Abandoned Ship Spawner for AP (ASS-AP) v88 [AP][ALP]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Abandoned Ship Spawner for AP (ASS-AP) v88 [AP][ALP]

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 16:12

Abandoned Ship Spawner for AP (ASS-AP)
[ external image ]

[ external image ] ASS-AP <-- v88 Adds support for XRM's Quantum Pulse Repair Laser

* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The following should be a direct url to the file. bbcode will not make a proper link (bbcode does not like the parentheses, which are valid):

Code: Select all

https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/x3tcscripts/Abandoned%20Ship%20Spawner%20for%20AP%20(ASS-AP)%20v88-2012-07-19.spk
* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Abandoned Ship Spawner creates the wrecks... Can you find them?

Corbinbird's classic, updated for AP, with some fresh new features:

Features
  • :arrow: Added new AP Ships. All ship types can be spawned. Random types; random locations.
    :arrow: New!: Some ships include bonus extras, such as Repair Lasers, Marines, and Super-Tuned engines or rudder.
    :arrow: New!: Adds Graxster's "Repair Ship" and "Repair All Ships in Sector" commands to the Trade menu. Why? So that you will have something cool to do with the Repair Lasers that you find! Also, because Graxster's Mobile Repairs modifies TLasers, which makes it incompatible with some other mods. And one more reason: Because finding a rare laser is more fun that just buying them at a factory!
    :arrow: Repair scripts support XRM's Quantum Pulse Repair Laser
    :arrow: Will not remove vanilla abandoned ships unless you configure it to do so in the t file. Spawned ships will be removed as new ships are added.
    :arrow: New ship spawn time is configurable in the t file.
    :arrow: Ship name includes "(A.S.S.)" so that you can distinguish spawned ships from vanilla abandoned ships.
    :arrow: Logs creation of ships (for cheaters and testers).

Recommended
Compatibility
  • This version is for Albion Prelude. The version for Terran Conflict is: Abandoned Ship Spawner for TC v82 (corbinbird)

Should be compatible with most stuff that does not remove vanilla ship types. If you add ship types, then ASS-AP will not spawn them. If you remove ship types, then ASS-AP will be confused.

Multiple players report that ASS-AP works correctly with XRM (although XRM-specific ship types will not be spawned). You can use the log for testing (Data\EgoSoft\X3AP\log07300.txt).

Requirements
  • X3AP

How to Install
  • 1) Install with the Plugin Manager.
    . . (Or, with the Plugin Manager installed, right-click and "Export to zip". Then install manually. If this is your first time, see LV's tutorial: Installing Scripts & Mods)

2) Turn on the Artificial Life Plugin (ALP) in the Gameplay Options. (Press Esc, then look in the lower left corner of your screen for the menu).

How to Use
  • Just turn it on in the AL Settings on the Gameplay Options menu.
    Then watch for abandoned ships.

Configuration Options
  • The t file contains several options that you can use to configure the way that this script works.
    The options all have comments. I hope that the descriptions are clear. If not, then please ask so that I can clarify them in a future release:

<t id="20">60</t> <!-- Number of minutes between spawns (game time). Default = 60 -->
    <t id="21">0</t> <!-- Max number of ships. Zero means "no cleaup". Default = 0 -->

Which file do I edit in my t folder?
  • I got tired of constantly looking up PageID numbers, so I decided to come up with a way to see, at a glance, which t file goes with which script or mod.

The -L099xxx file does the trick. Think of the -L099 files as "documentation"; it is merely a marker so you can easily find which file to edit.
    • (The reason for the funny name with the -L099 and .xml -- rather than just a .txt file -- is to trick the Plugin Manager into putting the file in the correct folder.)

The -L044 file is the English language file. So, for Abandoned Ship Spawner, the full file name for the English t file is "7300-L044.xml". <-- Edit this one.

Language codes are the international dialing codes for your country:
    • - L007 - Russian
      - L033 - French
      - L034 - Spanish
      - L039 - Italian
      - L042 - Czech republic ?
      - L044 - English
      - L048 - Polish
      - L049 - German

History
  • v.88 (2012-07-19)
    - Adds support for XRM's Quantum Pulse Repair Laser (Probably) (Barklight)

v.87 (2012-07-11)
    - Changed Plugin Manager default "compatibility" to "Albion Prelude". No other changes. (Jaga_Telesin)

v.86 (2012-06-21)
    - Some ships now spawn with a Repair Laser. Find more ships to get more Repair Lasers!
    - Includes Graxster's "Repair Ship" and "Repair All Ships in Sector" commands. Why? So that you will have something cool to do with the Repair Lasers that you find! Also, because Graxster's Mobile Repairs mods TLasers, which makes it incompatible with many other mods. And one more reason: Because finding a rare laser is more fun that just buying them at a factory!
    - Some ships now spawn with marines.
    - Some chance for super-tunings (and two additional equipment items).
    - This version will cleanup (remove) old ships created by ASS-AP, but will not remove vanilla abandoned ships.

v.85 Bullwinkle (2012-06-12)
    - More consistent spawning
    - Log now shows ship created and sector, but not location. You have to find it!
    - Added library to count abandoned ships. Timer now checks count before adding.
    - If Max number of ships = 0 then no limit.
    - Added comments to t file
    - Allow change to timer (in t file) to change without toggling the ALP.

v.84 Bullwinkle
    - Fixed bug: Clean up is now really "Off" by default.
    - Fixed name so that it actually adds "(A.S.S.)"
    - Write ship creations and cleanups to log file.
    - Removed initial bulk spawn because we also stopped bulk removal.

v.83 Bullwinkle
    - Added new AP ships.
    - Cleanup of exisitng ship is now configurable in the t\7300 file.
    Default is OFF = No Cleanup.
    - New ship spawn time is now configurable in the t\7300 file.
    Default = 1 hour (slower spawn rate)
    - Ship name includes "ASS" so that you can identify ships added by ASS.

v.82 Corbinbird
    - Original

Links
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Fri, 5. Feb 16, 00:47, edited 25 times in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Reserved 1

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Reserved 2

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 08:41

Update: v86

Some ships spawn with bonus "extras", such as Repair Lasers, Marines, and Super-Tuned engines or rudder.

Includes Graxster's "Repair Ship" and "Repair All Ships in Sector" commands from Mobile Ship Repairs.

Why?:
  • - The Repair Ship commands give you something to do with the Repair Lasers that you may find in abandoned ships.
    - It is more run to have to hunt for rare Repair Lasers than it is to buy them from a factory.
    - Also, Mobile Ship Repairs modifies TLasers, which can conflict with other mods. I included the scripts here to avoid compatibility problems.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 05:55

Just an FYI DrB.. when right-clicking this SPK and choosing Install, the Plugin Manager complains that this is the wrong version and requires TC instead.

I've set the Plugin Manager Lite (v1.46) to modified and AP, and have the game up-to-date.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 15:54

Thanks for the report, Jaga! It is a setting in the Package Creator, and this particular script should be set to AP only.

Fixed.

Minor Update

History
  • v.87 (2012-07-11)
    - Changed Plugin Manager default "compatibility" to "Albion Prelude". No other changes. (Jaga_Telesin)

(If you have v.86 then you do not need to update.)
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Thu, 19. Jul 12, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 16:42

This script is pretty nice, i am considering using it insted of NPC Bailing mod to give me the chance of finding random wrecks.

I cannot seem to find any indication of what kind of ship sizes it can add to the universe though. Are we talking badly damaged fighters and freighters or also badass frigates, destroyers and carriers?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 16:49

Troubleshooter11 wrote:what kind of ship sizes it can add to the universe ... ?
Feature Number 1: "Added new AP Ships. All ship types can be created. Random types; random locations. "

So, yes, it spawns capital ships as well as smaller ships. Damage and equipment is random.

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 20:07

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Feature Number 1: "Added new AP Ships. All ship types can be created. Random types; random locations. "

So, yes, it spawns capital ships as well as smaller ships. Damage and equipment is random.
Ah, seems like we ran into a case of reading the fraking manual before posting. Sorry :D

(Then again i work in the IT, we dont do manuals)

dracotonisamond
x4

Post by dracotonisamond » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 00:31

DrBullwinkle wrote:

does this mean it can spawn kha'ak ships?

ive been wanting to get my hands on a kha'ak destroyer without it feeling cheated.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 03:19

dracotonisamond wrote:does this mean it can spawn kha'ak ships?
Feature Number 1: "Added new AP Ships. All ship types can be spawned... "

Of course, the odds of any one ship being spawned is something like one per month of 24x7 game play. And, then, you would have to find Destroyer before it gets "cleaned up" (removed). That said, I have had a Destroyer spawn in my own game.

Of course, since Kha'ak capital ships cannot be boarded, there is no vanilla way to claim one. :)

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 07:07

Found an A.S.S. spawned ship a day ago after several days of flying, rather far outside the ecliptic. It was rather the surprise, and I actually had to scramble to get a copy of the Salvage Claim Software to actually be able to claim it.

Now I have a jumping base ship that can host marines for repairs, and dock up to 6 fighters. Worth it.

The frequency of ship creation and total number were something I dropped a bit in the files before starting the game, so I was surprised to even find one.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 12:54

I'm glad to hear you are having fun with it, Jaga.
Jaga_Telesin wrote:I actually had to scramble to get a copy of the Salvage Claim Software to actually be able to claim it.
Almost all abandoned ships can be claimed or boarded the vanilla way.

Only Kha'ak capital ships require Salvage Claim Software (because they are meant to be unobtainable by the player in the vanilla game).

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 19:43

This ship was slightly larger, being able to dock fighters. I did try a spacewalk and was not given the "Claim" menu entry to do it. Wasn't a big deal since there was an EqD in the same sector.

I think normally it is M6 or M7 and larger (?) that require some sort of claiming software, legal or otherwise. And some of the larger TP/TS? At least that's what I recall from X3R and TC, though I may have shoddy memory since I haven't played either for some time.

Either way, it was nice to see a ship like that available from the script. Helped my push for an empire quite a bit. And the custom rates for spawning ships are right on from what I can see - I haven't seen another and have covered roughly half the universe in a new game.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 19:49

Jaga_Telesin wrote:I think normally it is M6 or M7 and larger (?) that require some sort of claiming software
No special software necessary; TM, M6 and above are claimed by boarding them (with marines). TP, TS, and fighters can be claimed by spacewalk.

Only Kha'ak capital ships cannot be boarded by any vanilla technique (Salvage Claim Software can claim them).
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Mon, 16. Jul 12, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 20:25

Hi Dr B, on average, how many ships per 90 min cycle does it spawn when set to default?
Still life in the old dog yet...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 21:19

Vayde wrote:how many ships per 90 min cycle does it spawn when set to default?
One ship per cycle, until you reach the maximum.

Then, depending on the settings, spawning will either stop until you claim a ship, or one ship will be removed for every ship added.

Barklight
x4

Post by Barklight » Thu, 19. Jul 12, 05:31

Loving this package! My first trophy was a REAL gem. A few hours after a game start, I stumbled over a Yaki Shuyo M1 Carrier up in Kingdom End. I *might* have giggled like a schoolboy when I ran around collecting the stuff I needed to claim it. 3 hours of "Well frak, now I need to go get all the CODEA scripts" later, the thing is my fleet's pride and joy. And a lot of people who aren't with the Argon kinda hate me. Now if only I could find some capital-class weapons for the darn thing, XRM's re-balance and re-distribution of those makes it kinda tricky :P

All that being said, THANK YOU. Love it.

Only thing I am curious about - XRM adds the OTAS Maintenance Pod ships, which have the built in "Quantum Pulse Repair Laser" item as, well, basically a repair laser hyped up on 100KG of cocaine. Would it be difficult to add this item to the inventory-check of ships for the Repair Ship... and Repair All Ships in Sector... commands? I can try and rummage around the package and find a way to do it, but if you already know where to look it'd be awesome if you share :)

Edit: Not sure if I'm gonna be able to even try to get this done on my own, been so long I can't remember what I need to do to edit the stuff. Extracted the spk package with Package Explorer and when I try to open the xml files in notepad++ I get gibberish, or in X3 Editor 2 I get nothing at all. I'll have to wait and see if someone more up to date on the how-to's replies :P
Insert something witty here, some day...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 19. Jul 12, 08:00

Barklight wrote:THANK YOU. Love it. ...

Would it be difficult to add [XRM's "Quantum Pulse Repair Laser"] to the inventory-check of ships for the Repair Ship... and Repair All Ships in Sector... commands?
I am glad that you like it, Barklight! And thank you for making the first report that Abandoned Ship Spawner works correctly with XRM.

Since I do not use XRM, you (and other XRM players) will have to test v88 and let me know whether it works correctly.

Regarding editing scripts, you cannot do it with a text editor. X3 scripts require the in-game script editor or Exscriptor.

Update:

Abandoned Ship Spawner for AP (ASS-AP)
[ external image ]

[ external image ] <-- v88 Beta Adds support for XRM's Quantum Pulse Repair Laser (Probably) (Barklight)

Barklight
x4

Post by Barklight » Thu, 19. Jul 12, 09:10

Great, thanks for the quick reply!

So far it's working with XRM with no problems. The log file also shows continual new entries for spawns. I might suggest adding a time stamp of some sort (real time or in game time) just as a reference for reading it.

I am testing the update you just put up and it appears to be working, the additional repair commands are useable for the maintenance pod ships now. Thanks!

Edit: Yep, verified working. Just claimed a Nova and commanded the maintenance pod to repair it, and it did so. Now I just need to figure out how to add a "Repair X, then return home" command to redock it when done :P

<3!
Insert something witty here, some day...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”