[SCR] Numeric Race Rank Titles, Notoriety list with point values

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

hsung
x3tc

Post by hsung » Sat, 2. May 09, 03:49

Does this script include Yaki and Pirate ranks?

Cheers.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 13. May 09, 11:24

The rank numbers don't appear to correspond to the ingame values.

e.g

Code: Select all

<t id="107">\033G 8\033X Queen's Protectorate</t>
whereas

Code: Select all

104   $rep.Title = $currentRace -> get notoriety title to race Player: text=[FALSE]
Returns 7 (i.e. they run from -5 to 10, not -4 to 11).

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 13. May 09, 11:49

LOL I was asking the same thing in my spoiler thread. Carlo's above post confirms it; changing now! :)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 13. May 09, 12:11

Carlo the Curious wrote:The rank numbers don't appear to correspond to the ingame values.
Probably true because the script is much older than the ability to query the race ranks from a script. =)

I won't change "my" numbers, though.
0 for neutral and negative for hostile is quite obvious and therefore more useful than some intermediate number.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 13. May 09, 12:27

Gazz wrote:0 for neutral and negative for hostile is quite obvious and therefore more useful than some intermediate number.
Probably true - I just noticed while I was doing something else and thought I'd mention it :).

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 13. May 09, 18:13

Gazz, or anyone who's interested, I made an spk for this, but changing a few things:

1) the numbers are at the end and coloured depending on level; thot it made for better reading. eg
Argon Enemy of the Federation [-5]
Argon Federation Member [1]
Argon Protector of the Federation [9]
Argon Hero of the Federation [10]

2) the numbers now range -5 to 0 to 10.

SPK link

Gazz, on ur say-so tho I'll remove it.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 13:11

Hi Gazz, I noticed something broken with the ranks, specifically for Strong Arms. The rank shows "0" as the name. The other ranks are fine. At first I thought it was something I did, but I put ur version back and the rank displays reverted to ur version but Strong Arms still showed as "0".

I currently have 3 corp ranks, Terracorp, FF and Strong Arms, which I picked up last. Previously Terracorp and FF showed up fine, but with the addition of SA, the rank for it is showing "0". All the race ranks plus FF and Terracorp all show up fine.

Any idea what's wrong?

BTW ur FF rank shows a Commander to Colonel rank while the vanilla game goes from 2LT to General. Intentional?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 17:15

arcana75 wrote:Hi Gazz, I noticed something broken with the ranks, specifically for Strong Arms. The rank shows "0" as the name. The other ranks are fine. At first I thought it was something I did, but I put ur version back and the rank displays reverted to ur version but Strong Arms still showed as "0".
So the whole line for rank title consists of nothing but "0"?

BTW ur FF rank shows a Commander to Colonel rank while the vanilla game goes from 2LT to General. Intentional?
ES switched some ranks around in one of the previous patches.
Why? noone knows.

It's just text so whether you are 17 - Commander or 17 - Protector of the Blue Bunnies doesn't matter at all.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 17:23

It shows this:

0 - 60%
Terracorp - Hired Protection [x]- 10%
Final Fury - Captain [x]- 10%

I forget what the numbers are. When I uninstalled the script, I get the same thing without the numbers. I have the unofficial player fix by draffutt and I noticed his 0001-L044.pck section on mission ranks is identical to 08.cat/dat's text. I tried replacing the rank lines from 08 into the t file meaning it's the vanilla values but now in the 7090 t file and it still showed the above values without numbers. I also tried just deleting the entire mission rank page tag, meaning it was using draffutt's values and it still showed the above values without the numbers.

I've also asked in draffutt's thread, but using the X3 editor, I see that the mission rank info in 08.cat/dat and draffutt's patch are identical.

I mentioned the rank title change because ur script changes the Captain rank to 1 higher; this created some confusion for me cuz the Egosoft FAQ lists the FF entry requirement as rank "Captain" but urs made my rank show Lieutenant, so I actually went around telling ppl that I could do the FF missions at Lieutenant instead of Captain :shock:

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 17:55

arcana75 wrote:I forget what the numbers are. When I uninstalled the script, I get the same thing without the numbers.
Strong Arms ranks work for me.

Try scrolling down the list in the script editor and manually run (r)setup.gz.numeric.ranks

If that fixes it, some script/mod is forcibly overwriting these text entries with bad/empty data... after Numeric Race Ranks does it's thing.

I updated the switcherood FF ranks but I see no technical issue with my script.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 13:10

I went to (r) the setup script and it still stayed as "0" for Strong Arms. In fact I alt-tabbed, made a small edit to the t file, went back to (r) the setup script and the minor edit was reflected (I changed Captain to Idiot and made it red text), but Strong Arms still remained as "0"!

I also tried removing every mod and script I had installed, reloaded the game and the "0" remained for Strong Arms...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 17:04

I have no clue why it wouldn't work for you.
When I edit the SA titles, the changes are reflected in game.
It works and it doesn't depend on anything else. It alters the texts. That's it.

The typical things to suggest now would be to re-download / reinstall the script, reboot windows, sacrifice a chicken, and defrag. (in that order)

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 17:13

Yeah I haven't a clue. I can edit the other corp ranks (terracorp, FF) and it reflects the changes, but for Strong Arms it just keeps showing the strange thing.

lostsoulzeffigy
x4

Post by lostsoulzeffigy » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 23:49

is there any possible way to get this script to work w/o causing it to mark the game as 'modified'?

Just curious, am wanting to play through X3TC as vanilla and use the uplink feature...

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 03:42

lostsoulzeffigy wrote:is there any possible way to get this script to work w/o causing it to mark the game as 'modified'?
The OP has directions for doing so if you read down far enough.

Blancho

Post by Blancho » Mon, 28. Dec 09, 15:21

OMG
It is possible to add Yaki Rep and Pirate ?

CreepyD
x4

Post by CreepyD » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 14:46

Is it this script that adds "Titles 0/30" at the top of the stats page above the ranks?
Also it says -4/0/11 next to that, but I have no idea what it means.
I've wanted to know for some time and assumed it was to do with this script.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 5. May 12, 10:48

Would it be possible to have an AP-compatible version ?

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sat, 5. May 12, 13:51

copy and rename the t file 0003 and put it in the t folder in the addon folder
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 5. May 12, 14:25

In fact, the problem was that I was playing with the french version. Switched to english, problem solved, sorry.
By the way, this script adds some interesting features : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... ic&start=0

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”