[AP][Script] Stock Exchange hotkeys 1.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Charon_A

[AP][Script] Stock Exchange hotkeys 1.1

Post by Charon_A » Mon, 21. May 12, 11:59

Stock Exchange hotkeys.
Script adds hotkeys for opening Stock Exchange. Written for AP.

This is my first simple script.
Once too often I wished that checking Stock Exchange indices was simpler, without so much repeating menu navigation hassle.
Well, the problem is no more :)

What this script does
3 hotkeys are added to call corresponding Stock Exchange menus:
  • StockExchange: Corporate
    StockExchange: Local
    StockExchange: Owned Shares
Corporate - opens Corporation and Company indices
Local - opens Local Stock Exchanges menu
Owned Shares - opens detailed summary of owned shares

To assign hotkeys open Options\Controls\Interface menu and scroll to the bottom.

xdownloads.co.uk:
[ external image ] Zip

Onedrive (mirror):
[ external image ]

mediafire (mirror): Link

Installation: extract the Zip file into the "Albion Prelude" folder. \X3 Albion Prelude\addon\

Uninstall: If you ever want to get rid of the hotkeys in the options menu - run the script "unregister.st.ex.hotkey.xml".

Resources used: none

IMPORTANT:
If you have version 1.0 installed, to get new features of 1.1 you will need to unregister hotkeys from version 1.0 by running "unregister.st.ex.hotkey.xml" via script editor.
If you start a new game new keys will be installed automatically.

Changelog:
v1.1
Added check for unlocked stock exchanges, now new players will not be able to trade company shares until they unlock at least one stock exchange.
Added check to prevent opening multiple instances of stock exchange menus.
v1.0
Original Release

P.S. Thanks goes to Whimsy for his excellent Exscriptor tool used for creating the script.
Thanks to MarCon for StockExchange, Egosoft and all modders out there - without your inspiring scripts and code examples this would be impossible :P

Edit [1st Dec 2015]: replaced outdated x1tp with working xdownloads link. X2-Illuminatus

Edit [5th January 2017]: Added mediafire and onedrive mirrors. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by Charon_A on Fri, 25. May 12, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
---Mark Twain---

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Wed, 23. May 12, 20:32

I was going to ask about hotkeys for this and then found you'd posted in Submissions to Community Library...if i hadn't seen the post there i wouldn't have known it existed.

Very handy indeed, thanks for creating it :)

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 23. May 12, 20:33

Now a big question whether somebody will run into the same hotkey problem I ran into my script where it overrides some hotkeys :)

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Wed, 23. May 12, 20:37

kurush wrote:Now a big question whether somebody will run into the same hotkey problem I ran into my script where it overrides some hotkeys :)
When i get my system sorted i'll let you know if it overwrites anything I had already setup.

I had to wipe and reload windows due to a very bad windows update that fudged up my user profile...bloody microsoft :S

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Thu, 24. May 12, 07:21

Do post any problems you notice!
In my setup I had about 20+ custom hotkeys defined prior to adding StockExchange ones - no problems noted so far.
---Mark Twain---

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Thu, 24. May 12, 20:48

Had to start a new game. forgot to copy my current game before wiping disk :(

Anyway, hotkeys work with no mess up that i could see.
One thing i did note is that with the hotkey for Corporations & Companies I can open the menu and buy and sell shares without the need for access by the races to the local markets.

A tad cheaty but can't see anyway you could alter that really, I'll suspend using the hotkey until I get access from races.

All good :)

Argo.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Fri, 25. May 12, 16:56

Thanks for spotting this, Argo!
I made a new version to stop you from cheating in your new game 8)
  • - Added check for unlocked stock exchanges, now new players will not be able to trade company shares until they unlock at least one stock exchange.
    - Added check to prevent opening multiple instances of stock exchange menus.
You will need to unregister hotkeys from v1.0. I added new launcher scripts so new hotkeys are pointing to them instead of the st.ex scripts directly.
---Mark Twain---

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sat, 26. May 12, 04:35

Ah, very fast fix there lol.

Well my game isn't advance too much as we have a heatwave atm and I can barely sit at my computer for more than viewing the forums.

I'll be starting over when I can play again without melting me or my system.

I miss the freezing weather.

Argo.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

modisch

Post by modisch » Sun, 31. Mar 13, 05:17

Thanks for this! It will dramatically improve my harvesting of the stock markets.

rfxcasey
x3ap

Post by rfxcasey » Sun, 22. Feb 15, 15:08

I can't get this to work and need help. I have the Steam version of TC and AP but I don't think that should matter. I have unpacked all the .xml files into my
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon\scripts folder and run the game but I don't have any additional options in the options/controls/interface menu.

I've run the game and now the 'run' part of the file names is gone so it think AP processed the files but as stated have no additional menu options. I would be awesome to have this working. If someone can help me please I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I tried the unregister xml file, not that I had 1.0 installed previously but I was trying whatever to get it to work. How do you run an xml files as the OP stated. I didn't know you exactly could run those in a traditional sense?

Not that it matters probably but I have the Bonus pack installed for AP and TC. Both of those have given me additional control/interface options at the bottom of the list but nothing for stock exchange script is there.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 22. Feb 15, 17:55

rfxcasey wrote:Not that it matters probably but I have the Bonus pack installed for AP and TC.
If you have the BP installed, then you probably haven't activated the Script Editor yet. The game however needs to be set to *modified* to be able to load unsigned scripts (i.e. all files which are not part of the vanilla game or the bonus pack). To activate the Script Editor, follow the instructions in this FAQ article. Afterwards save and reload your game, and check whether the new hotkeys are there now.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

rfxcasey
x3ap

Post by rfxcasey » Sun, 22. Feb 15, 18:49

Wow, thanks I think that worked. I had enabled the script editor before but I guess I didn't save and reload correctly. I don't know what went wrong but I had uninstalled the stock exchange scripts this time before enabling the script editor. Then I did like you said, enabled it and save/reload. Then I recopied over the stock exchange scripts and now its working so maybe having the scripts copied over first, then enabling the script editor broke something somehow. Anyways, I see the hotkey options for the exchange now. I'm going to try it out and I'll post back if I have any more problems. Thanks again. :P

Skywars124

Can't find Stock Exchange Hotkey (AP) anywhere?

Post by Skywars124 » Fri, 22. Apr 16, 01:57

I hate to make a thread out of this question, but I've been stumped for a while. I can't seem to find the files for the Stock Exchange Hotkey script anywhere on the internet. The official thread (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=323106) links me to a dead end after I click the Download button.

Does anyone have a new link for it?

Thanks!

Skywars124

Post by Skywars124 » Fri, 22. Apr 16, 06:34

Never mind, I found it in the OneDrive mirror!

http://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php?optio ... Itemid=245[/url]

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 22. Apr 16, 09:51

*merged with original script thread, as per S&M posting rules*
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Don_Zardeone
x3

Post by Don_Zardeone » Tue, 3. Jan 17, 03:31

Can't find the download.

The link leads to an error but on the sidebar they say to search. I search and find something that looks like it but not version 1.1.

I checked the onedrive mirror but can't find it there either.

Anyone know?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 5. Jan 17, 15:50

I uploaded the file on my mediafire.com account here.

As for the xdownloads links: The main link only works, if you're logged in into xdownloads.co.uk. Some downloads have this problem, but I don't know what the exact reasons are for this. The Onedrive mirror works fine for me. It should open the xdownloads -> Scripts -> X3AP section on Onedrive, and you should be asked for saving place for the download directly. If that doesn't happen, you should at least be able to search for the file manually and click on it to start the download.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”