(MOD - MISSIONS) TSOG AP - Terran only missions for AP (V1.0 - Released, 10/4/2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TEKing66
xr

(MOD - MISSIONS) TSOG AP - Terran only missions for AP (V1.0 - Released, 10/4/2012)

Post by TEKing66 » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 06:19

Did you start playing X3AP as a Terran?
Only to find out that the plot missions are not available to anyone playing a Terran.
Would you like to do something besides fight a war on the Terrans side?
If you answered 'yes' to those questions then this mod may be for you.

This mod will add ten missions for those playing a Terran in Albion Prelude.
Through these missions you, the player, can gain the following;
Spoiler
Show
The Aamon Prototype, The Unfocused Jumpdrive, and the Player Headquarters just to name a few items.
The goal of this mod is to allow players who chose to start as a Terran a chance to gain some of the items previously unavailable to them. Think of this as a Terran based plot for X3AP.

Nothing new is added other than the missions. But, since these are supposed to be 'Super Secret Spy' type missions the rewards are better than fair.

Please note that if you are playing anything except one of the Terran starts you will not be offered these missions. This missions mod is Terran only.

To install save the ZIP file to your harddrive, then extract it to your X3TC folder. The archive contains the 'addon' folder which contains the 'director' & 't' folders with the required files.

Downloads Links:

Version 1.0
TSOG-AP ZIP

Questions, comments, carzy ideas (maybe), will be answered, considered, accepted and/or rejected as usual. :D
Last edited by TEKing66 on Fri, 7. Dec 12, 16:56, edited 11 times in total.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 06:19

reserved
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 21:27

If anyone is interested, I've updated the OP as to where this project is at.

Working on debug which is for the most part done. So, it could be possible this is the final run before release.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 04:20

Those are Plots or simple missions? AP is really laking in the Plot department, if not for the improvements i just go back to TC for all the plots and corporate missions.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 05:58

Yes, this mod will be missions that will be offered to the player.
This set of missions will be for the Terran player only though.
It is just to allow those starting X3AP, as a Terran, a way to gain some of the items they previously were unable to obtain. At least that is the main goal.

Eriodas, what you mentioned about AP lacking in the missions/plot area.
I have an idea, floating around at the moment, that would be a seperate mod, but would be for all players. This 'idea' is to create a mod were the missions are totally (or near totally) random. And, as long as a mission is not running, you would be offered a new one each hour. Essentially a never ending plot if you will. Possibly some of the missions in this mod could end up in it.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 18:28

To all that are interested, this mod has been released.
See the OP for a download link.

I have played the missions through several time, but it is still possible there may be a bug. If anyone finds one, please post in this thread what happened and your thoughts as to why (maybe).

Thanks again to all who helped.

And thanks to all who download and try my little mod.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 00:28

Sorry people, but I noticed a problem with the SPK which contained a .cat/.dat pair. For some reason the missions WILL NOT start when packed in a CAT/DAT pair.

The ZIP version I have placed extracts the MD file and the Text file to the proper folders if extracted to the X3TC folder. i.e. - the Zip file contains the Addon folder and the required subfolders.

Once I figure out what is going one with the CAT/DAT files I wil make them available again.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 06:55

MD files in CAT/DAT's need to be added to the mdflies.txt file in the director folder for the game to read them.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 07:20

@dillpickle,

Thanks for jogging my memory there, now I remember dealing with that for my original TSOG missions for X3TC.

Seems that Ketraar had mentioned that non-Egosoft MD code was really better off just placing the files in the 'director' folder verses putting them in a cat/dat. Mainly due to the fact that you don't need to update the mdfiles.txt, which another mod may replace, and could cause the files to not load correctly at a later time. Or something alng those lines.

Maybe the ZIP archive is a better option, could still create an SPK to better interface with Pugin Manager.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Wed, 2. May 12, 05:55

slight problem encountered with 1 of the mission
Spoiler
Show
the mission to capture a m3 and it's pilot
when the target bailed, need to follow the exact sequence: cap the pilot, cap the ship, send both to Saturn station

I tried cap the ship 1st, then pilot, send both to station
mission never get completed, still stay at cap the ship.
i have proper save, so i can load from prev save to get this fix.

also
Spoiler
Show
is capping the Orca hard? I tried few times sent 30 marines through the m7 using missle pod, the marines never able to penetrate the hull

now i try training to improve their skills, still waiting for their training completion for another round of test

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 2. May 12, 06:11

kelmenwong,

On the mission you are talking about you need to
Spoiler
Show
capture the pilot with the ship you are flying, then capture the ship, send the ship to the Saturn Research station, and then transport the pilot there. Once the captured ship has landed there and you have landed there, the mission should complete.
On the 'also' part...
Spoiler
Show
depending on your rank, yes it could be hard. And yes better marines will yield better results.
If you still end up having trouble feel free to post for additional help.
Hop you enjoy! :D
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 2. May 12, 06:44

hey tried your mission :) well done.

would you consider a few tweaks to improve it ?

1. on destroy ships, you should be able to capture them as well.

most of the spawned pilots are "unknown pilots", will make sense to have players take a hit , (rewards are worth it and after all you are a terran :).
X gamer , one at a time.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 2. May 12, 07:42

cool beans, glad you enjoyed.

And suggestions are always welcome and taken to heart.

Edit:
As soon as I get some free time I'm going to look into making some changes, per the suggestions made by palm911. At the same time I hope to be able to add 4-6 new missions. And I believe this can be done so as to be save compatible. Meaning those who have already played the first 10 missions can pickup where they left off.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Wed, 14. Nov 12, 19:18

Will this work with Terran Starts added by XRM ..i.e Terran Tourist?

or just vanilla starts?

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 14. Nov 12, 23:39

It is designed for vanilla.

I would assume that the sector names (maybe coordinates as well) are different in XRM, so it probably wouldn't work. However, it probably could be made to work with it. If someone wanted to take it upon themselves. I however do not have XRM, and probably, at this point, will not install it. But, I don't mind someone taking this and adapting it to XRM.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”