NEWS: Screenshots of the Week - [no new Screenshots]

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Iifrit Tambuur-san
x3tc

NEWS: Screenshots of the Week - [no new Screenshots]

Post by Iifrit Tambuur-san » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 22:00

Reactivating the well-known "screenshot of the week" feature, from now on we will regularly post screenshots informing you about the next great space adventure called ‘X Rebirth‘.

X Rebirth will move the events more closely to planets and space stations. That's why you saw a lot of bright and colorful places on the previously posted screenshots. But X Rebirth also has other areas to offer:

On this screenshot you see an area called "The Void". Located far away from the busy trade routes this place is everything but inviting. Those pilots that are brave enough to leave the populated zones will have to find their way through the dangerous minefield to discover the great treasures this place may hold.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

In X Rebirth stations will consists of different modules, which you can upgrade with different elements. For example with shield generators or weapon systems. Even modules to increase the communication range were already mentioned. Another module type can be seen here: A Pump Station to increase the efficiency when processing and transporting liquids, such as water or fuel. That means there are not only station modules for attacking and defending, but also to increase the productivity of stations. Another game element for those that like the "THINK"-part of the game.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
01.04.2012 (April Fools' joke ;) )

This weeks feature picture of X Rebirth shows a unique new way to negotiate prices. With "Move your hipsss for profitsss", you can use the Kinect for Windows controller to "dance down" the prices for any deal.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

This time we're showing you one of the new ships you will encounter in the X Rebirth universe. the Plasma Collector. Next to the known minerals gathered from asteroids there are a plenty of other resources to be found in space. This ship specializes in collecting plasma from nebulae and transporting it for processing.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

With delay but when I saw this screenshot for the first time it was like :O :D 8). Another part from the range of station modules. A dock for small and medium-sized vessels. The dock is shown alone in space. It therefore lacks the entire station around it.

Have fun with it and next week the SOTW will come on Monday. Promised.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Do you still remember the pumping module I showed you some weeks ago? I made a hint that it may be used to transport liquids over a large distance. Here you can see a possible use for such a module. When you look at all the settings you could think that it is part of something big.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

The screen was replaced on short notice after repeated urging from the german forum. The old split capital ship became the basis of a colony. Surrounded by rock veins and patches of fog, it is held in place by cables, while small ships flying around it.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

As promised, the screen from last week. It is a station that has been built completely into an asteroid.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

We have already seen a mine field, a ship in a more stationary function, water pipes and asteroid stations. This week I have another unique place in the X-Universe for you. A mine that is placed in the Badlands. According to the general condition of this one, I would claim that the Badlands is not one of the safest place out there.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

This week there are four pictures. The first picture shows a mining drone. The second picture shows the shield drone. Both drones are still known by the GamesCom. And so the Torpedo Drone doesn't feel so alone among the other screenshots, these two images were uploaded, too. The third will be once every 3 drones merged and the activation sequence of the Torpedo Drone is shown in more detail.
Now to actually screen shot of the week. I myself can say little except that it really is a new screenshot which hasn't been seen yet. Have fun with it.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

This Screen taken from an test video is one of my favorites. It shows two identical capital ships after a long and hard fight. Well the right one is done. It is just one second before it is going to fade away in an epic explosion. You can see there a lot of debris all around. And if you look close enough you may discover some fighter wrecks. So those big ships know how to handle fighter attacks. ;)
The left ship survived until now but I don’t know if it can go on after the right is gone. No one knows.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

There are some good news and some bad news for all drug manufactures in the X-Universe. The Spaceweed is onboard in Rebirth as you can see here the Spaceweed Production. The bad news these modules are visible from a long distance with this flash green within the farming domes. So you have to hide them very well from the Patrols. ;)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

But now for the Screenshot. This week we have a screenshot that is a bit different than the others before. The screen was taken with minimum Details. No Shadows etc. the only effect left was the illumination model. It shows some parts from an important agricultural complex which is not located in the Albion cluster.

[ external image ]
Last edited by Iifrit Tambuur-san on Wed, 5. Dec 12, 20:44, edited 14 times in total.

SilentcontrolSXM
x3tc

Post by SilentcontrolSXM » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 02:04

Yeah finally we've got something to see !

Thanks a lot I like that !
Last edited by SilentcontrolSXM on Tue, 10. Apr 12, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 02:22

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 02:29

Maybe next week we can see the whole thing with walking on stations, or talking to the station manager?
Where is it?

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 02:31

could it be because game is getting close to launch? :P

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 02:33

Jumee wrote:could it be because game is getting close to launch? :P
Don't you dare get my hopes up.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 03:33

Doubtful. If it was close to the launch, we'd have the demo already and all other kinds of marketing flood...
Where is it?

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 12:25

KloHunt3r wrote:
Jumee wrote:could it be because game is getting close to launch? :P
Don't you dare get my hopes up.
dont dare get your hopes up? more like DONT YOU DARE JINX IT!!!

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 13:00

I actually hope that its not released in the next month - I have exams to pass :D :D

edit/P.S: and yes-yes I know that it is extremely unlikely :P so I'm safe

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 13:20

yeh knowing my luck it will be released on the twenty somethingth of May and my exam is on the 31st...

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 15:44

delray wrote:Doubtful. If it was close to the launch, we'd have the demo already
Never saw an X demo before release, they came always after. Just saying, maybe this time around its different, who knows...

MFG

Ketraar

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 02:29

Poor visibility? Grey fog? Mines? ...where have I seen this before.....

[ external image ]

Noahdilweed
xr

Post by Noahdilweed » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 04:24

Freya Nocturne wrote:Poor visibility? Grey fog? Mines? ...where have I seen this before.....
RIGHT HERE!!!
[ external image ]
Spokesman for Retarded Geniuses.
"Does he fit the description?"
"I don't know...big, bad, stupid-looking."
"An exact match."

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 05:15

Damn, I completely forgot about that movie. Gotta' watch it again; I hardly remember anything about it.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 05:40

Is in full agreement with Crouching Twilight, Hidden Sparkle. I really need to rewatch that...
Hey, has anyone made that ship for X3:TC/AP yet?

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 09:33

Looks amazing! I hope we get a release date soon(tm)

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 17:05

well atleast we no longer doubt weather x rebirth became Vaporware or not :P

its aliiiive ITS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVE, now hurry the **** up an take my damn money! i want it!

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 18:11

Someone posted a plan to have a pizza delivered to Egosoft HQ and get the pizzaman to ask about progress, how much is a pizza in German, if I can get full information and a plan from someone I'd gladly fund such a project.

Back to the subject of The Void: What do you guys think? Contact Mines or proximity?

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 18:13

Freya Nocturne wrote:Back to the subject of The Void: What do you guys think? Contact Mines or proximity?
hopefully proximity, its more interesting that way :D :twisted:

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 18:27

I hope there are concussion weapons in Rebirth.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”