written.

Let me know if you want a copy.

edit
Just ran a search and apparentlt the EFS isn't compatable with X3TC. Could it not be made to work?

andysonofbob
x3

Post by andysonofbob » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 22:42

Hello again

I have decided to start AP

Will I be able to get the player HQ if I start as AMS?

Thanks once again!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 02:33

AMS start has an HQ kit in the Masterdon you get. So you can use the HQ almost immediately.

If you use the All TC plots complete for AP, then you get a second one in one of the TL's you get for that.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 00:34

Any idea why Apricot Salvage Pack 2.4 would cause the game to freeze (either loading a save or starting new game)?

Strange thing is, it didn't do that a couple of days ago and now it and FCC are causing problems. I'm reinstalling the game right now to see if that will fix it (don't even want to think about how many times I had to do that in the last couple of days), but your ideas would definitely be appreciated.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 04:47

Sturmer wrote:Any idea why Apricot Salvage Pack 2.4 would cause the game to freeze (either loading a save or starting new game)?
Never heard of that happening, and this version has been out a long time.

The only constant running script in the pack is NPCbail, so you could remove the setup script for that so it doesnt start, and see if that makes a difference. All other scripts are run once off hotkey or command, so no possibility of freezing the system. (Freeze I assume is actually an endless loop that consumes all resources.)

Are you really sure that is causing the freeze ? As in install everything else, and no problem, install Salvage and suddenly it freezes ?

Btw, your asking on the wrong thread for this. This one is just for the AMS mod.

And also, your asking about the TC version of the pack. Are you playing TC or AP ?

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 11:52

apricotslice wrote:
Sturmer wrote:Any idea why Apricot Salvage Pack 2.4 would cause the game to freeze (either loading a save or starting new game)?
Never heard of that happening, and this version has been out a long time.

The only constant running script in the pack is NPCbail, so you could remove the setup script for that so it doesnt start, and see if that makes a difference. All other scripts are run once off hotkey or command, so no possibility of freezing the system. (Freeze I assume is actually an endless loop that consumes all resources.)

Are you really sure that is causing the freeze ? As in install everything else, and no problem, install Salvage and suddenly it freezes ?

Btw, your asking on the wrong thread for this. This one is just for the AMS mod.

And also, your asking about the TC version of the pack. Are you playing TC or AP ?
Yup, installed SCS and it froze. Uninstalled and it was okay. Sorry for littering this thread, but for some reason my search didn't find the corresponding thread. TC, not AP.

It turned out to be a false alarm, sorry for bothering.

Something seems to have gone wrong in my installation that caused a freeze (total freeze, nothing moving, even the sound was frozen not even looping) with Salvage Pack - it was very strange since in all the time I've had this game and my occasional playing of it (never played a single playthrough for long) I used this script and never had a problem. I really like the command to beam up all containers, saves me a lot of time. :)

Now mostly reinstalled everything, just need to install Lucikes scripts and those addon ships, and will see if I still have a problem. Have been testing the game after I installed every 5 scripts and no problem.

Another strange thing was that it didn't help if I just disabled SCS I had to complete uninstall it.

I must've messed something up badly.

Btw., that NPCbail script you're referring to... with this script in this pack, do I even then still need the "NPC Bailing Addon" by ThisIsHarsh to get NPCs to bail out more often?

Thanks for your help!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 12:43

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226623

It was on page 3.

The NPCbail in the salvage pack is most likely an older version. Overwriting it with the current version, wont hurt. But you probably wont notice much difference.

What is SCS ?

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 19:09

apricotslice wrote:http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226623

It was on page 3.

The NPCbail in the salvage pack is most likely an older version. Overwriting it with the current version, wont hurt. But you probably wont notice much difference.

What is SCS ?
Thanks for the answer.

Sorry, mistyped with the SCS. I meant your salvage pack.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 04:26

The only thing I can think of is that if npcbail was rewritten at any stage, then the scrips may not compatible. In which case, overwriting either could be fatal.

In which case, best to perhaps install the salvage pack, remove all the npcbail scripts, then instal the latest npcbail.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 11:49

apricotslice wrote:The only thing I can think of is that if npcbail was rewritten at any stage, then the scrips may not compatible. In which case, overwriting either could be fatal.

In which case, best to perhaps install the salvage pack, remove all the npcbail scripts, then instal the latest npcbail.
Well, I'm about 12 hours into the fresh start, haven't had any problems yet. *knocks on wood* Well, except for not being sure whether the IE and IEX mod even work for me even though they're installed correctly (Black Hole Sun is blue instead of red).

NPCs are bailing out quite nicely, to the point where I'm destroying their ships instead of capping them because I'd otherwise just have too many.

As it is, until I get the Vidar, I'm not even trying to repair any of them, because the L that I repaired took me 10 minutes at least from 20% hull damage. And I have about 20 ships all with low hull %. One Express even has about 30 passengers still on board. :D A little space fuel and I won't have to pass by the next we-need-slaves mission. :D

Had to have messed something up in that previous playthrough to suddenly get a complete crash at 106 hours of gameplay, because from what I read some members have months of playing this game without terminal problems.

Am financial rank 11 and fighting rank 16 and am wondering when the hell am I gonna start earning some serious money with patrols. Last patrol that took me through 3 sectors and I destroyed 30 ships earned me only 28000 credits. Is the earning part perhaps more dependent on financial than fighting rank? And all the missions I've been doing were for the Argon, so as I'm sticking with the same race the payoff should've increased by now. Hm.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 15:29

From Scripts thread......
blazermick wrote:Hi

Have a couple of issues for the AP full fixed version 1.04 (from memory).

To make sure it was in the AMS mod i redid a clean copy install and ONLY added AMS.

The "Apricot Placeholders" appear ingame in the hands of the pirates, fitted with fusion beams as standard. I first noticed this with the PG3 content and thought it be one of the "not quite compatible bugs".

However, after having my ass handed to me by 3 Terran owned Apricot Vidars in an AMS only install (i fixed them using the old cycrow method), i thought id mention it so someone might be able to offer suggestions, considering NO Apricot ships should appear in NPC hands :p As stated by Mr Slice.

I am very familiar with scripting, modding, merging, and md's but at present my mind is on holidays. Even the 2nd install does exactly the same thing and there are no left over files from previous installs.

Thanks
The current version of AMS for AP is v1.1. 1.04 is well out of date !

The only way Apricot Placeholders would appear in the game is if you have scripts from another ship mod left in the game and likely another mods jobs file.

What is PG3 ?

Again, Apricot Vidars cant be owned by any race, so if they are being used, then you have another mods jobs file overwriting the AMS job file. A good giveaway will be there are no Apricot Wanderers flying around, when there should be plenty. If they are not there, then the mod is being overwritten.

blazermick
x3tc

Post by blazermick » Sat, 21. Jul 12, 18:03

Hi

Thanks for quick reply.

Plenty of Apricot Wanderers flying about and being a fresh virgin install there was nothing to over write. The only thing added was the Bonus Pack. Otherwise very much a virgin install.

However, since i'm out of date :p i will go for a fresh install with the updated one.

PG3 is Pirate guild 3 ... lots of posts about it not being AP compatible and except for a couple of small things it works fine, just fyi.

Thanks again

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 22. Jul 12, 01:12

I dont know anything about PG3. But its name suggests it has its own jobs file, which will overwrite the mods. Check that. If you cant find anything, ask in the thread for it.

If not, then its scripts or MD may just be using whatever ships are available. In which case, there is nothing that can be done except modifying those scripts to exclude mod ships. (somehow).

AMS adds in a set of placeholder slots, so that future egosoft patches that add in ships dont interfere with the mod ships. The way its coded is that the slot position in the file is used, not its ID, so adding a new ship conflicts with any mod ship. Thus allowing space for egosoft to expand saves a lot of work when they do, but it leaves dummy ships in the files that are not supposed to be used.

If a script uses those dummy ships, then thats something the script author hasnt taken into account and the script needs to be changed.

Alternately, you extract the tships from the mod, and then modify those ships yourself so they are something you dont mind seeing.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 01:49

If anyone is in a desperate hurry for an updated version for the new patch, let me know, as just at the moment, the last thing I need to do is a mod upgrade.

They changed the ships and hq files, which means time figuring out what they did, and I really dont want to spend that time just now unless its really necessary.

gen lee outrageous
x3tc

Post by gen lee outrageous » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 04:51

Hi, so I downloaded v1.1 of AMS for AP and I am not seeing any of the new start options when I go to make a new game. I manually installed the mod after having had some difficulty with Cycrow's mod manager, and upon finding out it had problems with AP being in the default steam directory. When I start a game, I get the appropriate message about turning on the script editor, and I see the new in-game key config options for the mod, but still no kha'ak start. The other mods I am currently running are MARS, ship rebalance, and 500k com range.

If you could help me get up and running I would be very happy.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 07:02

gen lee outrageous wrote:Hi, so I downloaded v1.1 of AMS for AP and I am not seeing any of the new start options when I go to make a new game. I manually installed the mod after having had some difficulty with Cycrow's mod manager, and upon finding out it had problems with AP being in the default steam directory. When I start a game, I get the appropriate message about turning on the script editor, and I see the new in-game key config options for the mod, but still no kha'ak start. The other mods I am currently running are MARS, ship rebalance, and 500k com range.
AMS is in a zip file. Nothing to do with plugin manager and I dont recommend installing it that way. You unzip it using Winzip or similar, into the Terran Conflict folder. You then select the mod on the jump off screen before starting the game.

Ship rebalance will most likely conflict with AMS. You will need to choose which one you use. I think 500k comm range will conflict as well, AMS adjusts the comm range, but not that much. But AMS also changes other things in the same file. MARS should be fine, and AMS has the MARS drone modifications in it, so you dont need the mod part of MARS.

BTW, plugin manager is for the installation of scripts and some mods (not mine). Mod manager is a tool for manipulating the cat/dat files that contain mod files. Not the same thing and not interchangeable.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 28. Sep 12, 07:34

v1.2 uploaded.

Terran PHQ from v2.5 patch added.
HQ.xml modified to include TPHQ.

TPHQ is just a different model. Blueprints still go to the last one created. Existing ones need to be removed re-dropped before the new production specs will work.

trcfp
x3

Noob questions about AMS Mod

Post by trcfp » Fri, 7. Dec 12, 20:39

Hi, I have installed the AMS Mod and select the mod at the launch screen but when the game starts I can't see how to start playing the AMS Mod. I start a new game as Terran and I get a load of messages telling me to enable script editor (Thereshallbewings) done. Then a dock and save/ load, couple more messages about collision system being enabled etc, but I can't seem to find the 'Minicar' to transfer to and start playing?
I know I must be missing something really simple, so sorry for the noob question?
Any help gratefully received on starting this mod.

I plan to play through the game story but with a little help from a better ship and some tech upgrades.

Thanks

<Moved to AMS thread where this belongs. Alan Phipps>

ApocalypticARK

Post by ApocalypticARK » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 00:26

http://i.imgur.com/BVym8.jpg Aaalright, umm....help! :lol:
I'm guessing removing the NPC Bailing script will prevent anymore of this but...any ideas on how to destroy every existing ownlerless ship in the galaxy?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 00:54

:lol:

Yep, if you dont collect them, they do tend to clutter the place.

If you look at the script for jump to derelict, it has a command that finds all derelict ships. After that command, you could add a loop to go through and destroy them all. It shouldnt be too difficult to write.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”