Albion Prelude and Unowned Ships: Do they exist?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

whoishigh

Albion Prelude and Unowned Ships: Do they exist?

Post by whoishigh » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 08:06

I've been playing X3 since the Terran Conflict, but when I say playing I mean quitting after about 10 minutes of frustration. However I've recently picked it up again with Albion Prelude, and I guess I'm enjoying it. One thing, though: I discovered the existence of unowned ships as I was perusing the internet for cool things to do and immediately set off in search of the nearest one. After some time figuring out how to send my ship to specific coordinates and reconfiguring my controls to allow me to do so (my laptop lacks a numberpad, so this took me way too long to figure out), I finally reached the approximate coordinates of what should be an unowned ship. What I found, though, was zilch. Nada. Nothing. I'm still very much a new player so maybe I've done something wrong, but my coords were nearly dead on. A little googling later, and I'm still nowhere. My question is this: Does Albion Prelude even have unowned ships? I guess it would make sense if they weren't there since it's a prelude and all but I haven't found anything that can confirm this one way or the other, hence my first post here.

I don't know if it matters but I'm playing on a MacBook and thusly have the Mac version (which for whatever reason has to cost twice as much as the regular version, go figure). If there's any other relevant data you all need please let me know. This is rather frustrating!

ajmthefalconer
x3tc

Post by ajmthefalconer » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 08:12

The list of unowned ships you found was for Terran Conflict. None of them are in AP.

There are other surprises, however...

whoishigh

Post by whoishigh » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 08:20

Huh. That's pretty lame. The multiple lists I found didn't specify -which- X3 they were for, so I half-assumed they were universal. Guess not! On the plus side, I learned how to navigate using the sector map. Kind of. Adjusting the coords to <1KM is a giant pain!

Now I'll just figure out how to get the cheat scripts/plugins/whatever working. Thanks for your reply!

Edit: Nevermind, getting the cheats to work seems to be a completely new can of worms. I'll just have to suffer in my space poverty!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 08:31

welcome to X and our forum.
There are many good guides,including video tutorials , in the stickies at the top of this forum.

You can buy cheap USB Number pads for laptops etc.
I used a number of such things when I had a laptop.

There should also be a number-pad built into the central group of keys.
Sometimes activated by a function key, but check your laptop manual :)

Mrreg
x3tc

Post by Mrreg » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 09:56

Spoiler
Show
There are some ships waiting to be claimed in Albion Prelude, but their locations are randomized, so there is no way for us to tell you where to find them.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 13:30

Mrreg wrote:
Spoiler
Show
There are some ships waiting to be claimed in Albion Prelude, but their locations are randomized, so there is no way for us to tell you where to find them.
I don't think what Mrreg says is a spoiler really, more a game tip. However to keep in the spirit of things I'll take it as a spoiler.
Spoiler
Show
If you want to know the location of the abandoned ships, and also 'hidden' crates of goodies for your particular game, there is a script called 'ej.findwares'. A quick search should bring it quite easily. If you follow the instructions to this file you can can continue playing your game without the ***modified*** tag.
:)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

46_n_2
x3tc

Post by 46_n_2 » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 13:47

i read the title as unknown ships.... and was going to say ignore claims of an UFO base....

but for unowned or claimable ships as has been said before they are there but random locations every game...... follow Coreblimey's advice if you dont care about ***modified***

and welcome to the universe.... expect to have little free time after you beat the learning curve :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”