[SHIPS] Stargate, babylon 5 and other ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

jdoggyfu80
x3ap

Post by jdoggyfu80 » Fri, 28. Oct 11, 20:18

They have installed correctly with the latest version of the plugin manager. Im using crycrows cheat package to try and spawn them, not available in the list of ships available to spawn
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Stalin

"Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life." - Confucius

"Blood alone moves the wheels of history." - Benito Mussolini

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 12:39

I've tried a hundred versions of PIM (up to date, beta 1.40, old, very old versions). It always tells me it wants to use corrupt memory. First I was scared and checked my file system. No errors found. Then I tried to install ships from BPG and that russian site. Ships were installed correctly. So by now I think it must be these XSP files.

J.M.

Post by J.M. » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 17:41

what other scripts are you both using or are you using any?

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 17:54

Actually I use many scripts, especially Lucikes Script collection, Marines Repair, NPC Bailing, ...
Though I can't imagine they interfer with the ships because the problem appears, when I want to open the XSP file.

Maybe you could upload the un-xsp-ed files of the ancient ships as zip or rar files somewhere, please :oops: ?

_black_cell_

Post by _black_cell_ » Mon, 20. Feb 12, 15:06

Im having a problem using these with albion prelude. If i only have one ship installed it works fine, but if i have two or more well the game wont open and the plugin manager just reopens. Any ideas?

J.M.

Post by J.M. » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 15:16

i havnt actually got AP yet, so have no idea if they work in it, so in some ways its good to hear that you can get one to work but im working on getting AP soon, so as soon as i do i will look into fixing them or converting them if needed

TestingTesting

Post by TestingTesting » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 18:10

can anyone update the list with there CLASS rating, as i am limited to download request with Rapid, i want a small ship that has good Turret support

reasons-

1 i HATE dogfighting (reason why i love turrets)

2 i like small ships for the agility and speed (can't stand capital ships, even M6 are to big for my liking)

i have tried for 3 days now to find a small ship that has good turret coverage

NOTE, yes i do cheat my player own ship a little, hate having to keep picking and choosing ships, i play the game fairly with exception to player owned ship

if anyone can suggest anything i would really appreciate it.

when i first started playing Terran all that time ago, I imported the Normandy, but the Plugin Manager for AP is a right mess at the moment with ship importing (well it's completely broken too put a finer point on it in respect to ship importing, i'm surprised that PM for AP is not back in BETA stage)

i tried importing Normandy manually, but for some reason the ship was Invisible???

and editing parameters of a ship is as far as my knowledge takes me, graphic and turret editing is beyond my abilities and then some, so adding turrets to a smaller ship is beyond me.

My dream ship would be, a ship 4 times larger than a M3+ (one third the size of an M6+), but is well covered with Turrets (to avoid the dogfighting part of the game) so would not really need forward main guns (with the normandy i used the Autoaim script)

any suggestions or links, anything really....PM won't be working anytime soon i fear, to my knowledge he still don't know what the problem is yet, so manual method only option at this point, or ship that is in FAKE patch form ready to go.

Kane_Edain
x2

Post by Kane_Edain » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 21:37

nice ones.... im looking for some SG: TNG ships, like BC-305 or BC-309... seen any?
Okazja!!! Wynajmę swoją flotę pancerników do działań stabilizacyjnych w dowolnym sektorze. Niedrogo...

joshyp00

Post by joshyp00 » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 16:58

If I may make a suggestion as i've only played with the ancient ship destiny so far ( because it is my favorite :D )
1: The destiny in my opnion is WAY to small it should be at least double it's current length but i think you did this in order to make it still flyable using the gate system
2: It doesn't have enough turret postions or turrets alone for that matter

J.M.

Post by J.M. » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 20:08

joshyp00, your not the first to say this, but we have scaled it correctly to ships in the x universe. the destiny isnt as big as everyone thinks, its only 747 meters long, according to stargate wiki. gblro001 has a scale chart that shows how long the x ships are, and i believe he used the buster which is 20m long to scale eveything as closely as possible. you are right about the turrets though, but gblro001 is working on a new destiny which has a more accurate model and will have more turrets. but both him and me are having problems with plugin manager and which is stopping us getting much further with it.

joshyp00

Post by joshyp00 » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 20:01

I see well I have been looking at the script for it and i must say i don't understand much of it as i'm fairly new to x3 modding but i like the main weapon as the only gun that can do any serious damage to another m2 or m6 or higher as the other weapon placement groups are mainly used for handling fighters.
Oh and is there anyway that i can mount a weapon for the ori warship on the cockpit view every turret i have tried hasn't been able to fire. I'm trying to make it more realistic to the tv show version where only the main view could fire

joul67
x3tc

Post by joul67 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 12:55

thank you for this great job!
one question .. how to dock the seed to the destiny ?

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 02:02

Just like to point out that these ships are fully X3 Reunion compatable! I tried them out and they all work perfectly like a charm! Not tried on TC yet but I am extremely happy to see these as I thought X3R Ship modding was long dead!
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

xrogaan
x4

Post by xrogaan » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 20:08

J.M. wrote:joshyp00, your not the first to say this, but we have scaled it correctly to ships in the x universe. the destiny isnt as big as everyone thinks, its only 747 meters long, according to stargate wiki. gblro001 has a scale chart that shows how long the x ships are, and i believe he used the buster which is 20m long to scale eveything as closely as possible. you are right about the turrets though, but gblro001 is working on a new destiny which has a more accurate model and will have more turrets. but both him and me are having problems with plugin manager and which is stopping us getting much further with it.
747 meters long is already quite big...

Edit: I tried to install some ships to AP, however, I couldn't see them (missing textures ?). Is there a way to fix this ?

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 21:06

To all those being able to use these ships:
Which version of Plugin Manager do you use? (Lite? Version number?) And which OS?

I also asked a friend of mine to extract or use these ships, but it always tells us something about corrupt RAM.

A. Corvis

evilhomer2701
x3tc

Post by evilhomer2701 » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 21:38

xrogaan wrote:
J.M. wrote:joshyp00, your not the first to say this, but we have scaled it correctly to ships in the x universe. the destiny isnt as big as everyone thinks, its only 747 meters long, according to stargate wiki. gblro001 has a scale chart that shows how long the x ships are, and i believe he used the buster which is 20m long to scale eveything as closely as possible. you are right about the turrets though, but gblro001 is working on a new destiny which has a more accurate model and will have more turrets. but both him and me are having problems with plugin manager and which is stopping us getting much further with it.
747 meters long is already quite big...

Edit: I tried to install some ships to AP, however, I couldn't see them (missing textures ?). Is there a way to fix this ?
I had the same problem with a couple of bab-5 ships i installed, for some reason the plugin manager didnt install all the components of the xsp?, i had to use the package creator to extract all the parts from the xsp, then put the missing ones into the appropriate folders in the cat with the ships in(using the x3 editor). If you do have parts missing make sure the editor decompresses them when you transfer them, other wise they still wont show up, as i found out the first time lol.

J.M.

Post by J.M. » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 22:42

as daft as it sounds, i too have had this problem on my laptop, but as they worked on main pc, i put it down to a bug in the version of plugin manager i had installed on my laptop, havnt got round to installing the most recent plugin manager but it might be fixed now.

evilhomer2701
x3tc

Post by evilhomer2701 » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 22:49

it happened with me on version 1.41, which is the the latest version, unless theres one i dont know about?.

joshyp00

Post by joshyp00 » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 01:36

Yeah it stopped loading the textures for mine as well when i tried them in AP the only way i know to fix it is to install all of them into the tships and then extract them which i did for the destiny and i refuse to do again lol took sooooooo long
"Major Marks, Please Make That Ship Go Away."

flopsies

Post by flopsies » Tue, 24. Jul 12, 00:51

I downloaded the Warlock from b5, but now there is no model ingame.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”