[MOD][TC] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v0.33/R13 - Sa-02-Jul-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 01:23

Status Update
Work on AWRM v0.34 is going a little slower than expected, but I am aiming for a Su-08-Apr-2012 release.

I am also planning an AP update for EES (part of the reason for the slower progress).

WRT the TBLC/FBC/PALC beam weapons, I am planning to update them for AP only to bring them in-line with the updated PBC in AP. This will mean the big honking beam weapons are expected to be ALOT more powerful than before.

I am also considering an optional mini-mod for TCockpits/TShips which will give all AP M1/M2 class vessels support for the relevant big-honking beam weapons (ala Xtra Ship Pack).

Also, due to the war in AP... Spirit Industries are likely to have their Headquarters moved away from the front-lines - currently favouring The Moon.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 18:25

Status Update
Changes for the forthcoming AWRM v0.34 have now been set and will be as follows:-
  1. Changes only apply for AP
  2. No update for EES - does not appear to be required in AP based on initial play testing.
  3. Tri-beam/Fusion Beam/PALC get their damage doubled to bring them in line with the AP PBC
  4. Rebalance of Vanguard Earth and Vanguard Aldrin (more powerful but less collatoral damage) - Vanguard Aldrin becomes a double yield Vanguard Earth (both swarm - 48GJ/24GJ total yield and 5.0km/2.5km safe distance respectivly)
  5. Spirit Industries moved to "The Moon"
  6. Increased equipment inventory of Spirit Industries to include most (if not all) vanilla ship upgrades
  7. Added Energy Cells, Laser Towers, Recon Drones, and Jump Beacons to the inventory for Spirit Industries HQ
  8. Optional TShips/TCockpits add-on to give beam weapons to M1/M2 (F/L/R Turrets) and some M7 (Cockpit only)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 01:36

For the Albion Prelude version see here.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 15. Apr 12, 21:36

is there some special way need to uninstall this mod or do I just disable it in plugin manager?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 08:26

Sturmer wrote:is there some special way need to uninstall this mod or do I just disable it in plugin manager?
If using the SPK depoyment format it should be just a case of disabling it. If using ZIP then the simple answer is a clean install (personally I always apply mods to a copy of the Vanilla game directory in order to avoid having to reinstall).

BTW do remember that disabling most mods that add stuff to (or change stuff in) the universe will require you to revert to a pre-mod installed game save.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 11:53

Thanks for the answer! Right now I'm really glad I waited with uninstalling because in my case there is no pre-mod savegame, I started this mod with a fresh start.

It's a fantastic mod, but it has one weakness: the weapons have grown more powerful, but the shields and hull stayed the same. AND enemies are a LOT more prone to using these new, more powerful missiles than they ever were.

Made patrol missions in an M3 a concert of cursing as while what was once a 4 course meal flying for me, was now a death sentence what with immediately being bombarded with Enhanced Wildfires. Same with Khaak... always passed the last mission of Final Fury easily, now got killed regularly because the Guardians had a fetish for torpedoes.

But that's just my moaning, great job on the mod and keep it up!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 22:19

Sturmer wrote:It's a fantastic mod, but it has one weakness: the weapons have grown more powerful, but the shields and hull stayed the same. AND enemies are a LOT more prone to using these new, more powerful missiles than they ever were.
Thanks for the feedback :)

This mod is primarily a weapon only mod, but for shield boost there are the CPLS and PMTS scripts included. As for avoiding missile spams of certain missiles, the answer can be found by using EES and editing the configuration so that AI spawned using OBS/Jobs will not spawn with the offending missiles.

The balance of the TC version of this mod is considered pretty much stable now with EES being strongly recommended if not required in TC.

My AP version is going to be receiving the bulk of my attention now. Although I still have my Changeling tool to work on (personal modding/programming project time has been rather low).

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Wed, 18. Apr 12, 12:15

Actually, it was my intention to also get EES, but this part made me think twice.
Currently, EES requires other mods/scripts to be altered to be EES compatable
I'm not a scripter, so had to decide against it.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 03:20

Sturmer wrote:Actually, it was my intention to also get EES, but this part made me think twice.
Currently, EES requires other mods/scripts to be altered to be EES compatable
I'm not a scripter, so had to decide against it.
That comment is a little misleading and probably slightly out of context.

EES is compatable with most mods in so much as it should not break anything. The compatable comment is refering to the fact that EES will only take affect on ships spawned using OBS (MD mission equipment spawning method) or Jobs (normal AI patrols/traders).

Scripts/Mods that spawn ships using the core engine commands need to be modified to benefit from EES. Otherwise they will behave as if EES was not installed anyway. This has particular impact on mods/scripts like RRF which may still spawn ships with weapons/missiles you don't want them spawning with.

ScarsSword
x3tc

Post by ScarsSword » Mon, 14. May 12, 21:56

uhh... so i installed the Xtea ship/station mod along with AWRM and EES following the instructions and on a clean install v3.2. Though i wonder why all new weapons and missliles are shown as Readtext. Also i get like 200 messages from EES with every gameload or even new game telling me there are no specifictions for laserxx or missilexx

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 15. May 12, 07:42

ScarsSword wrote:uhh... so i installed the Xtea ship/station mod along with AWRM and EES following the instructions and on a clean install v3.2. Though i wonder why all new weapons and missliles are shown as Readtext. Also i get like 200 messages from EES with every gameload or even new game telling me there are no specifictions for laserxx or missilexx
What language installation are you using? This sounds like a similar issue reported before by a non-english installation user, you will probably need to copy and rename all the nnnn.xml files to nnnn-Lxxx.xml files.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 15. May 12, 14:20

ScarsSword wrote:uhh... so i installed the Xtea ship/station mod along with AWRM and EES following the instructions and on a clean install v3.2. Though i wonder why all new weapons and missliles are shown as Readtext. Also i get like 200 messages from EES with every gameload or even new game telling me there are no specifictions for laserxx or missilexx
Did you install the EMP (Extended Mod Pack by Cycrow) for TC? These errors usually happens when it's not installed. You can find it here.

http://www.x1tp.com/root/index.php?opti ... 54&cid=804

Rename the cat and dat files into the next number of what you have in your root TC folder and put them there.

ScarsSword
x3tc

Post by ScarsSword » Tue, 15. May 12, 15:44

I installed all the emp files and the dat/cat of it as fake patch but it didnt fix the problem, and yes i am using german game version.
As i understood the nnnn.xml files are supposed to be in the t folder? Can you give me a concrete explanation on how to rename them? I guess i cant just rename the Lxxx part to any number?

Sorry, im sort of a noob when it comes to altering mods manually :D

Edit: I just figured out how to renname them myself, lets see if it will work^^

ScarsSword
x3tc

Post by ScarsSword » Tue, 15. May 12, 19:10

Renaming the Tfiles didnt change anything. I made another clean install in english this time and swapped the original Tbullets, Tlasers and Tmissiles files with tose of awrm within the cat files using X3 editor 2, though i dont know if this step was necessary. After starting a new game everything seemd to work as it should, ive been greeted with the presence of a Split Taipan and Ocelot and in their description all compatible weapons and missiles were listed properly. So i guess that means these mods only work with the english version.
I hope there will be a translated version sometime i nthe future, till then i guess i will stick to playing the game in english :roll:

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 16. May 12, 08:19

Sturmer wrote:
Did you install the EMP (Extended Mod Pack by Cycrow) for TC? These errors usually happens when it's not installed. You can find it here.
EMP is not a requirement - I have NEVER installed EMP.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 16. May 12, 08:45

ScarsSword wrote:I hope there will be a translated version sometime i nthe future, till then i guess i will stick to playing the game in english :roll:
To language files should work as-is in all language installations. I am led to believe that the lack of the Lxxx extension should enforce the loading of the provided translations regardless of the language used. Some of the t\nnnn.xml files are actually language neutral as-is thus should not require a copy of the file for each language.

Renaming the relevant t\nnnn.xml files to t\nnnn-Lxxx.xml (where xxx is the relevant language code used by X) should have worked. If it did not, then it was most likely down to how you renamed the files (Windows Vista/7 is a pain in the rear - you have to be careful how you do such things).

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 12:20

Hi, first of all thanks for this mod.

I'm using this along with the x-tra ship pack (ships only version) and I've found a problem in the ship IDs for the latest AP versions.

Acynonix and Pteranodon ships are absent (at least) in the Tships.pck. So the reward M2 schematic for the AP plot (the Pteranodon) now builds a Lofn :(

While even the X-tra ship pack was affected by this exact bug as well, there is a recent patch made to fix it. LINK to relevant post in X-tra ship pack thread

But installing this mod over the fixed X-tra pack brings back the bug.

I've also tried to fix the issue myself but it seems like I definitely lack the knowledge to do it. Can you kindly take a look in the matter?
Ricarica et impera!

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 09:08

Ok... he seems not to be active on this forum...

Anyone able to fix it or able to tell me what should I do? Edit the tship file is not enough.
Ricarica et impera!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 20:37

Sorry about the delay in responding, you will need to be more specific with the details but the most common mistake is to try to use the mod manager to install the mod... this has been problematic in the past due to the mod manager not always putting files in the right place.

You need to ensure you do a manual install as per the instructions in the OP.

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Fri, 29. Dec 17, 18:31

No worries on the delay Roger.

Anyway I've manually installed the mods, I've patched the x-tra pack with the files linked above and there where no bugs. Once I've installed this mod the Tship.pck included somehow has priority over the fixed Tship.txt and the Pteranodon (id 403 on the newest AP patch) is swapped with a Lofn (which is id 406 on the patched tship.txt). And the Acynonyx prototype (another reward from the updated vanilla X3AP questlines) simply doesn't exist.

Check it yourself. My clumsy edit on your tship file alone lead to a CDT on savegames loading.
Ricarica et impera!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”