[MD] Enhanced Blueprint Missions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dillpickle
x3tc

[MD] Enhanced Blueprint Missions

Post by dillpickle » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 08:58

Enhanced Blueprint Missions

A modified version of the Generic Blueprint Mission for X3TC and Albion Prelude, that extends the range of blueprints offered for sale.

What you get:
  • Terrans will now offer these missions
  • Up to Race Rank 5 - M5, M4, M3 and M6 (probability of the bigger ships rising with your rank).
  • Rank 5 - A chance that Xenon and Kha'ak Blueprints will be offered.
  • Rank 6 - M7 and Heavy fighters added to the mix.
  • Rank 7 - Heavy M6, Prototype and Enhanced Fighters (including the Terrans offering ATF fighters).
  • Rank 8 - M1, M2, M7M and Prototype (and ATF) M6.
  • Rank 9 - ATF M7 and M7M
  • Rank 10 - ATF Tyr and Odin. Albion Prelude - Kyoto, Megalodon and Xenon
  • You should no longer be offered Blueprints for ships if you already have them.

Installation:

Extract the zip folder into your X3TC root folder, the files should end up in your director folder where they need to be.

For Albion Prelude I believe it needs to be extracted to the addon folder (where the CAT/DAT's are).

Download available from:

I have moved all my downloads to NexusMods, in an effort to ensure they are still available to anybody that still wants to use them:

Terran Conflict Version can be found here:
Dillpickle's Mission Director Collection for Terran Conflict

Albion Prelude Version can be found here:
Dillpickle's Mission Director Collection for Albion Prelude

Modifed Files:

director/2.161 Buy Blueprints.xml
director/SRST.xml

Changes made to the SRST file should only effect the Blueprint mission - if you start experiencing odd ships turning up in missions that shouldn't be there ( the dreaded Unknown Mammoth... :P ), remove the SRST file from the director folder (let me know so I can fix it...), and it will revert to the original file, the missions will still be 'slightly' enhanced, just no Prototype, Enhanced or ATF ships.
Last edited by dillpickle on Tue, 29. Nov 16, 18:07, edited 2 times in total.

Tiek
x3tc

Post by Tiek » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 15:17

Hi dillpickle,

Sorry to ask this question but about "Mission Director" I understand very little (to say nothing :) !): is this compatible with the XRM mod and its modified TShips?

Thanks in advance.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 15:28

Here's something I never do because I know how annoying it is:

Does this offer blueprints that you already have?

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 16:09

Wow there was a thread about this yesterday thanks dill.
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 16:45

Litcube wrote:Here's something I never do because I know how annoying it is:

It does, should be easy enough to change so it won't sell you blueprints you already own, I must be able to check for it, as I probably used it in my sell blueprints to shipyards mission... I'll look into it.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 17:03

dillpickle wrote:
Litcube wrote:Here's something I never do because I know how annoying it is:

It does, should be easy enough to change so it won't sell you blueprints you already own, I must be able to check for it, as I probably used it in my sell blueprints to shipyards mission... I'll look into it.
This makes me excited.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 20:11

Tiek wrote:Sorry to ask this question but about "Mission Director" I understand very little (to say nothing :) !): is this compatible with the XRM mod and its modified TShips?
Depends on what got changed, SRST.xml relies heavily on the typenames from tShips (SS_AH_A_M1 etc..) if he's removed or changed typenames of vanilla ships, then the SRST file will need to have be changed to prevent odd ships turning up in missions. If he has changed the SRST file, then no it won't be compatible, if it wasn't changed then it should work, but none of the ships added by XRM will be offered.
I will take a look when I get the chance, but don't currently have a copy of XRM on my machine, so will need to download it first.

Update:
Litcube wrote:Does this offer blueprints that you already have?
It doesn't now... :) (version 1.2)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 20:23

dillpickle wrote:It doesn't now... :) (version 1.2)
Cool, you did to these mission files everything I can think of :) This fix for existing BP offering is especially awesome. Is it based on AP or TC versions?

EDIT: It still sometimes offers existing blueprints. I have Xenon M R/Eed a long time ago and some Paranid dude just offered me M blueprints. Do Paranid offer Xenon stuff as well? I thought you did it for Yaki and Pirates...

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 00:35

Wow, this is simply great!

Downloading right now!

--

I did my own version last night but didnt get any unusual offers, so probably I did something wrong but since blueprint offers are so rare probably it was right but it takes time, and I did my own version of "ship offers" too but I got an offer of an M1 for 22mill with 30% damage and got a profit of about double the cost so I guess I should tweak them a bit XD

In any case I'm going to try your version for a while and see the results, I have looked through it and looks shiny! :)

Tiek
x3tc

Post by Tiek » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 01:14

dillpickle wrote: Depends on what got changed, SRST.xml relies heavily on the typenames from tShips (SS_AH_A_M1 etc..) if he's removed or changed typenames of vanilla ships, then the SRST file will need to have be changed to prevent odd ships turning up in missions. If he has changed the SRST file, then no it won't be compatible, if it wasn't changed then it should work, but none of the ships added by XRM will be offered.
I will take a look when I get the chance, but don't currently have a copy of XRM on my machine, so will need to download it first.
Hi dillpickle,

Thanks for your analysis.

I looked in the cat files of XRM: in \director and in \addon\director there is a modified version of SRST; so at this point I would say that is not compatible :( !
The question remains for the "light" version (with only 2.161 Buy Blueprints file, which has not been touched in XRM); however the Tships has changed and I'm not sure about the typenames of vanilla ships.

In any case, my congratulations for your work!

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 01:23

My first offer has been in Grand Exchange, an I blueprint, 72 million credits.

----

Well, in the same sector, in other station two teladi offering blueprints of the same ship, a buzzard...

Maybe it is spawning the bp offers too fast now.

---

Re-edit: In the same shipyard now two teladi now offering I blueprints, one for 63million and the other for 72 million..

Something seems wrong :P

--

I went to another sector and got no blueprint offers from anyone, so I guess when you get offers you get a lot and when you dont... In any case Ill keep testing

---

New findings: I always get two people selling the same blueprint in the same station but with only one of them you really get it to sell it to you. (got an LX this time, coooool!)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 03:57

I also got BPs sold from the same station for the same ship in pairs.
New findings: I always get two people selling the same blueprint in the same station but with only one of them you really get it to sell it to you. (got an LX this time, coooool!)
This is probably because of a check for existing blueprint. If you buy one, the other one stops offering mission but the lamp icon still stays. This check doesn't seem to work for Xenon ships though.

EDIT: I checked the script and it looks like the section that spawns actor is duplicated. First it goes as an "otherwise" branch for blueprint check on your HQ and then it is repeated but this time without HQ blueprint checks. This can explain both duplicate offers and actors left after the mission is over (the cue is already cancelled if a blueprint exists). Probably an unfortunate copy/paste? Now a big question is when those orphan actors will disappear :) I have a couple of sectors covered with them.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 10:51

kurush wrote:I also got BPs sold from the same station for the same ship in pairs.
This is probably because of a check for existing blueprint. If you buy one, the other one stops offering mission but the lamp icon still stays. This check doesn't seem to work for Xenon ships though.

EDIT: I checked the script and it looks like the section that spawns actor is duplicated. First it goes as an "otherwise" branch for blueprint check on your HQ and then it is repeated but this time without HQ blueprint checks. This can explain both duplicate offers and actors left after the mission is over (the cue is already cancelled if a blueprint exists). Probably an unfortunate copy/paste? Now a big question is when those orphan actors will disappear :) I have a couple of sectors covered with them.
Yes, bad copy and paste moment - comes from working with 2 almost identical files with the same name... (that's my excuse anyway).

It was only in the AP version, and has now been fixed.

Regarding the now orphaned actors, it may be possible to clear them up, but I haven't had the time to put into AP (in fact haven't played since the 2.0 update!!) so am in no position to duplicate the problem, if some one wants to upload a savegame somewhere (even a vanilla one where the PHQ is owned would do.) I could look into a way of removing them.
Tiek wrote:I looked in the cat files of XRM: in \director and in \addon\director there is a modified version of SRST; so at this point I would say that is not compatible !
The question remains for the "light" version (with only 2.161 Buy Blueprints file, which has not been touched in XRM); however the Tships has changed and I'm not sure about the typenames of vanilla ships.
I have had a look at XRM, and it does have a modified SRST.xml, if you unzip the enhanced blueprints and just move the 2.161 Buy Blueprints.xml into your director folder it should work, you probably won't get any of the vanilla Enhanced/Prototype/Special ships, but it will pick up alll the XRM ships that got added to the SRST file.

Tiek
x3tc

Post by Tiek » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 12:08

dillpickle wrote: I have had a look at XRM, and it does have a modified SRST.xml, if you unzip the enhanced blueprints and just move the 2.161 Buy Blueprints.xml into your director folder it should work, you probably won't get any of the vanilla Enhanced/Prototype/Special ships, but it will pick up alll the XRM ships that got added to the SRST file.
Hi dillpickle,

Thanks very much for having analyzed the problem!

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 19:06

Thank you for the fix!
dillpickle wrote: Regarding the now orphaned actors, it may be possible to clear them up, but I haven't had the time to put into AP (in fact haven't played since the 2.0 update!!) so am in no position to duplicate the problem, if some one wants to upload a savegame somewhere (even a vanilla one where the PHQ is owned would do.) I could look into a way of removing them.
Wouldn't the game remove them eventually? If yes, I'd say don't bother... Here is my save, they are clustered in CEO's Wellspring and Guiding Star. save

EDIT: With 1.3 I got a fleet of angry Telladi Phoenixes in Acquisition Repository. Telladi reputation is maxed, so I think it might be because of SRST change.

EDIT2: Actually, those Telladi could be a police strike force for a return stolen ship mission went wrong. I can see a message in my log saying that the ship was delivered, but the ship itself is still in my possession happily docked at the station where I was supposed to deliver it. Weird.

EDIT3: After some time Telladi ships became pacified. I went in to recover that Heavy Centaur and they are just idling around and don't even refuse to talk as before.

EDIT4: Something definitely got messed up with return stolen ship missions. Now I got a message that mission is successful but the ship stays in my possession. Just got a free Thresher with 4m bonus... With the usual caveat of police coming every time :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”