X Plugin Manager and SPK Tools for Mac v. 1.21 and AP Bonus Pack How-To (5/4/2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

svenje
x2

Post by svenje » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 12:44

if you rightclick on the folder Contents >> Resources >> data is that data folder also all read and write ?

If you know what I mean.

I saw that only giving the X3:AP aplication the full rights it didn't change for all the folders.

CTHun

Post by CTHun » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 13:17

YES! It worked! Thanks a lot for your help! :)

svenje
x2

Post by svenje » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 15:02

glad to hear :)

icEPiraka
x3tc

Post by icEPiraka » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 10:40

Aright guys. I apologize for my great hiatus, I've been rather busy as of late. But now, because of updates to wine, I believe all problems with the Plugin Manager's windows have been solved. Expect imminent release.

Also, I realize my instructions for installing the Bonus Pack are incredibly complex, and therefore incredibly stupid. All you need to do is perform a right click on the Bonus Pack .exe, select Open With, and use the Plugin Manager to open the installer.

Edit: Update Complete.

v. 1.2 (4/23/2012)
Updated Wrapper and Wine versions. All glitches with regards to .NET and windows should be eliminated.
Mod Merger app now available.

glennbroce
x3tc

Post by glennbroce » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 13:12

Ice and all, thanks for all work.

Is there now an updated instruction set to install the bonus pack?

I want to install the bonus pack, but with the earlier versions and revisions of the various programs involved, I'm confused and hesitant to start. I'm fairly new to the Mac. Thanks!

icEPiraka
x3tc

Post by icEPiraka » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 19:50

glennbroce wrote:Ice and all, thanks for all work.

Is there now an updated instruction set to install the bonus pack?

I want to install the bonus pack, but with the earlier versions and revisions of the various programs involved, I'm confused and hesitant to start. I'm fairly new to the Mac. Thanks!
No worries. All relevant info is on the front page, which should be all up to date. In short, just right click (or control click) the .exe and select "Open With" > "Other" from the dropdown and manually select the Plugin Manager. You may have to mess around with file permissions first (see front page).

Basically, all the revisions I have done have nothing to do with being physically able to open .exe files: they only pertain to being able to run the Plugin Manager itself. If all people were doing was just running the .exes, then they could have done that from the start without great difficulty.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Apr 12, 15:39

just a quick update.
recently i've been doing programming on macs, so eventually i will be able to create a native mac client for the plugin manager

it'll be awhile before i will be able to get this done however

icEPiraka
x3tc

Post by icEPiraka » Fri, 4. May 12, 20:40

Looking forward to it.

In the meantime though, another little update.

v. 1.21 (5/4/2012)
Added Advanced Plugin Manager app.

This update may come in handy if you find yourself wanting to manage a lot of false patches. I feel I may be using it a lot.

ddr666
x3ap

It works

Post by ddr666 » Sun, 6. May 12, 22:20

Followed your instructions, had some trouble, until I realized I was trying to install on my backup drive, didn't notice the "C" drive instead of the "Z" have used only macs since 1988. Great work, instructions are very clear, my reading is not so much so. System Mac OS 10.6.8 french, with the deliver2mac app. Question dose the plugin manager work for all kinds of X-verse addons. I mostly a newbe, but I've seen some of the interesting stuff on the form, looking forward to long nights of gameplay. Thank you for all your hard work.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 06:00

Can anyone confirm whether or not this shows your game as "modified?"

I mean, theoretically it shouldn't. But being on a mac, does it?

icEPiraka
x3tc

Post by icEPiraka » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 18:20

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'theoretically', but if you install a mod or script with this, I'm pretty sure it sets your game as modified. From my experience, when it comes to the game's data files, scripts, and behavior when such files are modded, the windows version is practically identical to the Mac version.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Wed, 18. Jul 12, 02:06

icEPiraka wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'theoretically', but if you install a mod or script with this, I'm pretty sure it sets your game as modified. From my experience, when it comes to the game's data files, scripts, and behavior when such files are modded, the windows version is practically identical to the Mac version.
Theoretically, as in because I'm only installing the bonus pack, it shouldn't show as modified. But since we aren't simply installing the bonus pack but doing all this weird stuff, will our game show modified?

icEPiraka
x3tc

Post by icEPiraka » Wed, 18. Jul 12, 02:44

Ah, thanks for that clarification. With regards to only the bonus pack, I'm fairly certain it will not mark the game as modified. Like I said, it seems the game files behave the same on both Mac and PC.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Wed, 18. Jul 12, 04:53

icEPiraka wrote:Ah, thanks for that clarification. With regards to only the bonus pack, I'm fairly certain it will not mark the game as modified. Like I said, it seems the game files behave the same on both Mac and PC.
That's what I'm hoping for. Thanks!

Deleted User

Jorkin ships problem

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 15:24

I'm playing X3AP-Mac and trying to edit ships from: http://letreferit.narod2.ru/ in xsp format (using Package Creator), which are editable in every respect except for the Turrets tab where the Main Cockpit box reads: No Scene File Loaded!! (ships\props\cameradummy:0) and is greyed out.

Is there a fix for this, or are these ships unusable?

:?

icEPiraka
x3tc

Re: Jorkin ships problem

Post by icEPiraka » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 20:52

hubris wrote:I'm playing X3AP-Mac and trying to edit ships from: http://letreferit.narod2.ru/ in xsp format (using Package Creator), which are editable in every respect except for the Turrets tab where the Main Cockpit box reads: No Scene File Loaded!! (ships\props\cameradummy:0) and is greyed out.

Is there a fix for this, or are these ships unusable?

:?
I'll be honest, I have not really used the Package Creator or XSP editor at all, so your question might be better spent on someone who has experience in using these tools and in modding in general. This doesn't appear to be a Wine problem, so I don't think I can fix your issue. You might try asking in Cycrow's X Plugin Manager topic, since my Plugin Manager tools are simply ports of his original work.

Doug50891

Mountain Lion

Post by Doug50891 » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 19:38

Hey,

I'm trying to run this on my new laptop, but I keep getting a "can't connect to server" type error followed by a very creepy gray full screen. Is the app not compatible with mountain lion or something? I've also tried manually installing cycrow's cheat package like I used to in X3:TC (dropping the scripts and T's into their respective folders) but this isn't working either. I'd really like to get X3:AP up and running any help would be great.

Thanks,
Doug

icEPiraka
x3tc

Re: Mountain Lion

Post by icEPiraka » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 20:49

Doug50891 wrote:Hey,

I'm trying to run this on my new laptop, but I keep getting a "can't connect to server" type error followed by a very creepy gray full screen. Is the app not compatible with mountain lion or something? I've also tried manually installing cycrow's cheat package like I used to in X3:TC (dropping the scripts and T's into their respective folders) but this isn't working either. I'd really like to get X3:AP up and running any help would be great.

Thanks,
Doug
It's likely that the Wineskin version I was using was dated. I've updated the wine wrapper for the app and have re-uploaded it, so hopefully it's up to par with Mountain Lion. I'd appreciate it if you could test it to see if it works (because I have not updated to Mountain Lion myself, and do not want to commit to an update just yet).

With regards to manual installation of scripts, AP works differently than TC. You don't put the new scripts directly into the Scripts and T folders. Instead, if I recall correctly, there is an addons folder with its own set of Scripts and T folders (unless you have not installed any mods/scripts, in which case it might be empty). You should install new mods/scripts in there.

Doug50891

Mountain Lion

Post by Doug50891 » Wed, 8. Aug 12, 22:31

That certainly did the trick. Thanks for the quick response!

-Doug

Lemant

Post by Lemant » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 05:29

Hello icEPiraka. I'm a Mac user (who happens to be clueless on just about all matters related to coding/software side of things) attempting to run "X3 Editor 2" on my Mac desktop machine via free trial version of CrossOver. To successfully run X3 Editor 2, however, I've been told that I will need something called a "wrapper" and that you are the person to ask.

If you have already created such item for Mac users, please kindly direct me to the link. Thank you.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”