[X3] Mobile Mining Guide

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 00:59

All the Ore Collector does is allow you to pick up the resulting rocks by simply flying over it the same as picking up any other cargo. Without the Ore Collector, running over the rocks would cause a collision, and damage to your shields and hull.

And yes, doing it manually is a bit of a pain, which is why most players set up a mobile miner to do it for them. You should also be aware that this particular guide is oriented towards Reunion, not TC or AP. There's another guide listed in the Guides Sticky that is for TC and should work for AP, too. TC/AP does some things differently, so you should probably check out that guide.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Dogstar060763

Post by Dogstar060763 » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 01:22

Nanook wrote:There's another guide listed in the Guides Sticky that is for TC and should work for AP, too. TC/AP does some things differently, so you should probably check out that guide.
Okay, thanks for the advice - I will go check out the other guide. Also, that little link in your sig to the abbreviations FAQ - brilliant! Just what I was looking for! Now I might actually be able to understand what people are going on about in these threads. Thanks!

andertox

Post by andertox » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 14:13

I got a Teladi vulture, equipped with an ore collector, MDS, and an IRE just in case, a Duplex installed and ofcourse the Special command software, commanding the vessel to collect rocks is ineffect... it just comes in the sector and standing there... even if there are rocks to collect and asteroids to break.... i remember there was a command to break up rocks in a sector, think it's the fight command MK2? do i need that also?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 14:59

@ andertox: Which game? In X3TC/AP a standard Vulture will not mount an MDS in the turret, did you mean a Vulture Miner (which cannot mount an IRE)? Those single slot turrets cannot mount 2 weapons anyway so either the MDS or the IRE is redundant.

The 'collect rocks' command does not break rocks at all and so does not need a weapon, it just collects the smallest size rocks such as those that the Player or other ships have already broken up.

In X3TC/AP there is no target/break rocks command. You use the 'mine minerals' or 'mine and trade' commands if you want rocks (smaller than a full-size asteroid) to be broken automatically and later collected.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Kaada
x4

Re: [X3] Mobile Mining Guide

Post by Kaada » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 20:26

Does the Download even work any longer?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [X3] Mobile Mining Guide

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Jul 19, 20:55

@ Kaada: Which download? This thread has several. Anyway, that would be one of the down-sides of resurrecting very old threads.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”