Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2) v1.05 [TC][AP][SCR]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2) v1.05 [TC][AP][SCR]

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 14. Jun 12, 23:02

Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2)
Download: Mobile Mining Mk2 <-- v1.05 Improved continuation of mining after unload. (kurush)

[ external image ]

Enhances Mobile Mining in several ways:
  • :arrow: You can mine Nividium.
    :arrow: Ships pause for shield recovery when low.
    :arrow: Damaged ships go to nearby shipyard or homebase for repairs.
    :arrow: Homebase can now be a military vessel (M0/1/2/7).
    :arrow: Adds Wing Mining command to Trade menu. Command an entire wing to mine with a single setup.
    :arrow: Continues to mine after unloading at Homebase.

Recommended
  • Use with Marine Repairs v2 and Detector for terrific synergy! Detector finds Nividium rock clusters, MM Mk2 mines it, and Marine Repairs fixes your ships and trains your marines when ships get damaged during routine mining operations.

Guides
  • For more information about Mobile Mining, see Bunny's classic Mobile Mining Guide. It was written for X3:Reunion, but is still correct for Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude.

For a fully-automated approach, including selling your minerals, see: Mobile Mining Quick Setup Guide.

Compatibility
  • Works for TC and AP. Should be compatible with anything that works with vanilla Mobile Mining.

If you ask me whether it works with XRM, I'm going to tell you to punch yourself for asking. :)

Requirements
  • Mineral Scanner
    Ore Collector
    Special Command Software
    Navigation Command Software
    Ship that will carry Ore. (In vanilla X3R, TC, or AP, that means XL size cargo.)
    Optional: "Homebase" Capital Ship (TL/M7/M1/M2/M0) (Both Homebase and miners require Transporter Device for this option to work.)

How to Install Mobile Mining Mk2
  • 1) Install Mobile Mining Mk2 as an archive with the Plugin Manager, or copy the contents of the scripts folder into your addon\scripts folder (AP) or scripts folder (TC). If this is your first time, see LV's tutorial: Installing Scripts & Mods

Note: You do not need to install the scripts.uninstall folder. It contains the vanilla mobile mining scripts, in case you want to uninstall Mobile Mining Mk2.
How to Use Mobile Mining Mk2
  • 1) On a ship that meets the above Requirements, open the Special Menu. Then choose "Mine Minerals... [Mine.S]"
    2) Select the mineral that you want the miner to mine.
    3) Optional: If the miners are homebased to a TL that is in-sector, then they will offload their minerals when full, then return to mining. That way, you can have a single TS with multiple miners (Falcon Haulers are excellent, but a TS will do). Then a CLS2 can transfer from the TL to a sales location.
    4) Profit.

Tips
  • I know that the guides all recommend TS's as miners. I don't know where that idea came from, but it is not the best, especially if the miners will be working In-Sector with the player. TS's have weak shields, poor maneuverability, and their guns are on the tail.

Miners should have a TL (or other capital ship) in the same sector to offload minerals. So the cargo capacity of the miner ships is not so important.

A better choice would be an XL-capable fighter (Falcon Hauler) or an M6.

If you do use a TS, the best chioces are the new TS+ ships (Drake, Sturgeon, Snotra, Tern, Hayabusa) or Mistrals (Regular and SF) for their stronger shields and front turrets.

Mobile Drilling System is neither required nor desired. Just have a few hornets on the player ship for initial asteroid-busting. After that, mosquitoes or any fast gun will break up smaller junks.

* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
History
  • v1.02 (2012-06-16)
    - Fixes problem with ships always stuck recovering shields.
    - Temporarily changes ship name when recovering shields or repairing.

v1.01 - Mobile Mining Mk2 (Name change) (2012-06-14)
    - Adds Nividium to list of mineable minerals.
    - Ships pause to restore shields when needed.
    - Damaged ships go to shipyard or homebase for repairs.

v1.00 - Mobile Mining for Nividium Initial Release - Bullwinkle (2012-06-11)
* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Links
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sun, 16. Jun 13, 06:07, edited 25 times in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Reserved 1

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Reserved 2

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 14. Jun 12, 23:03

Reserved 3

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 14. Jun 12, 23:08

At last, a simple mobile mining script, I'll try it when I get time.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 07:23

Trying version 1.1 now (Mobile_Mining_Mk2_1.01_BW.zip) and for some reason my Drake just stops instead of mining Nividium. First, it says "Flying to position" and then it switches to "None". I tried KE and Perpertual Sin and in both sectors it just stops. I mined KE with an earlier version of the script, then something happened and Nividium disappeared from the mining options. I found my Drake mining Ore in KE instead of NV. After upgrade no luck mining anything. I'll try blasting one of the big NV roids next to check if that gets mined.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 14:55

Doh!

*Testing fix now*...

[ external image ]
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sun, 17. Jun 12, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 17:41

I Installed via cycrow's plugin manager "Install Archive" Option. As long as there are broken up Niv roids available the mine minerals command works. Not tried it OOS yet though.
Still life in the old dog yet...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 01:12

Bug Fix: Mobile Mining Mk2 v1.02

v1.02 (2012-06-16)
- Fixes problem with ships always stuck recovering shields.
- Temporarily changes ship name when recovering shields or repairing.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sat, 23. Jun 12, 16:21, edited 2 times in total.

Maj. Tom
x3tc

Post by Maj. Tom » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 02:59

This looks like a great script! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for your contribution. Just one question though; do the minerals have to be in the form of rocks (the actual collectable wares) or will the miner ship actively break up fragments (assuming the player blew up a 'roid) into rocks?
The worst part about deep-space exploration is listening to crappy radio stations from 930 years ago.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 03:09

The main difference between the "Collect Rocks" and "Mine Minerals" commands is that "Mine Minerals" will break rocks into smaller chunks (assuming that the miner ship has a laser weapon in a turret -- it does not have to be a Mobile Drilling System).

Mobile Mining Mk2 is an enhancement of "Mine Minerals". So, yes, it will break up rocks into smaller rocks.

Asteroids large enough to be on the sector map must first be broken with a Hornet missile (or similar damage from another weapon -- a Hornet's blast is about 200,000 damage points). Only the player (or a Prospector) can break up asteroids.

EDIT: For more information on mobile mining, check out one of the guides listed in the OP (first or "original" post) of this thread.

Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sun, 17. Jun 12, 03:27, edited 1 time in total.

Maj. Tom
x3tc

Post by Maj. Tom » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 03:23

Okay, I have never actually used collect rocks or mine minerals, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I assumed that large asteroids had to be broken up first by the player. Sounds awesome, thanks.
The worst part about deep-space exploration is listening to crappy radio stations from 930 years ago.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 07:13

DrBullwinkle wrote:Bug Fix: Mobile Mining Mk2 v1.02
Thanks for the fix! It works now, but apparently I mined KE clean of Nividium. They finally fixed infinite mobile mining, time to buy some Hornets :twisted:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 14:45

kurush wrote:Thanks for the fix! It works now

Excellent! I was hoping so. A lot of people downloaded the first day, and only a few have downloaded the fix (*sigh*). The rest were probably waiting for a success report, so thank you for that. :)
apparently I mined KE clean of Nividium.
Yep. Don't forget there are unlimited Nividium asteroids in Undefined Space.

I take a TL with a bunch of Falcon Hauler miners (and one fast scout for scanning asteroids) on my trips into Undefined Space.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 18:18

DrBullwinkle wrote: I take a TL with a bunch of Falcon Hauler miners
So, this is why you implemented that shield management. I only ever mined something OOS and was thinking "why do you need to wait for shields to recharge? they never drop... :? " :lol: Perpetual Sin is called so for a reason...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 19:00

kurush wrote:
DrBullwinkle wrote: I take a TL with a bunch of Falcon Hauler miners ... into Undefined Space [for Nividium mining]
So, this is why you implemented that shield management. I only ever mined something OOS and was thinking "why do you need to wait for shields to recharge? they never drop... :?
Actually, even OOS, miners have random asteroid "collisions"... it is built into the code. If the miner has insufficient shields, then it could take hull damage in addition to the hit to shields.

When OOS, miners normally recover quickly enough that the random asteroid "collisions" do not matter much. However, In-Sector, the miners need to be a bit smarter. Even corvettes can easily kill themselves by smashing into a rock (especially if they do it twice before recovering).

The next version will include support for a wing of miners, so that a single command can launch an entire mining fleet. It will also have further improved shield and hull recovery.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 16:27

Update:

Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2)
Mobile Mining Mk2 <-- v1.03 Wings, better shield and repair, allows military Homebase (M0/1/2/7), continues mining after unload.
[ external image ]

Enhances Mobile Mining in several ways:
  • :arrow: You can mine Nividium.
    :arrow: Ships pause for shield recovery when low.
    :arrow: Damaged ships go to nearby shipyard or homebase for repairs.
    :arrow: New! - Homebase can now be a military vessel (M0/1/2/7) for better shields. M7 has main guns for rock-breaking.
    :arrow: New! - Adds Wing Mining command to Trade menu. Command an entire wing to mine with a single setup.
    :arrow: New! - Continues to mine after unloading at Homebase.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sun, 29. Jul 12, 01:38, edited 2 times in total.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 20:36

Hoorah! My poor Aran can now afford his keep :)

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 21:53

Hi Dr B, I've set up a mining wing of 6 mercury SF but I don't see any commands in the trade section to allow wing mining.

Wing commands available are Nav, combat and special no trade commands. I installed this via cycrows plugin manager, I'll now try to do it manually. A few screenies might help with regards as to what the player should see.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 00:22

Vayde wrote:mining wing of 6 mercury SF but I don't see any commands in the trade section to allow wing mining.
The command should be right on the special menu (after first selecting the wing to command). Do your Mercuries have Special Command and Navigation Command Software? The "Requirements" section clearly lists those. (I know this because I just added them to the list.) ;)

The only other thing I can think of would be a conflict with Wing Command 553. Do you have other wing scripts installed? Do any of them use the Special menu?
Vayde wrote:Hoorah! My poor Aran can now afford his keep :)
Yep! I don't know why an Aran is a carrier rather than a TL. Now you can use it as a TL, at least for mining operations. The slow speed of the Aran is perfect for the "head-butt" rock busting technique.

Tips
  • I know that the guides all recommend TS's as miners. I don't know where that idea came from, but it is not the best, especially if the miners will be working In-Sector with the player. TS's have weak shields, poor maneuverability, and their guns are on the tail.

Miners should have a TL (or other capital ship) in the same sector to offload minerals. So the cargo capacity of the miner ships is not so important.

However, a TS will do the job, so don't trade in your Mercuries just yet. (You will be able to afford a new mining wing after your first Nividium run. :) )

A better choice would be an XL-capable fighter (Falcon Hauler) or an M6.

Best TS's are the new TS+ ships (Drake, Sturgeon, Snotra, Tern, Hayabusa) or Mistrals (Regular and SF) for their stronger shields and front turrets.

Mobile Drilling System is neither required nor desired. Just have a few hornets on the player ship for initial asteroid-busting. After that, mosquitoes or any fast gun will break up smaller junks.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sun, 24. Jun 12, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”