[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 18:57

I have a feeling the teladi models may be the real thing with the dance matt game graphics and woman with manly jaw photshopped over the top lol
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 19:26

Thank god that was a prank. I couldnt get the image of paul dancing out of my head.

On the other hand I suspect Mizuchi could tear up the dance floor.

Mr. Roboto anyone??

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 20:25

What are you're favourite Hub gate aligns in XRM?
I manged to unlock first set of gates, I plan to use the HUb for fast travels among the commonwealth capital sectors.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Mizuchi

Post by Mizuchi » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 20:55

joelR wrote:On the other hand I suspect Mizuchi could tear up the dance floor.
Only with a lawn-mower.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 21:18

Mizuchi wrote:
joelR wrote:On the other hand I suspect Mizuchi could tear up the dance floor.
Only with a lawn-mower.
:thumb_up: :thumb_up: looks like we are on the same level of dancing "skills" :D

eggthief

Post by eggthief » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 00:01

Hello everyone, I recently decided to try some TC again, when I read theyjust couldn't stop updating the game (wish more developers supported their games like this), after a long time of not having played it. As I like to throw in a fed mods while playing singleplayer games, I figured I'd play a combination of XRM and IR seeing as they should be compatible and spice up the game quite a bit.

Anyway, I used the plugin manager to install IR over my clean install of TC 3.2 and then followed the manual installation instructions of this mod without the addons. However, the game crashes after a few minutes when playing it. Is there something I could have done wrong? Thanks in advance :)

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 00:20

Have you tried the Improved Races 2.0? it works very well and if you have the machine power you can also use the race wars option and get ridiculous amount of ships doing combat XD.

I found it to be the perfect addon to the war thing since they can now capture sectors (as it should be). The bad thing is that this version is still under development so it still need some options that the other one has.

eggthief

Post by eggthief » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 00:40

Yes I used 2.0 and I've played the game before with 1.0, which I quite enjoyed. That's why I'd like to know how I can make these two run together smoothly without any ctd's.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 00:44

eggthief wrote:Hello everyone, I recently decided to try some TC again, when I read theyjust couldn't stop updating the game (wish more developers supported their games like this), after a long time of not having played it. As I like to throw in a fed mods while playing singleplayer games, I figured I'd play a combination of XRM and IR seeing as they should be compatible and spice up the game quite a bit.

Anyway, I used the plugin manager to install IR over my clean install of TC 3.2 and then followed the manual installation instructions of this mod without the addons. However, the game crashes after a few minutes when playing it. Is there something I could have done wrong? Thanks in advance :)
Its always tough to determine the source of a crash with multiple scripts/mods involved. If a mod is at fault, then the crash is usually instant, so id be more inclined to think its a script. However, determining which script is difficult.

There is a conflict issue with the missile boat script included in xrm and Gazz's Missile Defence mk2. If youre running mdmk2, then a few posts above this I posted a fix which you can try.

Otherwise, try starting with a clean xrm install and then add each script one at a time till you find the culprit.

Alternatively, you could upgrade to AP. XRM:AP is far superior to the TC version, and ive not experienced a single crash so far.

eggthief

Post by eggthief » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 01:01

You mean that I should add the scripts of the downloaded script folder one at a time to find out which one is causing the crashes? Should I treat the XML and PCK files any differently from each other when attempting this?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 01:08

No, install entire packages one at a time. Install xrm and all its scripts first. Fire up a game and make sure its not crashing. Then add IR and see what happens. Then another script, if you're running any others. That way its easier to spot exactly what is causing the crash.

eggthief

Post by eggthief » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 02:30

Alright, I installed XTC again and applied just your mod to it and again it crashed. It actually seems to happen at certain moments.

One of my crashes was right when I docked and two of them (one being the crash I just had with just your mod) the moment a fight starts, about right after the initial beep you hear.

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 02:57

When i played i used (in this order):
Inmersive Environments 1.1
Inmersive environment X (for AP)
XRM part 1
XRM part 2
XRM Hull med
XRM Cockpit
XRM Docksize
Inmersive environment patch for XRM
Low Poly asteroids

That's just for the fake patches, also used some files that need the Plugin manager:
AP Libraries
JSON parser Library
Marine Repairs
NPC Bailing Addon
Salvage Claim software
Terran marines
Terran MOB
Unknown terran pirate base
Comunity plugin configuration

And also manually installed the Improved races 2.0 and the Stealing Logi RC 1.1 (plot for the terrans on AP).

All that and not a single crash on AP. Can't say for TC though.

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 06:07

Phanon Corp 1.21 modified for use with X3AP + XRM
This modification is not supported by Litcube, if you have any questions PM me, don't ask in the thread please.

=======================================

I wasn't happy with how Phanon was performing in XRM, so I spent 3 or 4 days getting them up to scratch, ended up fixing a few things and adding the new ships to their shop lists.

I didn't quite understand what was necessary for compatibility with NPC bailing so I didn't make any progress there. I did however fix the Weapon Dealer issue between Phanon and XRM. Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Release thread (Download is located here)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3862754

Installation
------------
Extract folders with their contents to /addons/ and overwrite.
Changes will take place by either re-enabling Phanon Corp through AL options, or upon a new generation.

Features
--------
The financial report for Phanon Corp now displays hour-based trade rank.
In the event the trade rank is bankrupt, Phanon Corp is not successfully trading.
It either lacks transport ships, can't find anywhere to trade, or is conflicting with another mod.

Phanon Corp may now buy and use most XRM vessels.
Exclude the new scripts/al.LitQB.PhanCorp.MakeShip.xml if you do not want Phanon to use new ships.

Phanon spawn locations updated for use with XRM's map, it has the choice of 13 different locations.

Issues corrected
----------
XRM's weapons dealer XL were hostile. They were moved to "Race 2". Each Phanon generation makes a check to correct these.
If you have previously defeated a generation of Phanon or Disabled Phanon Corp in AL settings, then Phanon Corp has unfortunately already destroyed the weapon dealer.
It is safe to disable Phanon Corp so long as the fix is installed, even if the weapon dealer is already hostile; it will become non-hostile when Phanon Corp is re-enabled.

Corrected starting capital multiplier upon new generations, giving Phanon Corp a much faster starter growth for successive generations.

Balance
--------
Phanon Corp now receives cheaper transport ships and fighter craft to promote earlier growth.
Phanon Corp initial investment increased from 15 million credits to 40 million credits. This is usually enough to purchase 4 or 5 transport ships and some jumpdrives.
Salary multiplier doubled to offset higher XRM costs.
New generations of Phanon Corps spawn 3 to 4 hours after the last was defeated, rather than 18 hours later.
Phanon favors M6 sentinel configurations that are more effective for the AI.
Adjusted force ratios, for slightly less fighters and slightly more corvettes.
Added M6 and M7 craft to early Phanon forces.
Phanon Corp TL-class ships are fully re-imbursed if killed by Pirates/Xenon/Kha'ak/Yaki, this prevents Phanon being locked down in early game due to piracy etc.

Notes
------
Phanon's credit worth will occasionally go negative when it purchases jumpdrives or wares, if Phanon's trade rank is not bankrupt, then it is still expanding normally.

Hopefully these changes will enable a more prosperous Phanon in XRM. Enjoy!
Last edited by Teleth on Sun, 15. Apr 12, 16:42, edited 2 times in total.

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 06:13

If anyone is running Phanon Corporation with AP+XRM, I made a compatibility update fixing weapon dealers and other various issues.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 70#3851670

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 06:45

Teleth wrote:If anyone is running Phanon Corporation with AP+XRM, I made a compatibility update fixing weapon dealers and other various issues.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 70#3851670
Nice job. Thank you.

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 07:59

Hows everybody doin?

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 10:36

Aah, finaly, the day of my return... Only six sets of tires shredded and average fuel station storage worth of petrol burned in hopes of faster climate change and bigger powerslides ^^

Soooo, v1.20. When and whats in it so far and whats planned?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 10:54

eggthief wrote:Alright, I installed XTC again and applied just your mod to it and again it crashed. It actually seems to happen at certain moments.

One of my crashes was right when I docked and two of them (one being the crash I just had with just your mod) the moment a fight starts, about right after the initial beep you hear.
That is strange. I think the first thing to do is check that the xrm is installed correctly. Can you start a new game with the Nostalgic Argon start? This puts you in Argon Prime. What model is the Argon Prime shipyard using? If the XRM is installed correctly it will be using the huge shipyard model. If you see the standard model, then part 2 is not installed correctly. Next find and target Argon One. It should be using Expnobody's M1+ model. If its invisible, then part 1 is not installed correctly. If its using the standard Collosus model, then part 2 is not installed correctly.

Also, double check that you have installed every script from the "scripts" folder in part 2.

Mizuchi

Post by Mizuchi » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 10:54

swatti wrote:When and whats in it so far and whats planned?
You'll have to wait and see.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”