AP launcher wont start

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

flopsies

AP launcher wont start

Post by flopsies » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 02:04

I know this is the wrong forum, but technical support wont let me start a topic. I played AP for a while, then quit, then came back an hour later, but now the game wont even start! I go to both steam and the exe, but nothing happens! It pops up in processes, but disappears after a minute. know anyway to fix it?

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 02:57

Try having Steam verify the integrity of the game.. see if that works..

flopsies

Post by flopsies » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 03:39

i did that, and reinstalled the game, but still nothing. I'm updating my drivers now, would that work?

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 04:38

You should always have the most up to date drivers on your system.. that's the first rule of troubleshooting. :wink:

It would be very hard to pinpoint the exact cause of your issue without knowing your exact system setup, and OS setup. The list of things that 'can' be wrong is longer than my arm.

I just tried to start a new topic myself in tech support, and I had no trouble. You should try again, and be sure to read the stickys at the top, so you are posting within that forum's guidelines, and so that you are giving them the information they need to try and help you.

Might not hurt to search through all the threads and see if anyone has had a similar problem, you might very well find the answer there.

Sorry I can't help more, just didn't want to leave you hanging. Tech Support, of course, is not my thing...

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 09:41

You cant post in tech support if you havent registered your game. The OP hasnt.

Like tech support, no one is going to be able to help unless you post a DXdiag. Put it inside Code tags.

Have you tried shutting down you your computer, then cold starting it ? In theory, that should allow the game to restart if its just something gone wrong that is temporary. If not, then something is corrupted.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 10:42

apricotslice wrote:You cant post in tech support if you havent registered your game. The OP hasnt.

Like tech support, no one is going to be able to help unless you post a DXdiag. Put it inside Code tags.
Correct.

@flopsies
Please register your game in your forum profile. If you have done so, send a PM to one of the moderators, so your topic can be unlocked and moved to the Technical Support forum.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”