[Interactive Tutorial] X3: Terran Conflict (By LotGL)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skite
x4

[Interactive Tutorial] X3: Terran Conflict (By LotGL)

Post by Skite » Mon, 7. May 12, 12:17

New to the game?
Just browsing the forum before deciding to buy the game?
Been playing for a while, but tempted to uninstall because you feel stuck?

Take a look at our interactive tutorial!
We'll be discussing anything that comes to your and our mind!
Feel free to ask questions in the comments, so we can add them in an episode.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL43912C651304DF3A

EDIT: The channel will also feature season 2 of my let's play in the near future.

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 10:57

Initial feedback is that is takes a while to start getting to a point where it is informative. I haven't watched it all but you might want to think about cutting out the parts where it isn't helping the player near the beginning. Remember your target audience is people wanting to know how to play the game and not all of them will be patient enough to sit through stuff that isn't doing that.
Saying that I will add to the guides sticky.
Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 11:02

Graphil wrote:Initial feedback is that is takes a while to start getting to a point where it is informative. I haven't watched it all but you might want to think about cutting out the parts where it isn't helping the player near the beginning. Remember your target audience is people wanting to know how to play the game and not all of them will be patient enough to sit through stuff that isn't doing that.
Saying that I will add to the guides sticky.
I don't cut it out to give the right idea of timescale it takes to get things done.
Different mindset, different work etiquette.
IMHO, players shouldn't see an edited video and get the idea you can get a factory set up and running within minutes.
Most of the time any other talk that is done is informative as well, so there's no loss there either.
On another note, there are timelinks to specific parts in the description for easy navigation.

That said, it's new work so I'm bound to replace the first few vids with more streamlined versions. Episodes 3 and 4 are all good, if I say so myself!

Thanks for the add.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”