[MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard v1.2 (16 May 2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Argonaught.
x4

[MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard v1.2 (16 May 2012)

Post by Argonaught. » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 10:48

<-- Menagerie Shipyard version 1.2 for X3AP -->

Description:
This creates a Menagerie Shipyard filled with rare ships, and items, unavailable through normal race shipyards.
It will jump randomly around the X universe.
The Shipyards jump timer is set on a 1-2hr cycle.
When it arrives in a new sector it's timer will start counting down to a random time between the 1-2hr cycle.
It's position in Sector will be 25km in Y direction, if the sector has stuff near or in that area the station will be positioned in a safe area close to the co-ords.
It's big anyway so you'll see it.

Ships in Stock and Upgrades

[ external image ]

Note: in sectors that already have EQ Docks the upgrades above will not show but in other sectors you'll have those upgrades available.

Finding the Station

If you want to find the station it'll cost money in the form of Advanced Satellites.
When the station arrives at a sector that one of your Adv Sats are in you will recieve a message letting you know where it is.

Extras

The station is very old and on the rare occasion you may find some bits that have fallen off when it jumps away from a sector.

Bits you may find are Engine tuning, Rudder optimisation and Repair Laser
Chances of drops per sector are 50%.
Any drops you do find will only be 1x per crate - didn't want to make it too cheaty.

TLDR:

New for AP
Easier to find - kinda
And bits dropping off of it sometimes - very useful bits

Installation:

Place the director & t folders into: Steam\SteamApps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon

[ external image ]

Zip file contains:
addon/director
addon/t
and a readme text file.

NOTE:
Now using SS_T site to host files. many thanks to SS_T for providing the service :)

Many Thanks to all for helping me to understand MD code usage :)

Have fun,

Argo.

Edit: replaced old x1tp with new xdownloads link. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by Argonaught. on Wed, 16. May 12, 21:48, edited 5 times in total.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 12:28

I can see many AP players being happy about this one. Great job Argonaught...
Still life in the old dog yet...

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 12:42

:D
Great work, now I will play AP! :D

Questions though. :roll:

1) Is it compatable do you think with XRM and the Phanon Corporation?
2) Will it spawn in any sector at all, or is there a limited selection?
3) I take it will not be compatable with TC, so can you add the extras to the TC version, please? ( Such as weapons and a little easier to find? )
4) I presume the OWPs can use the jumpdrive?
5) Is there going to be a problem with the different ware sizes, between your version ( vannila ) and XRM; namelt the size of the jumpdrive.

Whatever the answer, I will download this tonight and have a play if I have time! Thanks. :D
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 20:52

Vayde wrote:I can see many AP players being happy about this one. Great job Argonaught...
Thanks, much appreciated :)

greypanther wrote::D
Great work, now I will play AP! :D

Questions though. :roll:

1) Is it compatable do you think with XRM and the Phanon Corporation?
2) Will it spawn in any sector at all, or is there a limited selection?
3) I take it will not be compatable with TC, so can you add the extras to the TC version, please? ( Such as weapons and a little easier to find? )
4) I presume the OWPs can use the jumpdrive?
5) Is there going to be a problem with the different ware sizes, between your version ( vannila ) and XRM; namelt the size of the jumpdrive.

Whatever the answer, I will download this tonight and have a play if I have time! Thanks. :D
To answer:

1 - It's 100% compatable with Phanon, I used generic friendly race so player can buy the ships.

Looks good for XRM too, so shouldn't be any problems.

2 - It'll spawn anywhere within a 10 sector radius of wherever the player is when it's created and recreated.

3 - I'll have a look at the TC one and add what i can from the AP one.

4 - Yea last thing I checked was can OWP's use the jumpdrive and they do, they just can't fly around on there own, a normal tractor beam should do it though :)

5 - The guys in XRM said it looks ok and the wares should hopefully be ok.

extra note:

I would have liked to have changed the prices for some of the cheaper ships to better portray their rarity but to do that i'd have to alter Tships, which is easy job, but then it'd become in/uncompatable with many of the mods that add extra ships to the game.

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 21:41

Thanks for all that Argo. :)

I already asked paul from the XRM team about you using the vannila Khaak ships, ( which is the Corvette I want! ) he says the vannila Khaak are all still there, so there should be no probs there then. :)

I will probably ask in the XRM thread, but I will try it and see too I think, with regards the ware size.

Don't worry about the ship price, the main reason I want your shipyard is for the role playing opportunities, ( and the Khaak corvette! ) I will cheat out the money where the price is not enough; I have self control! :D

I will download in a mo, but doubt I will have time now to play tonight, but will get back asap to tell you how I found it!

Thanks again Argo. :)

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 22:22

Ha, just found it!

And some good and some bad news:

Good: prices are adjusted according to XRM standards (Hive Queen ~312M)
Baaaad: No Khaak Frigate (M7) for sale. :(

Can you please do something about it Argo?

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Wed, 18. Apr 12, 01:28

Khaak M7 must be part of XRM, or whichever mod your using, because it's not part of vanilla which is the ship list I used for this.

I haven't looked into doing any Mod versions that use modified TShips and custom ships as I don't know how it would be taken by the guys that made the Mod tbh.

Argo.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

alkeiser
x4

Post by alkeiser » Wed, 18. Apr 12, 04:07

yay! :D

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Wed, 18. Apr 12, 08:17

Oh well, I guess I will have to wait and hope one bails on me (3-4% chance). Because I am flying this Rakshasa baby no matter what!
By the way, is Guardian a defensive turret structure? Havent seen one yet, but it has 0 speed.

Cheers

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Wed, 18. Apr 12, 08:46

Yea, Guardian is a Khaak M1 OWP, in TC in the main khaak sector there were a few of those around some stations you had to kill.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Wed, 18. Apr 12, 08:54

Oh yeah, I remember now. It was a long time ago.
So they are worth buying then, I mean at least better than a Lasertower (4 GKE's+missiles). And a whole lot better looking for sure.
Thanks, Argo.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Thu, 3. May 12, 23:20

At bloody last! I have found it in my AP+XRM game! :D

Oh sadness, its not the vanilla corvette model, its the XRM model, this is not good; I do so like the vanilla Khaak corvette. XRM prices too. :cry:

Any chance you can insert the vanilla model into the shipyard whilst I am using XRM Argo? please.... :roll:

*edit* I may have to return to vanilla just for the vanilla model.....

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Thu, 3. May 12, 23:58

greypanther wrote:At bloody last! I have found it in my AP+XRM game! :D

Oh sadness, its not the vanilla corvette model, its the XRM model, this is not good; I do so like the vanilla Khaak corvette. XRM prices too. :cry:

Any chance you can insert the vanilla model into the shipyard whilst I am using XRM Argo? please.... :roll:

*edit* I may have to return to vanilla just for the vanilla model.....
Unfortunately if i were to do that then this would become incompatable with Mods like XRM or any others that add ships.

It's mainly because any ship i added as extra would mess up the Tfiles that XRM use. There's also the mess that would come with trying to change ship model files.

If you really want the ship then you could look at the tutorials to see how best to change your game to the way you want it.

HTH

Argo.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 4. May 12, 00:04

Thanks anyway.
I will think on it. :)

I guess I just cannot get away from the fact that I will have to find the time, somehow, to become a modder myself. Oh dear. :|

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 4. May 12, 03:16

As this is for AP...

Any chance of adding the AP Gunner and the Albion Pride ?

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sun, 13. May 12, 16:55

I have yet to reinstal this since I reinsalled the whole of AP + XRM, before I do reinstal it I have a question.

As you use the freindly race for the Menagerie shipyard, will that clash with Pauls Privateer ports, that are within XRM?

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sun, 13. May 12, 21:26

TTD wrote:As this is for AP...

Any chance of adding the AP Gunner and the Albion Pride ?
Never though of adding the Gunner, will add it in, will also add in the pride and the Aamon as I'm playing XRM and the plot for that was disabled.
greypanther wrote:I have yet to reinstal this since I reinsalled the whole of AP + XRM, before I do reinstal it I have a question.

As you use the freindly race for the Menagerie shipyard, will that clash with Pauls Privateer ports, that are within XRM?
Seems to work, I'm using this and XRM with no problems that i could see since the race is just a generic friendly one.

In a little while I'll update it again with those ships above.

Argo.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sun, 13. May 12, 21:31

Thank you Argo. :)

I will reinstall when you update, no rush. :)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 13. May 12, 21:42

Cheers.
Just waiting...no rush.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sun, 13. May 12, 22:52

Have to work on it abit more, there's a problem in removing the old shipyard for some reason.

Also have to go eat too, will work on it and hopefully should have it sorted later on.

probably something silly i missed somewhere :S

Argo.
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”