[scr] Tc/ap Mors Mk1 V1.1 - 05/15/2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Tiek
x3tc

[scr] Tc/ap Mors Mk1 V1.1 - 05/15/2012

Post by Tiek » Mon, 14. May 12, 03:35

Hi guys,

a small script mod to facilitate the operations of boarding.

The Terracorp has developed a new device, the MORS (Matrix Override and Reset System), which with the help of AI Nano-Bots allows the disabling of shields and lasers on the targeted ship.

The vessel carrying the MORS device, when it is at a distance of less than 3 km from the ship targeted by the Player, can launch the task of boarding with nano-bots.
These, once on board and after a lapse of time variable, will override the electronic matrix of the target, downloading shields and weapons up to a random value (between 0 and 5% of the shields and between 0 and 10% of the lasers); the operation is repeated at intervals over time if not canceled, until the eventual achievement of ship (obviously to do with the normal procedures by marines).
The probability of success is greatly reduced if on the target there is a Firewall (and the precious nano-bots are lost in the event of failure :wink: ).

The text file is: 7005 (English, Italian and a fake patch for German)

The ship additional cmd used is: 1242

The EMP Wares: 12633 - MORS Device MK1 / 12563 - AH-Nano Bots Package

INSTALLATION

Extract the files in their directories: \t and \scripts for TC or \addon\t and \addon\scripts for AP

The setup file configures the cmd and adds the wares at the Terracorp Headquarters in Home of Light.
If you have installed the ware manager from Cycrow, the wares are maintained at the initial value.
At each game start, however, occurs the restocking.

UNINSTALL

Use the included uninstall file to remove the wares from Terracorp Headquarters, save, then exit game and delete the mod files.

DOWNLOAD:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Good boarding, Pirates!

Edit [1st Dec 2015]: replaced outdated x1tp with working xdownloads link. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by Tiek on Tue, 15. May 12, 00:53, edited 4 times in total.

Tiek
x3tc

Post by Tiek » Mon, 14. May 12, 03:36

Change log:

Ver. 1.1

Introduced a further check for the activation of the MORS device; now the shields of targeted ship must not be higher than 50%;

introduced a maximum time of effectiveness for the override (5 minutes);

introduced a random probability for each discharge loop so thanks to eventual presence on board of targeted ship of a Firewall or Marines with min hacking skill of 20 (min Marines required 5) it can regain control of the ship and stop the overriding task.
Last edited by Tiek on Tue, 15. May 12, 01:18, edited 2 times in total.

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Mon, 14. May 12, 10:25

Sound cheaty.
Maybe instead of dropping sheilds and lasers make them just stop target's shelid charge?
Prolly make them not nano and use a drone to maintain the procedure. That as well makes it possible for AI to actualy stop the thing.
Or maybe it could be a missle that does 0 (or almost 0) dmg and startsthe script on enemies hit. Maybe that should be how Disruptor works after all.

Cheers
Haste-whip TrixX!

Tiek
x3tc

Post by Tiek » Mon, 14. May 12, 15:37

Interesting ideas, but would change the logic of the device; what can I do to try to make it less cheaty is:

introduce a further check for the activation of the device as the necessity that the shields of the target are at least 50% for the penetration of bots;

introduce a maximum time of effectiveness for the override (maybe 5 minutes) after which the task stops automatically;

introduce a random probability for each discharge loop so the eventual firewall on the target, regains control by interrupting the task;

introduce another random probability so the presence on board of marines with high hacking training may act by interrupting the task.

Just some ideas to try, as soon as possible (real life permitting :) ).

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Mon, 14. May 12, 18:39

Tiek wrote:
introduce a further check for the activation of the device as the necessity that the shields of the target are at least 50% for the penetration of bots;

introduce a maximum time of effectiveness for the override (maybe 5 minutes) after which the task stops automatically;

introduce a random probability for each discharge loop so the eventual firewall on the target, regains control by interrupting the task;
Totally agree. Those are really nice ideas.

Do it. Now. :P

And - great job, keep up the good work.
Last edited by LordGaara on Wed, 13. Jun 12, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

Tiek
x3tc

Post by Tiek » Tue, 15. May 12, 01:00

LordGaara wrote:
Totally agree. Those are really nice ideas.

Do it. Now. :P

And - great job, keep it up the good work.
Done! :D

Many thanks!!

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Tue, 15. May 12, 07:40

boarding still need space walking if from ship without boarding pods?

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Tue, 15. May 12, 09:18

kelmenwong, use IB and feel free to use boarding transporter.
Tiek, i'm not that much into X-scripting but as far as i get it - you use a script that launches at come point and loops some sort of "sheild dmg" command. Correct me if i am wrong.
I'd say that an interresting twist could be done through having a "charge time" for the device instead of minimum sheilding. For example you have to be at a distance of less then 1 km of the target and maintain that distance for 1 mizura (same as vanilla "scaning" process). If that is mixed with some fast TP's it could make a whole new piracy sector of economics - fly fast to a ship, start the action - board - ??? - PROFITSSS! 8)
By the way i belive it is possible to make a tackling drone or missle. Well in fact i'm not sure if missl is possible but with a drone it could be something like:
1. get sheild recharge rate
2. set drone dps = sheild recharge rate
3. launch the drone

Or, maybe, just drones with ions that deal 0 hull dmg. Winder why noone introduced these yet :?
Haste-whip TrixX!

Tiek
x3tc

Post by Tiek » Tue, 15. May 12, 16:28

@ kelmenwong:

I have not touched the method of boarding, the Marines are always needed.
The choice is between: space walking, boarding pod or boarding transporter from Cycrow:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219597

@ TouchMyNipple:

The script, when conditions permit the start, activates a loop (with maximum waiting time of 30000 ms); with each cycle the shields are set to a random value between 0 and 5%, then, in effect, it is a shields damage command.

Regarding the recharge rate, I do not think it's a parameter you can change; it should be hardcoded and based on the data set in the files \types\TShields and \types\TShips (Capacity, Power drain, Power generator, Shield type and number of Shields installed from which it derives the recharge time).

If there is a way......I do not know :)

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 22:50

Download page shows:

Error
You are not authorised to view this resource.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 22:52

Onedrive Backup link:

[ external image ]

Edit: added to opening post, too.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”