So without SETA how do you not get utterly fed up building a trading empire?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

porkchop76
x3tc

Post by porkchop76 » Thu, 3. May 12, 10:47

I could not agree more.

Notchi
x3tc

Post by Notchi » Thu, 3. May 12, 14:34

I've on the other hand used both SETA and steam browser ( or sometimes switching to windows) to pass my time. My usual start of the game involves getting a TS and shuttling ore... which can take a while. SETA is not necessary if ES manages to provide:
1. Same time difference - meaning that if the time needed to get to a location in X3 series so far was 2 minutes with SETA, it should take the same time now without SETA.
2. Better (even different one will do ) UI - provides something to do while you are traveling.

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Sat, 5. May 12, 20:29

If we're talking about passing the time, how about minigames? GTA had them, and the Silent Hunter series (which had the equivalent of SETA) could've used a chess or poker minigame -you can actually see the crew playing cards in the WWII footage. Perhaps it's not too expensive to license one of those old chess engines from the 90s.

And how about the highways themselves? A few seconds close to the speed of light means that a longer time has passed elsewhere. Maybe SETA might be implemented after all.

Kofa
x3tc

Post by Kofa » Sun, 6. May 12, 00:57

I use SETA a lot. Whether it's when I go from A to B, or I want a small break from the game but would still like to earn some creds. I also use SETA to speed up jumping times. But really, it would take forever to build up your empire without SETA, and I have a hard time believing those who say they never use it.

For me, playing the game is not doing all the work by my self.
I find doing missions or just trading to be repetitive and boring after a while.
Thus I like to set up a trading empire, automate whatever I can automate and watch it all in SETA. When I build my empire I tend to switch to playing X3 as a strategy game, which I think is great fun.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”