[MD] [TC] Interactive Plot Manager for Terran Conflict

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

dillpickle
x3tc

[MD] [TC] Interactive Plot Manager for Terran Conflict

Post by dillpickle » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 20:57

Interactive Plot Manager for Terran Conflict

This is for X3TC only. The plots it deals with aren't in Albion Prelude.

A major overhaul of 'All Plots Complete/Financial', designed to give the player more control over the plots they wish to play.

How it works

It's natural state is disabled, so if you don't want it, it won't be in your game.
To enable it you need to change your player name to 'PlotManager' (without quotes).

Subtitles will show that it's available.

What it will do when enabled:

A short time after reaching the start requirements for a particular plot you'll get a message:

[ external image ]

This will tell you the current price to complete the plot by payment. Some plots the cost will decrease if you have completed some of it prior to switching to the payment method.

The Plot Manager can be now be accessed through the comms menu when docked at any station.

[ external image ]

The Plot Representatives will handle your needs for that particular plot, whilst the Plot Reset Manager can be used if a particular stage of a plot or Corporation needs resetting. - It will only reset the stage of the plot you are on (if the plot has set stages) otherwise it will reset the entire plot.
Plots cannot be reset once they are completed - so once you have selected your new home sector there is no changing your mind several days later...

Talking to a Plot Rep. will get you four options:

[ external image ]

1. Switch to Credit Payment System.

All mission guidance, actors and other plot objects are cleaned up, and a new conversation (you will need to undock/redock for it to show up) will be available from your rep giving payment options:

[ external image ]

You can now choose to pay the full amount, or installments as and when you have some spare credits. Plot rewards will not be available until Full payment ha been made.

The outstanding amount can be tracked in your mission briefings:

[ external image ]

Once full payment has been made, the plot will be marked as complete (for other plots that it may be a pre-requisite for) and the rewards will be available.

2. Maybe Later.

Can't decide whether you want to play the plot, pay for it or just have it completed? This will leave your options open.

3. Make The Plot Complete - No Payment.

As it says, the plot is set as complete, removed from the game, and all the rewards will be available.

4. I Wish To Play This Plot.

This will remove the Plot Representative, as well as all your options to complete the plot other than to play it as intended.

Other Features:
  • If used in a custom game, will allow you to activate the plots.
  • PHQ by Notoriety - allows you to start the PHQ Plot when you reach Boron King's Knight (Rank 8 ) rather than waiting until the end of The Hub Plot.
  • The Hub Plot will give you some extra options in the initial contact message wen you reach the start requirements.
    • Normal - The standard ware requirements (75,000 microchips.)
    • Easy - 10% of standard ware requirements (7,500 microchips.)
    • Very Easy - 1% of standard ware requirements (750 microchips.)
    • Mahi Ma's Revenge - The original 1.0 plot requirements (250,000 microchips - for those that enjoy a challenge...)
Where to find everything

Terran Plot: Heretic's End: Three Rapiers. Mars: Vidar, Rapier and Scabbard. Venus: Advanced Discoverer. Earth: Claymore. Ocean of Fantasy: Cutlass. Aldrin: Scabbard (also #deca, now boardable). Unknown Sector East of Zyarth's Dominion (20-5): Abandoned Enhanced Jaguar.

Aldrin Expansion: Asteroid Belt: Baldric Miner. Aldrin 2: Mobile Mining Base Ship.

Goner Plot: Elysium of Light: Truelight Seeker - In addition the Ozias is now boardable, the Goner Temple is built with it's relevant wares, and you get the Unfocussed Jump Drive.

Kha'ak Plot (Final Fury): Argon M148: Griffon - this is already under player control.

Hub Plot: Hub Sector (13-8 ): Enhanced Dolphin.

PHQ Plot: Hub Sector (13-8 ): Orca - with PHQ in the cargo hold.

Treasure Hunt: Argon Prime: Xperimental Shuttle.

A New Home: Player Sector (20-2): From Zyarth's Dominion, head East into the Unknown Sector, then North to the Player Sector.

Balance of Power: Maelstrom: Fenrir and Mjollner. Thor and Valkyrie blueprints added to PHQ once it's built.

Installation:

Extract the zip folder into your X3TC root folder, the files should end up in your director folder where they need to be.

Download:

I have moved all my downloads to NexusMods, in an effort to ensure they are still available to anybody that still wants to use them:

Dillpickle's Mission Director Collection for Terran Conflict

Modifications:
director/2.007 HUB Plot.xml
director/3.02 Plot Missions.xml
director/DPPCF01 Plot Manager.xml
director/DPPCF02 Plot Manager Libraries.xml

t/8340
t/conversations

Fixes:
29/08/2012 Reward ships now turned over to player when using Plot Manger to complete missions.
21/10/2012 Just a few minor bug fixes.

Alternative Version:
As per Nanook's request there is now an 'abandoned ship' version.

All the ships, with a few exceptions, are created as abandoned ships for the player to claim as and when he finds them. These ships are just bare hulls, no shields, no equipment, no nothing...

Exceptions:
  • Claymore - this will still be docked at the Torus, and turned over to the player when he enters the sector. This is because with collision avoidance being what it is in Terran sectors, and the very limited flight path in the sector, trying to claim an abandoned ship would most likely equal 'Game Over'...
  • The Griffon - this one is created outside of the actual missions, as it was added as an after thought, trying to do anything different with it just causes headaches...
  • The Orca, this will be abandoned in the hub sector, stripped of equipment etc... but it will still have the PHQ on board.
Ships created in Terran sectors tend to get moved around a lot due to collision avoidance, as they are no longer automatically turned over to the player, they will only show up when in scanner/satellite range, so they will take some searching for...

File available from the same place - will have 'abandoned_ship' in the file name, also available abandoned ship version of the original All Plots Complete - Terran Conflict
Last edited by dillpickle on Tue, 29. Nov 16, 18:00, edited 4 times in total.

HAUSMEiSTER.cnx
x4

Post by HAUSMEiSTER.cnx » Tue, 3. Jul 12, 21:35

Hi!

Just found this by accident and want to say "thank you"!
Had to restart my game due to some mods and I just don't want to do some but not all plots again. Your Plot Manager is perfect for this purpose and works great.

Thank you... :thumb_up:

HAUSMEiSTER

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 3. Jul 12, 23:17

Very nice. I'm currently using the previous 'All Plots Complete' version. :thumb_up:

One minor request. Could you have an option so that the various ships are all empty and have to be claimed by the player, rather than simply transferring ownership to the player? I'd like to not suddenly have them given to me, but have to do at least a little work to own them. It would also prevent them from being destroyed in case there were hostiles around when the plot 'completed'.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Jozua61
x3tc

Post by Jozua61 » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 11:42

Hi there, Dillpickle

Also found this by accident, but Imust say...Absolutely brilliant!
Just what I needed. Thank you very much. Works great.
May the X-Universe bless your continued innovation.
:thumb_up: :D

Jozua

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 19:47

I know you said this is for TC only, but can this be used with Albion Prelude if we've installed your mod "[MOD] Terran Conflict plots for Albion Prelude"?
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 20:04

klaatu wrote:I know you said this is for TC only, but can this be used with Albion Prelude if we've installed your mod "[MOD] Terran Conflict plots for Albion Prelude"?
There is a version already built in with Terran Conflict plots for Albion Prelude, works the same way this one does... :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 20:09

Terran Conflict plots for Albion Prelude (dillpickle) already includes a version of the Plot Manager, Klaatu. It is described in the "Extra Stuff" section of the OP.

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 20:17

OK, thanks; I must have missed that.
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 20:14

Update:

Fixed a few bugs that turned up... Also added an abandoned ship version.

HunZolka
x4

Post by HunZolka » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 14:15

Thank you very much, I belive the Conflicts mod might have destroyed an Orbital Defense Station I was supposed to dock in the 4th Terran Plot scene, and I only got 'dock at: invalid' at the mission briefing.

Resetting the plot fixed it. Thanks again!

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 03:44

DrBullwinkle wrote:Terran Conflict plots for Albion Prelude (dillpickle) already includes a version of the Plot Manager, Klaatu. It is described in the "Extra Stuff" section of the OP.
Where do I find it? It does not show up in my controls window, nor in any plugin menu.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [MD] [TC] Interactive Plot Manager for Terran Conflict

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 09:38

Quoting the relevant part of the OP describing the activation process:
dillpickle wrote:How it works

It's natural state is disabled, so if you don't want it, it won't be in your game.
To enable it you need to change your player name to 'PlotManager' (without quotes).

Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

SimB
x4

Re: [MD] [TC] Interactive Plot Manager for Terran Conflict

Post by SimB » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 13:45

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Quoting the relevant part of the OP describing the activation process:
dillpickle wrote:How it works

Thank you very much! I must have been blind.

Sadly though my plots are broken. I can only ask the plot people for the ways to nearest shipyard and Surrender!. :(

I will try reinstalling all packages.

UPDATE:

ReInstalling the mods in the right order (see instructions.txt inside the TCAP/XRM/IEX package) worked!

Ed t'Klr
x3fl

Post by Ed t'Klr » Thu, 1. Feb 18, 09:11

I'm having problems with the Tresure Hunt plot, the X-shutle is docked at the argon shipyard in argon prime, it has a pilot in and I can't take control of it.

I'm using the normal version, not the abandoned one.
***modified***

coreador
xrvr

Post by coreador » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 00:36

Do you have to leave your player name as PlotManager? Or can you change it back after the manager starts?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”