[MOD][TC] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v0.33/R13 - Sa-02-Jul-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tls2000

Post by tls2000 » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 22:57

cant remember, but installed the mod now as admin and nothin changed (deleted all files before that)
except the readtext errors the mod seems to be alright.
is it possible to just rename the t-files to match the script or to rename text inside the script?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 04:47

tls2000 wrote:cant remember, but installed the mod now as admin and nothin changed (deleted all files before that)
except the readtext errors the mod seems to be alright.
is it possible to just rename the t-files to match the script or to rename text inside the script?
The t-files should work fine as-is.
  1. Do you get a pop-up message in-game when starting a new game?
  2. What language game are you running?
  3. Do you have any News/Intro entries in your in-game Encyclopedia?
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

tls2000

Post by tls2000 » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 13:41

1. yes, getting 3 readtext errors as popups: 17-250000, 17-250100 and 17-250200

2. its german id 49 (could it work, if i change the language id inside the t-files of 2500-2503 from 44 to 49?)

3. yes, but only readtext errors again (no1 in the newslog regarding the pop-ups)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 22:20

tls2000 wrote:2. its german id 49 (could it work, if i change the language id inside the t-files of 2500-2503 from 44 to 49?)
May be worth a try... I thought that the Lxxxx.xml files were language independent (so should work on any language system). Suffice to say, if this works then fine.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

tls2000

Post by tls2000 » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 11:01

it worked, all readtext errors gone (regarding ur mod :P )
now gonna fix some other stuff...

by the way, rly nice mod!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 20:46

tls2000 wrote:it worked, all readtext errors gone (regarding ur mod :P )
now gonna fix some other stuff...

by the way, rly nice mod!

tls2000

Post by tls2000 » Thu, 29. Mar 12, 23:56

hi again,

i have another problem regarding ur mod.
evrytime i engage into battle, the game crashes sayin "Application Error"

i turned the mod off, then started again, played an hour and fought some battles. no crashes.

theres no problem when i use the new weapons, but could it be, that the npc´s causin the crash when they use them?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 30. Mar 12, 01:29

tls2000 wrote:hi again,

i have another problem regarding ur mod.
evrytime i engage into battle, the game crashes sayin "Application Error"

i turned the mod off, then started again, played an hour and fought some battles. no crashes.

theres no problem when i use the new weapons, but could it be, that the npc´s causin the crash when they use them?
What other mods/scripts do you have installed (if any)?

tls2000

Post by tls2000 » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 00:57

lots :D
too many to count them, but always looked for compatibility.
i installed the game onto another pc with only the awrm mod to be 100% sure. and its still crashing.
is there a way to disable npc´s using ur mod?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 15:27

tls2000 wrote:lots :D
too many to count them, but always looked for compatibility.
i installed the game onto another pc with only the awrm mod to be 100% sure. and its still crashing.
is there a way to disable npc´s using ur mod?
In short EES, but if the game is crashing then there is a strong possiblity of a compatibility issue (normally the game only crashes if something is missing or corrupted).

tls2000

Post by tls2000 » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 23:23

now i started another game and after a couple of hours i installed the awrm... it works now :o no crashes anymore.
but how to purchase the cpls and pmts?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 02:58

tls2000 wrote:now i started another game and after a couple of hours i installed the awrm... it works now :o no crashes anymore.
but how to purchase the cpls and pmts?
Via the comms system when you are docked at either Spirit Industries or JCRA HQ in a ship without the relevant system already fitted. Just look for the relevant engineer.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 12:07

Hi!

Haven't tried this mod yet or read through 30 pages, so my apologies if I'm bringing up something that already exists or was already proposed, but came up with this idea during my own struggles with boarding live ships.

Anyway, what about creating a laser that does what Ion Disruptor was supposed to but failed? Meaning: not just taking down shield, but actually destroying equipment, starting with weapons, then destroying shields, then internal security measures, then disabling propulsion, etc.

ID was supposed to do that, but for some reason it doesn't... loaded an M3 with IDs only and buzzed around a Pirate for 3 minutes, frying him with constant 8-banks ID fire, but it did nothing but take down his shields and destroy a bit of hull.

On aside, as said haven't tried this script yet (does this script just add new weapons or does it also alter stats of existing ones?), but did the Terrans get better weapons in this mod?

Of all the Terran armament only their PSP is any good, while [in vanilla] they completely lack a fast-firing anti-fighter gun.

EDIT: installed the mod, but I've got a whole bunch of Readtexts instead of names for the new weapons (that ARE listed in the ships' descriptions). I have EMP installed because without it other mods wouldn't work for me.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 21:49

Sturmer wrote:Anyway, what about creating a laser that does what Ion Disruptor was supposed to but failed? Meaning: not just taking down shield, but actually destroying equipment, starting with weapons, then destroying shields, then internal security measures, then disabling propulsion, etc.

ID was supposed to do that, but for some reason it doesn't... loaded an M3 with IDs only and buzzed around a Pirate for 3 minutes, frying him with constant 8-banks ID fire, but it did nothing but take down his shields and destroy a bit of hull.
Destruction of equipment is a game engine feature, I do not believe it is feasible to alter how the engine destroys equipment when lasers hit. In any case, this mod is considered complete bar translations, any further balancing tweaks, and AP compatibility.
Sturmer wrote:On aside, as said haven't tried this script yet (does this script just add new weapons or does it also alter stats of existing ones?), but did the Terrans get better weapons in this mod?

Of all the Terran armament only their PSP is any good, while [in vanilla] they completely lack a fast-firing anti-fighter gun.
Try reading the post where the download links are, it gives a summary of what this mod adds/changes ;) ... but in brief new lasers are added - baseline balance is on the whole retained.
Sturmer wrote:EDIT: installed the mod, but I've got a whole bunch of Readtexts instead of names for the new weapons (that ARE listed in the ships' descriptions). I have EMP installed because without it other mods wouldn't work for me.
Sounds like a region issue, what language game have you installed?

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 22:18

Thanks for the reply!

my version is English.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 00:27

Sturmer wrote:Thanks for the reply!

my version is English.
Do you have any news/info entries under the in-game encyclopedia?

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 11:21

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Sturmer wrote:Thanks for the reply!

my version is English.
Do you have any news/info entries under the in-game encyclopedia?
Had only Readtexts there as well.

As it is I had to do a fresh install because of other problems I had with the game and I'm now only again reinstalling all the mods. I've already gotten one "save file corrupt" message, will see how it goes with this mod this time.

Thanks for help.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 14:00

Okay, reinstalled the game and all the scripts,AWRM is now working! :)

My saved progress/game, however, is a completely different matter. :(

tls2000

Post by tls2000 » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 00:37

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Via the comms system when you are docked at either Spirit Industries or JCRA HQ in a ship without the relevant system already fitted. Just look for the relevant engineer.
so, i docked with a corvette at spirit industries and opened comm link...
i can see the relevant engineers, but they all givin just help for direction, like "where is the next shipyard or equipment dock" or "surender!"

cant purchase any system, do i need any pre-equipment or are the systems only available for specific ships?

p.s cant dock with my frigate, is that another bug i have?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 04:28

tls2000 wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Via the comms system when you are docked at either Spirit Industries or JCRA HQ in a ship without the relevant system already fitted. Just look for the relevant engineer.
so, i docked with a corvette at spirit industries and opened comm link...
i can see the relevant engineers, but they all givin just help for direction, like "where is the next shipyard or equipment dock" or "surender!"

cant purchase any system, do i need any pre-equipment or are the systems only available for specific ships?

p.s cant dock with my frigate, is that another bug i have?
Sounds like your overall installation is weird. It should all work fine providing everything is installed correctly. There are additional requirements for CPLS/PMTS but these are covered in their respective legacy threads (along with the obvious follow on questions I anticipate).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”