EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

[Mod]X3AP.XRM Menagerie Shipyard v1 [Uses XRM v1.22b Tships] [10 June 2012] Cancelled
View previous topic :: View next topic
Argonaught.

Thank you for registering your game
modified
PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 20:26    Post subject: [Mod]X3AP.XRM Menagerie Shipyard v1 [Uses XRM v1.22b Tships] [10 June 2012] Cancelled Reply with quote Print

<-- Menagerie Shipyard version 1 for X3AP & XRM v 1.22b -->

Cancelled

DO NOT UPDATE XRM TO ANYTHING PAST 1.22B UNTIL THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED

Menagerie.Shipyard_X3AP.XRM by Argonaught.
For X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.22b (05.06.12) by Paulwheeler

BEWARE
This Mod is meant for X3AP+XRM only.

This Mod is only compatible with XRM and will not work with any other Mod that change/add custom ships unless Merged

I am not responsible for any errors that may occur if installed into Vanilla X3AP / Vanilla X3TC or used with any other Mod that changes/adds custom ships.

Compatible with XRM only.
/BEWARE

Quote:
Changelogs

None at the moment

Thanks and credits:

To Cadius for Permission to use the Proteus and Longsword[Normandy SR1] ships from his [MOD] X-Tra Ship/Stations [V2.01 21/5/2012]
Link: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3708389#3708389

To Killerog for Permission to use the EA Destroyer Ship from the [Mod]Battlestar Galactica AP[17/3] [Alpha 0.1 Release]
Link: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3838066#3838066

To MarkusXL for Permission to use the Liberator ship [Blakes 7]
Link: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3219482#3219482

To Nyx2k aka(DJ_D) for Permission to use the Normandy SR2 ship
link: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3858069#3858069

Description:
This creates a Menagerie Shipyard filled with rare ships, and items, unavailable through normal race shipyards.
It will jump randomly around the X universe.
The Shipyards jump timer is set on a 1-2hr cycle.
When it arrives in a new sector it's timer will start counting down to a random time between the 1-2hr cycle.
It's position in Sector will be 25km in Y direction, if the sector has stuff near or in that area the station will be positioned in a safe area close to the co-ords.
It's big anyway so you'll see it.

Ships in Stock and Upgrades

Ships: All XRM Xenon and Khaak + some extras from AP and 5 New imports - See above for links to the Authors threads of the 5 extra ship.

Upgrades: All XRM Xenon and Khaak weapons available as well as a small amount of equipment and of course the cargo/rudder/engine upgrades

Note: in sectors that already have EQ Docks the upgrades above will not show but in other sectors you'll have those upgrades available.

Finding the Station

If you want to find the station it'll cost money in the form of Advanced Satellites.
When the station arrives at a sector that one of your Adv Sats are in you will recieve a message letting you know where it is.

Extras

The station is very old and on the rare occasion you may find some bits that have fallen off when it jumps away from a sector.

Bits you may find are Engine tuning, Rudder optimisation and Repair Laser
Chances of drops per sector are 50%.
Any drops you do find will only be 1x per crate - didn't want to make it too cheaty.

TLDR:

New for AP&XRM
Easier to find - kinda
5 Extra cool ships - Very expensive but, with the weapons they can use and the weird tweaks i gave them, you'll pay it Very Happy
Fully stocked with Xenon and Khaak Weapons + equipment
And bits dropping off of it sometimes - very useful bits

Installation:

Code:

Removing older installs:      

If you have an install of any other version of Menagerie Shipyard you will need to manually remove it.
To remove: please navigate to your games addon\director folder and delete the file Menagerie.Shipyard_X3AP.xml. that's it :)

You are now free to install the XRM version, the new Menagerie.Shipyard_X3AP.XRM file will take care of any left over stuff ingame.

Installation:

The Cat/Dat need to be placed AFTER your XRM install in order to work correctly.
Rename the cat/dat to the next highest number in the sequence of cat/dat in the X3AP addon folder.
Place all files into the addon folder of your game files.

The addon folder can be found at:

Steam\SteamApps\common\x3 terran conflict

If it asks - Allow it to copy over/replace the text file. If it doesn't ask, your ok and good to go :)

Extra note:

If XRM is updated with extra ships I will also need to update this in order to have the New XRM ships load.
This MOD is based on XRM v1.22b (05.06.12) tships and I will only need to update that one file, and maybe 1 or 2 others,
so there shouldn't be too long a delay for updating.

Cancelled

Have fun folks.

Argonaught.

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP

I lurk alot for the most part now
Thumb up

Last edited by Argonaught. on Thu, 14. Jun 12, 21:02; edited 5 times in total
StarCrack

PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

so if i'v added ships to xrm tships what all do i need to change?

Argonaught.

PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

StarCrack wrote:
so if i'v added ships to xrm tships what all do i need to change?

I replaced 5 placeholders that were in the middle of the XRM tships so all you really need do is copy those 5 entries across and place them into your personal Tships at the same placeholders spots or you could add your ships to the same spots in the Tships in this mod.

You'll need to make sure that they all keep their respective numbers in the Tships file as getting the numbers wrong will cause ships to have the wrong models in game and unusable.

HTH

Argo.

Thumb up
paulwheeler

PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Can you please put a note in BIG LETTERS that people MUST not update the XRM until this has been updated to be compatible with the latest verison?

Otherwise I am going to get no end of people with problems related to them having outdated TShips.

It is essential that they have an correct TShips for the current XRM version before starting a new game or running the latest patch script.

NEW - Dedicated XRM Forum!
zhukov032186

PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nice try, Paul, but we both know you're going to get a wave of complaints anyway )))

On an aside... I've encountered my first problem now.

This is starting new game, btw.

Updated to 1.22b XRM. (I have double checked, redownloaded already to make sure this is correct). Overwrote the old "part 2" cat/dat, copied all scripts etc, blah blah.

Installed the Menagerie shipyard (additional cat/dat at the end of my string, overwrote all scripts etc, blah blah).

I am getting no Tempest, and no Menagerie ships. I'm about to revert to my previous 1.22a install, cause it worked fine, but figured I'd post here in case I messed up somehow.

At a glance... I should be fine. I'm not sure where the issue is. As mentioned, I've already double checked myself, and installation for both mods is fairly straightforward. (shrugs)

I'll tinker some more, if I find out where the problem is.

Argonaught.

PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

paulwheeler wrote:
Can you please put a note in BIG LETTERS that people MUST not update the XRM until this has been updated to be compatible with the latest verison?

Otherwise I am going to get no end of people with problems related to them having outdated TShips.

It is essential that they have an correct TShips for the current XRM version before starting a new game or running the latest patch script.

Done in extremely big letters...knew i forgot something Smile

Argo.

Thumb up
Argonaught.

PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

zhukov032186 wrote:
Nice try, Paul, but we both know you're going to get a wave of complaints anyway )))

On an aside... I've encountered my first problem now.

This is starting new game, btw.

Updated to 1.22b XRM. (I have double checked, redownloaded already to make sure this is correct). Overwrote the old "part 2" cat/dat, copied all scripts etc, blah blah.

Installed the Menagerie shipyard (additional cat/dat at the end of my string, overwrote all scripts etc, blah blah).

I am getting no Tempest, and no Menagerie ships. I'm about to revert to my previous 1.22a install, cause it worked fine, but figured I'd post here in case I messed up somehow.

At a glance... I should be fine. I'm not sure where the issue is. As mentioned, I've already double checked myself, and installation for both mods is fairly straightforward. (shrugs)

I'll tinker some more, if I find out where the problem is.

It should work, everything was placed and the cat/dat renamed into the addon folder right?

Argo.

Thumb up
zhukov032186

PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yep. I'm about to reinstall everything, get back to where I was twenty minutes ago, and try again, but I'm pretty sure I'm installing properly...

greypanther

PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thank you for this and all your hard work Argo. Smile

However I am going to have to wait a bit to try it out, as my GPU appears to misbehaving and will have to be sent back to EVGA. Sad

paulwheeler

PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Argo - have you considered hull packs...?

You will need four versions of this, one for each hull pack and it will need to be installed above the hull pack.

NEW - Dedicated XRM Forum!
zhukov032186

modified
PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

*facepalm*

The hull pack. Is that something that needs to be updated from 1.22a to 1.22b???!!! THAT I did NOT do Very Happy

EDIT:

I deleted the Menagerie cat/dat. Reinstalled 1.22b and hull packs. Problem solved. I have the Tempest again, everything functioning normally.

Yeah, MS needs a slight tweak before she's fully operational Smile I would be happy to use it once made compatible though. My brother is a huge Mass Effect fan, and I was intending to surprise him with the Normandy ))

Last edited by zhukov032186 on Sun, 10. Jun 12, 22:28; edited 1 time in total
Aegyen

modified
PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I hate to do this to you... Crying or Very sad

Your Tships is missing entry 693, which Paul has named the Tempest. I think that is Cadius' Daedalus, just renamed? Anyway, you are 1 short from his Tships.

Another problem you are going to run into, is with his Hull Packs. Basically they are each a copy with modded hull values. So, you'll have to maintain 3 of your own, with instructions to people on how to install them. Or, 4 different versions of your mod, for them to download. (probably the easiest, and most headache reducing... Razz )

Ooops, we all hit you at once... Laughing

Last edited by Aegyen on Sun, 10. Jun 12, 22:24; edited 1 time in total
Argonaught.

PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I need to check to see whats there. I didn't touch the Tempest.

I'll remove the link till I see whats up.

Argo.

Thumb up
Argonaught.

PostPosted: Sun, 10. Jun 12, 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Link removed for a while due to reports of bad tships

Thumb up
Manifold

PostPosted: Thu, 14. Jun 12, 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Howdy Argo, I have a couple of questions about the proper installation of your mod. Let's get this out of the way first; I am running X3AP, with the bonus pack installed and no other mods so far (giving heavy consideration to the Crunch Complex cleaner though).

Now for the questions: Do I need to install anything else to get your mod to run, ie the XRM mod? Is there anything other than extracting the files into the proper folders that I need to do?

I installed your mod (it appears in the Steam\Steamapps...\X3TC\addon folder as expected at least) about a week ago. I have over 150 satellites deployed but have yet to see this puppy show up anywhere. Is there a way to tell if the mod is working and I just have not been able to catch up with it?

I really hope that that I can get this rascal to pop in for me. I have 750 million set aside to go shopping!