[SCR] Commercial Agent [2010-04-28 X3TC 3.3.03]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 11:40

All of Lucike's scripts are available on his web site:

CAG (a.k.a. Trade Representative) (Lucke's site via Google Translate)
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sun, 3. Jun 12, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

ezza84
x3tc

Post by ezza84 » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 13:32

thanks for the link. Have now downloaded the EST, and still get odd behaviour as my ships remain in idle of long periods of times when they target certain systems as destinations, i.e Neptune. Have been trying to read and understand Luckie's guide for the new EST, but bit hard to decipher.

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 13:37

You might want to also look up his [Tips] thread while you are there. He has a 'switch' built into the command libraries, that will allow all his scripts to use a 'terran jump' feature.

Just like vanilla, his scripts will play by the rules, but this allows them to set that aside.

ezza84
x3tc

Post by ezza84 » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 16:23

Thanks for the advice Aegyen. I have searched his forum for a few hours now, and frankly the google translate is very poor; making understanding anything there very difficult. So sadly was not able to find this Terran Jump function. In fact getting back into X3 is proving to be a massive headache. Something as simple as trying to get my TS to use his jumpdrive and bypass banned sectors is proving to be impossible now. And even without that problem they just spend 99% of their time in idle or standby mode even when my factory is full of Terran MRE and Protein Paste. Now I have also noticed that the pilots decide to cower and hide in a station ( i.e hide away in Neptune) when they hear about an enemy attack occuring in ANOTHER sector ( i.e Asteroid Belt ). This is just unplayable now and i might aswell just wait for Rebirth to be released and hope this whole silly process of setting up TS is made far less complicated.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 17:03

If you want to read about EST, then you should look on the EST - Economy and Supply Trader thread.

In case Saetan, Lucike, and I have not been clear, you go to Lucike's site to download files. Documentation and support (in English) are on this forum. Lucike even posts links to the English support topics in case you get lost.

Regarding the jump features, you don't need a forum post. Just look in your t file for Pilot Union. t\8013-L044.pck for English. You will have to unpack the .pck with something like WinZip, 7zip, or the X3 Editor 2.

@Aegyen: You keep posting that "advice" without a link... it is more confusing than helpful. I know what you are talking about and even I have a hard time finding the post with the instructions. :) (I think the post that I read was by Saetan rather than Lucike).
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sun, 3. Jun 12, 18:53, edited 2 times in total.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 18:35

DrBullwinkle wrote:@Aegyen: You keep posting that "advice" without a link... it is more confusing than helpful. I know what you are talking about and even I cannot find the post with the instructions. :) (I think the post that I read was by Saetan rather than Lucike).
Do you mean this one: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 08#3877208 ... haven't been to "descriptive" in it too. ;-)

edit:
Aye, I've found my more descriptive posting two postings after my first link: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 22#3878622 ;-)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 18:46

Saetan wrote:Aye, I've found my more descriptive posting two postings after my first link: Pilot Union Jump Features (Saetan)
Perhaps not the post that I recall, but it has the information, thanks!

For the record, the post that Aegyen refers to is on Lucike's forum (in German). For English-readers, it is:

Pilot Union Secret Settings (Lucike's forum via Google Translate)

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 19:16

DrBullwinkle wrote: @Aegyen: You keep posting that "advice" without a link... it is more confusing than helpful. I know what you are talking about and even I have a hard time finding the post with the instructions. :)
Yes, yes... Hold their hand, and lead them right to the water... :roll: I sometimes forget these things... old age, and all. :P

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 19:28

Aegyen wrote:lead them right to the water...
Consider yourself lucky that you can read German. That does make it easier to use Lucike's scripts.

For some of us, the post to which you refer is obscure and better-hidden than the "secret" settings in the t file. :)

ezza84
x3tc

Post by ezza84 » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 20:04

Saetan,DrBullwinkle & Aegyen; thank you all for your assistance in this matter. I have made the necessary changes to the 8013-L044.pck

<t id="10">YES</t> <!-- Jump in the sector center -->
<t id="11">YES</t> <!-- Jump to Terran -->

Hope the above is correct now.

Anyway my apologies for this, but could I get a clarification on the below comment I noticed from the link Saetan posted to the EST thread.

"After selecting "add ware", select a station. A list of that station's products and resources is displayed, and can be selected for trading."

with my EST when I go into the ware list it shows me every single commodity available in the game....not just the products/Intermediates/resources for my complex. I wanted a system whereby a single EST will sell Products / Intermediates or buy resources as and when required. At the moment it acts more like an MK3 Sector / Local trader rather than a TS focusing on just my factory. Not sure if this is by design, or if I set it up wrong. Once again, my thanks for all the help; I will be moving further questions relating to actual functions of EST to the thread you linked Saetan.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 20:09

PLEASE POST IN THE CORRECT THREAD!!!
  • (You are making a confusing mess out of the CAG thread.)
(EST's will use the Mk3 software if it is installed; or you can change the settings if you want more control. The docs *and* the support are on the EST thread.)

ezza84
x3tc

Post by ezza84 » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 20:31

....ok. You have seriously misled me here DrBullwinkle. My first post was about a problem downloading original Luckie CAG ( Bonus content CAG not working properly) and problems with links not working. You posted linking stating Luckies scripts can be downloaded there. I went there and the closest thing I could see that might have been CAG was something labeled Economy and Supply Trader; here I was thinking it was maybe an updated CAG. Now after reading thread that you linked to EST I am under the impression this is in no way CAG ,and somehow I am the one leading this thread off topic? ok. Well thanks for all who helped anyway.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 20:39

Yes, that is exactly right.

This thread is about CAG.

The EST thread is about EST.

It sounds as though you got confused by the Google Translation of Lucike's web site. CAG is called "Representatives" there (or "Trade Representatives").

So just decide which topic you want to discuss, then choose the appropriate thread. Then everyone will be happy. :)

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 20:54

ezza84 wrote:....ok. You have seriously misled me here DrBullwinkle. My first post was about a problem downloading original Luckie CAG ( Bonus content CAG not working properly) and problems with links not working. You posted linking stating Luckies scripts can be downloaded there. I went there and the closest thing I could see that might have been CAG was something labeled Economy and Supply Trader; here I was thinking it was maybe an updated CAG. Now after reading thread that you linked to EST I am under the impression this is in no way CAG ,and somehow I am the one leading this thread off topic? ok. Well thanks for all who helped anyway.
Hi ezza84. just in case you missed DrBullwinkle's first reply to your request I have copied it back for you to re read. I've added some highlighting just in case you miss the entire point of the post again..
Drbullwinkle wrote: All of Lucike's scripts are available on his web site:

CAG (a.k.a. Trade Representative) (Lucke's site via Google Translate)
Drbullwinkle not only gave you a link to the site he even told you what the CAG scripts were called on that site, so please can you explain how you conclude he mislead you?
Still life in the old dog yet...

amcrabil
x3ap

CAG Station Pricing

Post by amcrabil » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 09:20

Sorry if this has been addressed, I couldnt find it. The Cag administrative option labeled pricing. How does that work? Does it automatically choose what price to use that attracts independent traders? Also, if so, how do I know what theyre selling goods at. Also Ive read the script description several times and it says theres a 4th option after station pricing that lets be set a min/max range. i dont have that option or cant find it. Id be interested in seeing how station pricing works exactly, I have it set but my factory still isnt selling anything...

Edit: Merged with CAG thread, as per [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]. X2-Illuminatus

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 20:46

I believe the pricing option sets your station/complex pricing to a fluid state. So when you have lots of a certain stock the price drops like an npc station, conversely when you have little stock the price will be higher.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Aegyen
x4

Re: CAG Station Pricing

Post by Aegyen » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 21:32

amcrabil wrote: The CAG administrative option labeled pricing.
You can disable/enable that option there, and in the next section of the menu, where it has the wares listed, and a price; you click on one of the wares, and it will bring up a menu asking you to input a min price, followed by a menu asking you for the max price.

Like Vayde said, this floats depending on the qty of ware. You can let it float between min/max, or any min/max prices you like, so long as it's within the range of the wares min/max value.

Conbadicus

Need help with CAG

Post by Conbadicus » Wed, 4. Jul 12, 16:03

So, I have a complex and It has a Solar M, 2 Wheat M, 2 Rhimes M, Beef M, and Cahoona M.

The beef supplies the cahoonas and the wheat supplies the rhimes. The energy supplies everything. However, the solar factory produces way more cells than I need to run these so I have an overflow of cells. Now, I installed the Commercial agent, set a hauler to home base my complex, and started him on commercial agent, however all he does is standby, why isn't he selling my surplus of Intermediate Wares ( in this case, energy cells)

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Wed, 4. Jul 12, 16:07

Also, my cahoonas are full and he doesn't seem to want to sell those either.

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Wed, 4. Jul 12, 17:21

Commercial agent needs to train first. On his basic level he can only buy resources for your complex. After gaining next level he will be able to sell products. Later he will learn how to use jumpdrive.
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
---Mark Twain---

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”