[MOD]No Fog 2.5comp Fake Patch [V1.0 22/03/2010]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 12. Nov 11, 15:09

Can i please somebody to make reupload of this mod?? I will be very gratefull.

Sorry for my bad english

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 12. Nov 11, 15:12

Please read the post above.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Derax
x3tc

Post by Derax » Wed, 30. Nov 11, 09:56

Thank you!

mingleBingle

Post by mingleBingle » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 12:54

Any way to do this in AP? The default viewdistance has changed so that part of the script would be superfluous, but the fog is still annoying as ever.

Shafted

Post by Shafted » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 08:42

I am also looking to get this working in AP. Downloaded the files that Illuminatus linked and put correctly placed the .cat/.dat file I wanted to use but no change in game.

Took a look at the TBackgrounds.pck file using X3 Editor 2 and I don't see anything new about the file for AP that would make these edited .cat/.dat files not work, but I'm a novice to the editor in general so I'm probably missing something.

Anyone else take a look at it?

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 00:27

Was this solved for AP?
I still have the file I think, certainly its in my 3.1 TC, but I had issues with 3.2 and clashes with this mod, so am unwilling to just try it with AP...

Also is it done the same way, fake patches that is? Or will Steam remove it if it verifies AP?
:)
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 01:16

greypanther wrote:Was this solved for AP?
I still have the file I think, certainly its in my 3.1 TC, but I had issues with 3.2 and clashes with this mod, so am unwilling to just try it with AP...

Also is it done the same way, fake patches that is? Or will Steam remove it if it verifies AP?
:)
Steam wont remove files using the verify command. Only overwrite ones of the same name if a newer version exists. It doesnt touch mods unless the mod replaces a vanilla file. But again this will only happen manually. It wont sneak up on you.

That being said, all you need to do is open the cat with the x3 editor 2 and create a new folder inside the cat named addon. Then drag/drop the tbackgrounds file in there.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 20:16

Ok thanks for the info, think I will stick to the false patch method, as I lack the confidence at the moment to try the other way. :)

Can I not do the false patch thingy with a Steam game? What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by greypanther on Sat, 17. Mar 12, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 21:43

Well, now I know where to put the false patches, ( programmefiles/steam/steamAPPs. ) Will it be compatable with AP though?

*edit* The false patch method indeed does not work, but I had to find out for myself I guess.
I do not understand how else to remove the fog. :(
As I said, I do not have the confidence to use the editor. :oops:

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 20:43

I've re-uploaded the no fog for X3TC and replaced the old link with a new one in first post on this thread.

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier.

As to AP, i don't currently have the game but hope to have it within a week or 2 so can see what can be done then.

If someone else want to do the no fog mod for AP then please feel free to do so.

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 21:44

:thumb_up: :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 13:41

In theory, this should work for AP. I cant check myself just yet, but will do soon.

For AP, you install it as 03 in the Terran Conflict\addon folder.

The AP 01 cat has the same file in it, so it will overwrite anything in the TC folder. Hence, it needs to be false patch 03 in addon.

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 13:46

apricotslice wrote:In theory, this should work for AP. I cant check myself just yet, but will do soon.

For AP, you install it as 03 in the Terran Conflict\addon folder.

The AP 01 cat has the same file in it, so it will overwrite anything in the TC folder. Hence, it needs to be false patch 03 in addon.
I tried it with AP+XRM. Doesnt seem to be working tho. XRM files are 04 so I put NoFog as 05. Maybe I should switch their numbers, NoFog 04 and XRM 05?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 13:59

Does XRM make changes to tbackgrounds ? If so, put no fog after it.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 16:56

It will work if you add an addon folder to the cat, then drag the types folder to that.

There could be another way maybe. This is how I got it to work in AP though.

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 20:11

joelR wrote:It will work if you add an addon folder to the cat, then drag the types folder to that.

Unfortunately I am too dumb to operate the machine. No idea how to do that. Will try reinstalling it, hope it does the trick.

Cheers

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 20:15

LordGaara wrote:
joelR wrote:It will work if you add an addon folder to the cat, then drag the types folder to that.

Unfortunately I am too dumb to operate the machine. No idea how to do that. Will try reinstalling it, hope it does the trick.

Cheers
Im not sure why you think reinstalling would fix it? Its not an install issue its a file path issue.

You dont need to be smart to do it. Just use the x3 editor.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 20:37

This should work with AP. All ive done is add an "addon" folder so AP will load it.

I wont guarantee that it works with any newly added AP sectors that have fog but it will at least cover everything from the original TC sectors. It wont break anything and can safely be added or removed without harm to your saves.

I have no intention of actually supporting this in any way its just here for those of you who are x3 editor challenged.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2210133356 ... istance.7z

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 22:06

that makes me nervous joelR, please try to understand others lack of knowledge you find easy :wink:
You also didn't give any instructions on how to use it.

I tried it as 03 in the addon, it didn't work.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 22:25

greypanther wrote:that makes me nervous joelR, please try to understand others lack of knowledge you find easy :wink:
You also didn't give any instructions on how to use it.

I tried it as 03 in the addon, it didn't work.
Nervous? Its a fake patch. Please reread what I wrote. Its harmless. Also it works for me so im not sure what the issue is youre having.
Last edited by joelR on Wed, 21. Mar 12, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”