[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 22:54

Cycrow wrote:i will add additional information to the error message to make it clearer.
Great. If you also post the progress to a log, then people can post the logs when they have trouble.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

New Version 1.42

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 22:38

1.42 Available
  • Added spk converter to the Creator to open old spk files
  • Fixed reading and writing of cat files
  • Fixed installation of ships for AP
  • Fixed creation of Text files, stripping out invalid characters
  • Adjusted automatic filetype detection for loading in archive files, Fixed uninstall script detection
  • Added addition to error messages for importing ships

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Thu, 14. Jun 12, 14:33

Not sure if this is an issue for Cycrow or Dr B but as you are both active here I'll ask.

JDK/Upgrade kits creates a new ware and a new station when installed, however when un-installing using the plugin manager the ware reverts to one of the ZA_BLANK types and the station in Getsu Fune remains :(

Is this a script un-install error or something to do with the plugin manager?
Still life in the old dog yet...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 14. Jun 12, 14:48

The ware reverting is normal. If you have uninstalled the plugin, and deleted any Upgrade Kits that you had on hand, then you should not see the ware in the game.

The station remaining is... perhaps not intended. But it is easier if you just destroy it yourself. And by "easier" I mean "easier for me". ;)

In any case, it has nothing to do with the Plugin Manager.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Thu, 14. Jun 12, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Thu, 14. Jun 12, 17:27

Cycrow has very conveniently created a unused ware removal feature via his plugin configuration tool. It found the offending ZA_EMP_BLANK_CUSTOM7_7 ware and removed it for me :)
Still life in the old dog yet...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 14. Jun 12, 23:58

DrBullwinkle wrote:I think that I have figured out why the PM has trouble installing Lucike's scripts.

Lucike's zip files contain scripts.uninstall and scripts.delete folders. The PM correctly puts the contents of the scripts.delete folder in scripts.delete.

However, the contents of scripts.uninstall are copied into the scripts folder. The result is that the uninstall script is run instead of the setup script (because they both have the same name).
This should be fixed in 1.42

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 00:00

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Cycrow wrote:the whole process should be pretty much automated.
Oh, it's automated... It just always fails. ;) At least in the few tests I have tried.

Today I tried XRM and my own (working) mod... both for TC.

Yes, logging would help, please. I figure it is probably cockpit error, but without more information I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.
I've just tested XRM. The problem is that the types files and scene/mod files are in seperate cat files. So the plugin manager cant find the files it needs

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 00:11

Yes, I can confirm that the scripts.uninstall folder appears to be working correctly. Thank you.

Regarding types and models in separate .cats, that is pretty common, isn't it? Like more common than not? I have scenes on the disk drive during debug, then move them to .cat when they are "done". Types is split between .cat and disk depending on the task.

In other words, I don't think it is reasonable to assume that types and scenes/models will all be in the same location.

I can understand why you did it that way... you have said before that you think of a mod as a single .cat/.dat pair. But that is not my experience, in general.

Is it feasible to extract from a VFS of the game folder? (At least as an option?) That should be more reliable, since it should include all of the files associated with the mod.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 00:21

i was going to add an option to load in an additional mod if it failed.
but loading from VFS might be a better idea.

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 00:26

+1 for loading from the VFS.

That makes it easy and simple.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 00:28

I suppose it depends on whether the user wants to extract from an installed mod (VFS) or an uninstalled mod (.cats).

How hard would it be to offer both options? I'm not trying to create extra work for you, but I am thinking that either choice will result in somebody not understanding. :)

If you have to choose one, then VFS would be my preference.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 01:28

it'll be both

the VFS system the plugin manager uses can be used to load a single mod file as well

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 01:30

Perfect.

I think you are going to create a lot of smiles. Ships are surprisingly popular.

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 15:32

Getting an error here I just updated to V1.42 and when I hit the run X3tc button on the PM it tells me d3dx9_37.dll is missing but its not it is there and the game runs ok when not started from the PM ... all was fine until I upgraded and I have not changed ant program files... so I ran the upgrade again and restarted getting the same error (running Win7)

Thanks.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 15:53

strange, not sure y thats suddenly started happening.

u could try either copying that dll to the plugin managers d irectory or windows system directory and see if that fixes it.

thats just the DirectX dll thats used by the gui overlay in the game launcher

waterdragon13167

Need help

Post by waterdragon13167 » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 16:13

Im not as computer literate as i thought, i downloaded the plug in manager but almost everything is greyed out to where i cant use it, it says that no x3.exe/x2.exe can be found, and i downloaded the cheat scripts but i cant use those either.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Need help

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 16:16

waterdragon13167 wrote:Im not as computer literate as i thought, i downloaded the plug in manager but almost everything is greyed out to where i cant use it, it says that no x3.exe/x2.exe can be found, and i downloaded the cheat scripts but i cant use those either.
u have the wrong version. Make sure u download the latest version from the link in the first post

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 16:38

Cycrow wrote:strange, not sure y thats suddenly started happening.

u could try either copying that dll to the plugin managers d irectory or windows system directory and see if that fixes it.

thats just the DirectX dll thats used by the gui overlay in the game launcher
I have copied it to the PM dir and then to the system32 along with the other DX .dll's ... same error ?!?! ... Whatever the last version of PM was worked fine, Im running it as admin also.

EDIT ... oh its wanting d3dx9_42.dll now instead lol

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 17:11

i have recently updated the directx sdk's

that could be the problem then

ill see if i can link to a lower version

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 17:34

Could well be as the rest of it seems to work fine up-till the actual game launch point... I reinstalled the previous version for now along with the previous lib's and that's me running again lol ... Once you roll back to those lib's I will up date again and let you know.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”