[LIBRARY] ECS: Extended Communication System 2.5 [2009-12-10]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 17:37

You did read the opening post?
Serial Kicked wrote: --------------
Important Note: This is a library aimed to be used by other scripters. If you are an user there's no point in downloading this.
--------------
You install this like any other script: Put the script-files in the "scripts"- and the t-files in the "t"-folder.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Chesh1234

Post by Chesh1234 » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 17:57

Hi everyone. Download link is dead, as if anarkifederation site itself. Are there some other source i can find it?

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Mon, 30. Apr 12, 04:38

Chesh1234 wrote:Hi everyone. Download link is dead, as if anarkifederation site itself. Are there some other source i can find it?
Same here. Download link is dead.

MBRR and others will crash without this.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 30. Apr 12, 05:21

Osiris454 wrote:
Chesh1234 wrote:Hi everyone. Download link is dead, as if anarkifederation site itself. Are there some other source i can find it?

You dont need this for MBRR. This is from the OP (first line)
Important Note: This is a library aimed to be used by other scripters. If you are an user there's no point in downloading this.
Im not sure why ThisisHarsh included that in his OP.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Mon, 30. Apr 12, 05:25

joelR wrote:
Osiris454 wrote:

I know, but it's stated as a required library for MBRR, plus I cannot open the config menu for it. The game just locks up. If I really don't need it when why does it lock up when I try to open the config menu?

EDIT: Ninja'd.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 30. Apr 12, 05:26

Osiris454 wrote:
joelR wrote:
Osiris454 wrote:

I know, but it's stated as a required library for MBRR, plus I cannot open the config menu for it. The game just locks up. If I really don't need it when why does it lock up when I try to open the config menu?

If it locks up its not this.

Did you install JSON parser library (1.2)?

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Mon, 30. Apr 12, 05:27

joelR wrote:
Osiris454 wrote:
joelR wrote:
Osiris454 wrote:

If it locks up its not this.

Did you install JSON parser library (1.2)?
You are my hero. I have JSON parser library 1.1 installed. I download the latest and try again. :D

EDIT: It works! Thanks again. Maybe a mod should edit the MBRR post and remove that entry since you can't download this library anyway. It would prevent headaches in the future.

Chesh1234

Post by Chesh1234 » Mon, 30. Apr 12, 17:44

Confirm it, MMRR works fine without this. Thanks a lot.

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Mon, 30. Apr 12, 22:17

Small hijack.. :skull:

Serial Kicked, where are you?.. :lol: I know you are off to other things, but man!... You were always one of the great scripters, and you have left these toys to rot.. :cry:

At least take some time, and update them to the last fixes you were making?... Please?.. :roll:

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Tue, 1. May 12, 07:44

Serial Kicked is no longer an active member of the Egosof forum so there is a 99.97% chance that he will never read this post. However as far as I know he is working on a game called Grand Rouge Auto so there is a good chance that he will never update his scripts again.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Joshua the Bear
x4

Post by Joshua the Bear » Sun, 13. May 12, 18:33

This is a bump. I justify it by stating that the link to the ECS is down.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 13. May 12, 23:15

Why did you need this? If its for MBRR then you dont need this in spite of what it says on the OP for MBRR. If you are a scripter and need it then maybe someone could set up a new link.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 01:17

seriously? no one uploaded? i can host, but i no longer have the file.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 04:23

Looked through my stash of stuff, don't have a copy of ECS, sorry.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 05:57

I ran into this issue [of ECS links being dead] when I was getting my most recent install up...If I recall, I got it through yaki armada, which includes the relevant scripts/hotkeys. If you just want ECS, install yaki armada and just never activate the AL plugin.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 06:12

Guys, you don't need ECS.

It was a mistake that it was listed as a requirement for MBRR.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 06:45

Osiris454 wrote:Guys, you don't need ECS.

It was a mistake that it was listed as a requirement for MBRR.
I've never used MBRR without having a seperate install of ECS, so you could be right. However, MBRR definitely uses the ECS hotkey to enable loyalty coms (expense claims/equipment access, etc), so ECS certainly adds to it. Whether or not all the libraries are already included in MBRR, I don't know.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 22:29

still, if someone can find it pm me and I'll host it.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

kyoo
x4

Post by kyoo » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 13:47

Don't know if it's still needed for anything or not but I found a copy on my HD. Untested by me.
http://www.mediafire.com/?k82zr6z2fd6asb4

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 14:25

Thank you, but the zip-archive seems to be damaged. At least I was unable to extract it.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”