[X2] bug?? (killing ships without being killed)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mrmaddodger

[X2] bug?? (killing ships without being killed)

Post by mrmaddodger » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 17:17

Hi guys just [icked up this game and was looking forward to playing it but i have a problem i cant kill any thing and i die in 1 hit..
thinking it was me just rubbish at the game ive been trying a while i have a buster m and when i try to kill anything i die in either 1 hit or if i dog fight them no matter how many missiles or drones or fire i put on a pirate they never die. spent 30 mins and 20 missiles last night trying to kill a pirate fighter just couldnt... any 1 know this bug?

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 17:44

:lol: well matey...i guess if u wont die in 1 hit get some shield and get m3 for good hiting missiles are good hornet misille...i sujest do to download the P.X.D mod...there are new ships and soon new version

have fun ;)

mrmaddodger

Post by mrmaddodger » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 18:32

LOL yeh i have a shield on it must be a bug as the enemy ships take no damge ive pulled them into friendly ships and they cant kill them either think my copy is bugged

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 22:13

oh my....
You've got what? a 1MW-Shield? those things barely save you. Hull doesn't count (unless it is changed by mods). Your "targets" have ... 3x 25MW-Shields? Even more? Without heavy guns you won't get anything there mate :P
Start trading, get some money and buy the heavy stuff. :D

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 23:12

:lol: i guess shadow dream is right... 1mw shield is really weak...get some money of licenses and start kill pirates :P

mrmaddodger

Post by mrmaddodger » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 13:34

hi. no its a 5mw shield on the buster m ... So basically in this game you cant kill anything antil you can afford a large ships and large guns?
only thing i have killed was some little pirate drone thing that died with 1 missle anything else i cant even scratch their shield and soon as they turn and shoot BOOM im dead lol

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 14:01

Seems to be neither a bug nor a scripts and modding issue, so I'm moving your topic to the X Universe forums, where the general gameplay should be discussed. I've also taken the liberty to make the title of your topic a little bit more informative.

***moved***
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sirus5
x4

Hmm

Post by Sirus5 » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 14:10

Whilst it is true that with a Buster and 5mw shield, you will be severely handicapped, you can actually do some things with that without getting killed.

First, you have to pick your targets, it's no good going up against something vastly overpowered and it's no good going up against more than one target, whilst you are killing one, the other will make mincemeat out of you.

First, you need to Get
1. Fight Mark 1 software
2. Fight mark 2 software
(These will enable you to press [k] a few times and get AutoAim on - without it you have to be very skilled to hit any thing).
3. More speed tunings
4. More rudder tunings.

Then pick a lone M4 or M3 and you should have a chance.

With the missiles, it is likely that what you fired them at had a turret and the turret simply shot your missiles out of the sky!
So, if you are going to fire missiles, you have to think a bit and keep the turrets busy or fire from the front.

There are a lot of tactics in this which you will need to think about...

Just start carefully and pick a target you can work with - you can actually kill or capture an M3 and it is often the way to advancement by capturing an M3 - generally, you are faster in an M4 and will have to dodge and fly around it a lot, but it is very possible to make M3 bail using an M4

bulgaria

Post by bulgaria » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 17:47

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hahaha!...good idea...get a khaaak M2 or witch mood m0 ur a killer and busters wont even hurt ya :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm80FDR2 ... iMJc2k6Lm2 check out the video made by me ;)

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 17:54

Making M3s bail may be possible, but still... M3 usualy have heavier guns and way better shields (25MW). You really have to take care!
Try to get one of the "weaker" ones first. E.g Split M3 have low shields. The Argon one is without doupt the best, since it's the only one with a turret.

I'd rather hunt pirates and sell what they hand over. This way you get some money to buy a M3 or TS for trading ;)

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 18:13

Buster does not ring a bell as special ship. Then again, I did play the plot start, where you start with M5 Discoverer. Good Scout, but even with strong guns it cannot do much against 25+ MW shielding. (Unless in Shield-Eating-Nebula.)

What Disco can do is to capture a Pirate M4 Bayamon (and naturally M5 Mandalays). With some more, one can fully kit out the Bayamon. By that time (some hours into the game) one will have Fight rank that spawns Xenon K in Invasion, and due to ridiculous reward of that mission, one kill later one can afford a M6. But be warned, that is a short route to the dark side where nothing can challenge you.

M5 can kill/capture M5 and M4 ships. M4 can kill/capture M3. In fact, both Bayamon and Buster can mount weapons (PSG/MD) that can kill anything.

Speed, Fight Mk2 AutoAim, and strongest weapons that the ship can mount let one hit and do damage. Speed, maximum shields, and Strafe Drive allow surviving some hits. :split:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 19:11

mrmaddodger wrote:hi. no its a 5mw shield on the buster m ... So basically in this game you cant kill anything antil you can afford a large ships and large guns?
only thing i have killed was some little pirate drone thing that died with 1 missle anything else i cant even scratch their shield and soon as they turn and shoot BOOM im dead lol
Let's see. 'M' version of the Buster in X2**. That would have a single 5 MW shield and a couple of Gamma IRE's, as I recall. A fully equipped Buster can carry 3 x 5MW shields and 2 x Gamma PAC's. So your Buster is way under-equipped to handle combat of any difficulty. Have you also maxed out your speed and rudder tunings yet? If not, that should be a priority, as well, right after getting better shields and weapons.

**In case you didn't know, here's what the S,M,L variants of ships refer to: X2 FAQ
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

mrmaddodger

Post by mrmaddodger » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 19:55

thx guys some helpfull tips here a great help

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”