[SCR][TC+AP] Terran Police Licence (Version 1.1) [UPDATE: 25/08/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

[SCR][TC+AP] Terran Police Licence (Version 1.1) [UPDATE: 25/08/2012]

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 15:21

Das deutsche Thema findet sich hier.

[ external image ]

Terran Police Licence (Version 1.1)
  • "To all Terran pilots,

In the last few months the United Space Command was facing an increase of Pirate activity in the solar system. An unknown technology enables the Pirates to fake Terran ship ids and to break through most border controls. In addition to that, an increase in political tensions to the races of the Community of Planets requires the dispatch of more and more ships to secure the border sectors. Although the security of the Terran society is not in danger, the USC is having a hard time ensuring the usual safety standards.

That is why the United Space Command and the AGI Task Force are looking for skilled Terran pilots, who are willing to help maintaining the security in the Terran territory. Needed are pilots with military experience and with an own ship to patrol the Terran sectors, scan suspicious ships for illegal wares and destroy enemies of the Terran society. So that the USC and the ATF are able to monitor the actions of everyone and pilots are recognized as police officers, Terran Police Licences are issued at all Terran docks. For each killed ship that is enemy to the Terran society, pilots will get a worthy reward.

Fly today to a dock of your choice and register for the police service. The combined armed forces of the USC and the ATF and the entire Terran society will be grateful!

Sincerly,
    Admiral Nil Pareii, United Space Command
    Captain Hayla Yatar, AGI Task Force"

>>Highlights
  • :arrow: Scan ships for illegal wares
    :arrow: Kill Terran enemies to get money rewards
    :arrow: Kill AGI-ships (Xenon) to increase your ATF rank and get even higher rewards
    :arrow: Configure the illegal wares, money and rank rewards at your own will

>>The installation

For X3: Terran Conflict:
Download the script archive and extract it to your X3:TC directory.

For X3: Albion Prelude:
Download the script archive and extract it to the "addon"-folder in your X3:TC directory.

Afterwards all files of the archive, they are listed below, should be in their respective folders in the X3:TC directory or its "addon"-folder.

Just to be on the safe side you should also make a backup of your savegames before installing the script. The standard directory for the saves is "C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\My Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\save" or "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\save". For X3AP the paths are the same, you just have to replace X3TC with X3AP.

>>The brief instruction
  1. Buy a "Terran Police Licence" at a Terran or ATF dock.
  2. In the command console of the ship with the licence on board under "Additional Ship Commands" select the command "Activate Terran Police Licence".
  3. In the Controls menu assign a key to the "Terran police licence"-hotkey to scan ships for illegal wares.

>>The function

This scripts adds a Terran Police Licence to the game. With this you can scan ships for illegal wares and attack and destroy enemy ships in the Terran territory. A reward will be paid for each destroyed enemy ship.
  • 1. Activation:
    The software "Terran Police Licence" can be bought at all Teran and ATF docks. If you bought a licence, you can activate it by selecting the "Activate Terran Police Licence" command under "Additional Commands" in the command console of the ship that has that licence installed. The licence will be activated, if you have at least the Terran rank "Warrior of Io".

2. Usage:
    If a Terran Police Licence is activated, the licence owner will get a reward for each to the Terran or ATF enemy ship that he kills in Terran sectors.
    To scan ships in Terran sectors you will have to assign a key to the "Terran Police Licence: Scan"-hotkey in the game options under "Controls -> Interface -> Extensions". If a Freight scanner is installed in your ship and you have a ship targeted that is in range of your Freight scanner, pressing the hotkey will scan that ship for illegal wares. Afterwards you can open the freight screen to see which wares the ship has aboard. If the ship has illegal wares during the scan, it will become enemy to you.

3. Reward:
    The reward, which is paid for every destroyed enemy ship, depends on the ship's class. The default rewards correspond to the ones of the other races. The only exception are Xenon ships. For their destruction you will get twice as much credits as normal per class. Also, your ATF rank will be increased.
    The reward is only paid, if the licence owner himself destroyed the enemy ship. Kills by ships controlled by the autopilot are not considered.

4. Statistics:
    If you press the "Terran Police Licence: Scan"-hotkey, if nothing is targeted, or if you press the command "Activate Terran Police Licence", if a licence is already activated, you will get an overview about your kills via an incoming message. This contains the name of the licence owner, the licence number, your ATF rank, your Terran rank, the total amount of destroyed enemy ships, the amount of all paid rewards and a table showing the already paid rewards by ship class.

5. Withdrawal of the Police Licence:
    The Police Licence will be withdrawn, when the licence owner kills a Terran or ATF ship or if his Terran rank falls below "Warrior of Io". The licence owner will be informed per incoming message about the withdrawal of his licence.

>>Additional information

The rewards in Credits for the single ship classes as well as the factor, the reward is multiplied with if a Xenon ship is destroyed, are defined in the text file (7334-L044.xml) and can be changed at own will. Note that the maximum reward the script will pay per kill and class is one billion Credits.
In addition to that you can change, whether the ATF rank should be increased, when killing Xenon ships. By default this option is activated. And you can specify, how many notoriety points you will get, when killing which ship class. The default values are similar to but not the same as the ones of the other races. The maximum amount of notoriety points the script will add are 2 million. This equals to an increase from the worst to the best rank.

As the Terrans do not consider any wares as illegal in their sectors, the script gives you the possibility of defining illegal wares. This works, just as with the money and rank rewards, over the text file. In it you have to specify the amount of illegal wares (text id="200"), the maintype of a ware (text id="201" and following) and the subtype of a ware (text id="301" and following). The entries of maintypes (2xx) and subtypes (3xx) with the same tens and unit digit (xx) refer to the same ware. Entered in the text file as default wares are Space Fuel (maintype 14, subtype 2), Space Weed (maintype 14, subtype 10) and the System Override Software (maintype 16, subtype 72). A list of all wares with their maintypes and subtypes that are part of the game (functional or not) can be found in the Documents folder (WaresList_English.pdf).
Please note that the wares specified in the text file will not be marked as illegal in the game. They will also have no influence on any other area of the game (such as other scripts or missions).

After you have changed the values and saved the text file, you will have to reload your savegame, so the changes will take effect.

>>Known problems

Version 1.0:
  • - When scanning a ship, the Terran rank will be decreased for a moment, but will be immediately set to its previous value. However, if by this decrease the Terran rank falls to a rank lower than the current one, you will still get the "You have lost recognition"-audio message.
    - In the licence overview in the ships killed per class table the values of the middle column are not exactly displayed underneath each other.
    - Scanning plot ships with the "Terran Police Licence: Scan"-hotkey in Terran sectors will cause problems, if they have wares aboard that are defined as illegal. In the worst case you won't be able to continue the plot.

>>(In)Compatibilities

The script is compatible to all X3TC versions equal or greater than version 2.5 and to all X3AP versions greater than version 1.0. It is also compatible to all scripts and mods that do not use the same text and page id (7334), the same ware (SS_WARE_SW_X3TC_2) and the same command slot (COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_56).

>>Download

xdownloads.co.uk:
[ external image ]

mediafire.com:
[ external image ]

>>The uninstallation

Open the Script Editor (instructions can be found here), select the script 'plugin.X2I.terranpolicelicence.uninstall', press 'r' and two times 'Enter'. Afterwards execute the 'uninstall.X2I.terranpolicelicence.bat' in the "scripts.uninstall"-folder in the X3:TC directory (or its "addon"-folder).
After that you can delete the "scripts.uninstall"-folder, if there is no other file in it.

>>Credits
  • EGOSOFT for the X-Series and the Script Editor
    Ketraar for creating the introduction picture in the Egosoft forum topic
    SS_T for providing a reliable hosting place (x1tp.com) for this script

>>Files in the archive:
  • Documents
    • - LiesMich_Terranische_Polizeilizenz.txt
      - Readme_Terran_Police_Licence.txt
      - WarenListe_Deutsch.pdf
      - WaresList_English.pdf
    scripts
    • - !init.X2I.terranpolicelicence.modified.pck
      - lib.X2I.terranpolicelicence.addstatistics.xml
      - lib.X2I.terranpolicelicence.getrankname.xml
      - lib.X2I.terranpolicelicence.moneystring.xml
      - lib.X2I.terranpolicelicence.statistics.xml
      - plugin.X2I.terranpolicelicence.checkcommand.xml
      - plugin.X2I.terranpolicelicence.install.xml
      - plugin.X2I.terranpolicelicence.main.xml
      - plugin.X2I.terranpolicelicence.scan.xml
      - plugin.X2I.terranpolicelicence.start.xml
      - plugin.X2I.terranpolicelicence.uninstall.xml
      - setup.X2I.terranpolicelicence.xml
    scripts.uninstall
    • - uninstall.X2I.terranpolicelicence.bat
    t
    • - 7334-L044.xml (English)
      - 7334-L049.xml (German)
>>Version history
  • 25th August 2012 - Update (Version 1.1)
    • - Fixed text error in licence removal message
      - Fixed unnecessary licence removal after destroying certain ships
    21st June 2012 - Release (Version 1.0)
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 29. Nov 15, 18:35, edited 7 times in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 16:10

**reserved**
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 16:10

**reserved**
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Mail_Manof_Doom
x4

Illegal Wares

Post by Mail_Manof_Doom » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 01:58

I downloaded the mod the other day and was wondering what the illegal wares were?
"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards."
Fred Hoyle

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 10:01

The mod is a script. :) Space Fuel, Space Weed and the System Override Software are the illegal wares by default.
Readme/first post wrote:>>Additional information

As the Terrans do not consider any wares as illegal in their sectors, the script gives you the possibility of defining illegal wares. This works, just as with the money and rank rewards, over the text file. In it you have to specify the amount of illegal wares (text id="200"), the maintype of a ware (text id="201" and following) and the subtype of a ware (text id="301" and following). The entries of maintypes (2xx) and subtypes (3xx) with the same tens and unit digit (xx) refer to the same ware. Entered in the text file as default wares are Space Fuel (maintype 14, subtype 2), Space Weed (maintype 14, subtype 10) and the System Override Software (maintype 16, subtype 72). A list of all wares with their maintypes and subtypes that are part of the game (functional or not) can be found in the Documents folder (WaresList_English.pdf).
Please note that the wares specified in the text file will not be marked as illegal in the game. They will also have no influence on any other area of the game (such as other scripts or missions).

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 14:54

You sir, have just made my day with this one :D

Mail_Manof_Doom
x4

Post by Mail_Manof_Doom » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 14:57

oops didn't read the Additional info.
"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards."
Fred Hoyle

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 16:59

This is a truly excellent idea, X2-Illuminatus. Mostly because it fixes a problem that many players have with the vanilla game -- the inability to repair ATF rank.

However, I suspect that some of the greatness of this script may be diluted by the wall-of-text OP. :)

Thorough documentation is terrific, but it might help to add a short list of highlights at the top:
  • :arrow: Increase ATF Rank
    :arrow: Configurable illegal wares.
    :arrow: Double rewards for killing Xenons in Terran/ATF space (configurable rewards).

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 17:50

DrBullwinkle wrote:This is a truly excellent idea, X2-Illuminatus.
Thank you. :)
DrBullwinkle wrote:Thorough documentation is terrific, but it might help to add a short list of highlights at the top:
Good idea. Added a short "Highlights"-section to the first post.

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 21:39

I has found bug.

I was "accidentally" killing Teladi and somehow I lost my Terran police licence. How does that happen? I was in Greater Profit, nowhere near anything even remotely Human and my Venator just decided to fire on an idiot Teladi Police vessel and suddenly I find out I lose my licence.

Unless that is, Terrans/ATF now own them or NMMC?

Installed Mod which "MAY" have caused conflict:
Improved Races 2.(whatever the current is)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 22:38

Thanks for the report. I think, I know what the problem is and will try to release a fix in the next days.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 20:49

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

Had an idea to go about a similar process, but knew it'd be a difficult work around. May I add this to the recommend links on the TRP forum page?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 21:59

eldyranx3 wrote:Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.
You're welcome. :)
eldyranx3 wrote:Had an idea to go about a similar process, but knew it'd be a difficult work around. May I add this to the recommend links on the TRP forum page?
Sure, feel free to do so.

Misinformed
x3tc

Post by Misinformed » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 01:00

your cover pic reminds me of Space Precinct :D

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 05:30

So today I killed a duke's vessel and it says my license is revoked. Is it meant to work this way?

Thanks.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 11:46

No, it's not supposed to work this way. I'm aware of this issue, but haven't had the time to look into this by now.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 17:30

A small update to fix the problems mentioned by Calgor Grim and jelf.

Update (Version 1.1)
  • - Fixed text error in licence removal message
    - Fixed unnecessary licence removal after destroying certain ships

phantomrock2
x4

Nice! I Like It!

Post by phantomrock2 » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 14:02

As you probably already know by now I do all of this on the MAC platform & I went ahead & copied the files to the respective places & it worked but I scrolled down it said ***modified***. Why Egosoft has not or will sign such script baffles me. But I sure did like it before I deleted the MODDED games & put the unMODDED back :) :lol: RIGHT ON!
[" thank you "]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”