[SCRIPT] Salvage Claim Software V1.05 : Updated 29/06/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this script

Excellant
79%
Good
12%
Ok
5%
Not So Good
1%
Terrible
1%
Its not really for me
2%

Total votes: 298

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 18:46

Thanks for the quick reply. So I just pop the dvd in reinstall and thats it? do I have to do anything with my game saves?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 18:53

Yes, thats about it. Just remember to change the install directory! Also back up your saves somewhere. (Desktop maybe?) Then place them back into the correct folder, when you have finished installing and updating the game.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 20:40

many thanks

artao
x3tc

System Override Software Mk2 Seems to do Nothing

Post by artao » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 21:33

So I installed the SOS Mk2, and spent around 6.5 million credits in game to purchase it ... And now it seems to do nothing at all !!! No extra option in the Piracy menu, I have Shift-B assigned as the hotkey, but that does nothing (and I've tried other key assignments too) ...
Is this yet another script that's broken for Reunion 2.5?
Will I even get a response? This forum is QUITE dead it seems.
Oh well. :(
"Keep looking up!!" -- Jack Horkheimer (RIP)
l8r,
artao

System specs (if needed):
Win XP SP3 Home
Soyo K7VME mobo
Athlon XP1800+ 1.6Ghz CPU
1Gb DDR 233 RAM
ATI x700 256Mb DX9 Shader 2.0 (AGP 8x)
Soundblaster Live!
... and the standard drives, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc ...

artao
x3tc

Post by artao » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 21:49

Hey, awesome. Thanks mods!
Now that my question has been merged into this thread, it probably stands even LESS chance of ever being answered than it did as its own thread. :D
</snark>
l8r,
artao

Win XP SP3 Home
Soyo K7VME mobo
1Gb DDR 233 RAM
Soundblaster Live!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 21:57

Ok, your not giving much info there, but I'll try to help.

1)Was the software listed correctly in the EQ dock you bought it from?

2)Have you installed the Community Extended Mod Pack? (EMP)

3)Were you within 5K of the ship you were trying to claim?

(Sorry for this silly question!)

4) Was the ship you were trying to claim without a pilot?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 22:21

artao wrote:Now that my question has been merged into this thread, it probably stands even LESS chance of ever being answered than it did as its own thread.
Sarcasm won't help you to get an answer either. :sceptic: Having said that the S&M Forum rules are pretty clear about where post about certain scripts/mods belong to. Posting in the script's/mod's topic will move the topic to the top of the forum, where everyone can see it. Possible helpers directly know what script you downloaded and you have the chance to look for similar problems and possible solutions in the topic.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 22:34

there are infact 2 versions of this script, which one do you have ?
you could also look for the ware called, Salvage Claim Software.

as they use different wares, but the same scripts, its possible u might have the wrong ware

artao
x3tc

Post by artao » Fri, 26. Aug 11, 00:31

you are, of course, right Illuminatus. my irritation is more from quitting smoking, which is no excuse to vent such here. My apologies. Bad User!!! Bad!! :oops:
All conditions were correctly met such that the software SHOULD work, I believe (i.e. distance, no pilot, etc)
Cycrow, I downloaded the one that is listed as the "replacement" or "update" of the original.
I'll look for Salvage Claim Software, in which docks tho?
l8r,
artao

Win XP SP3 Home
Soyo K7VME mobo
1Gb DDR 233 RAM
Soundblaster Live!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 26. Aug 11, 01:12

should be available at teladi docks

Snowtiger2.0
x4

Post by Snowtiger2.0 » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 13:01

Cycrow wrote:should be available at teladi docks
I've had it randomly disappear with the use of XRM and the reccomended stuff for it.

Reinstalling works, no idea if it replaces anything else.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 13:24

XRM? I only know XRM as X3 Rebalance Mod for X3:TC by paulwheeler. But we're here in the X3:R S&M Forum. :gruebel:
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Torias
x4

Post by Torias » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 14:18

I haven't been able to find this answered (but there's 22 pages to dig through, so, yeah >.>;) but does this script make it possible to claim abandoned M6's? (possible through the wonderful Bail Signal Extension script :D)

P.S. I love your mods Cycrow, but you almost always make their price ingame waaaaayyyyy too high. D:

Update: I finally did find a mention that it does allow these claims. Yay :3

Grme

Post by Grme » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 13:47

I seem to be having some problems with the script.
Basically, even though i have EMP and the script installed, there are not any new items in Teladi equipment docks, but there is an item in the pirate bases called SS_WARE_SW_NEW17 that can be bought for 6,3 millions, but it does not make me able to claim ships( I tried pressing the hotkey, but it didn't work.
Any ideas?
EDIT: I run on windows 7, steam install, and i have never had problems with the mod manager, and before i formatted i had had no problems with this mod either, although i probably used the System override(But the links to that are dead)

CptQaoz

Post by CptQaoz » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 04:24

Hey guys, hope someone will read this. Ive got a minor problem with the Salvage claim software. I can buy it at the teladi equipement dock and i can use it too to claim ships. The only problem is that its name is Readtext17-10613. I dont know why its like that, because the xml files are in the t folder and i renamed all to 49xxxx (german). It just dont loads the right name :? . Note: i use bail signal extension and EMP as well and i installed it with cycrows script manager.

Edit:
The bail signal extension is not the problem (i still get the problem without it).
It seems that i have to install it in this order: EMP-->SCS.
Note: in cycrows plugin manager there is a yellow icon (with a flash inside) at the left side of the SCS, while the other plugins have the normal symbol.
Hope that will help.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 18:19

CptQaoz wrote:I dont know why its like that, because the xml files are in the t folder and i renamed all to 49xxxx (german).
You shouldn't have to do that. The .spk package already contains the file 497533.xml
CptQaoz wrote:: in cycrows plugin manager there is a yellow icon (with a flash inside) at the left side of the SCS, while the other plugins have the normal symbol. Hope that will help.
Tha icons in the PM are just to help identify scripts scripts easily. You can actually change the desired icon in the Packaging section of the PM.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

CptQaoz

Post by CptQaoz » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 21:57

Hey. Thanks for your reply. I know that the german files were there, i just deleted them and renamed the english ones to see if that will solve the problem. But it havent helped. Anyway, i just de- and reinstalled the plugin, but that havent solved the problem too. So i dont know were the mistake could be.

EDIT 1: I mean, the plugin actually works! But the problem is that the right name of the ware (SCS) isnt shown.

Btw: I dont have the file 497533.xml in my t folder, i just got 490007 (the german file) and the other languages files. The file 497533 i just have seen named in the 490007 file. I got this problem (?), that i dont have some files named in the other files, too with other plugins.

EDIT 2: I reinstalled the EMP plugin and the SCS plugin just another time and now the ware got the name "ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM17_3". I think that have obviously something to do with the EMP plugin. So how do i fix this?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 21:17

CptQaoz wrote:Btw: I dont have the file 497533.xml in my t folder
There is the problem. 497533.xml MUST be in your t-folder, in order for this to work
CptQaoz wrote:EDIT 2: I reinstalled the EMP plugin and the SCS plugin just another time and now the ware got the name "ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM17_3". I think that have obviously something to do with the EMP plugin. So how do i fix this?
the EMP plugin MUST be installed first. Before any other scripts.

I would suggest you remove everything from the PM, then install them all again. Beginning with the EMP.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

CptQaoz

Post by CptQaoz » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 01:14

Thanks for the infos so far. That this file is needed i thought too. But there is one problem: in many X3:R scripts i downloaded some of the t files arent included or installed. I just let it install via plugin manager, but in my t folder some of the files arent there. I just cant imagine that they werent included in the downloaded file. Btw: it ried to remove and reinstall all scripts, but i also installed some scripts manually. Do you know where i can get a new t and scripts folder of X3:R 2.5 (i would have to wait to reinstall, cause i dont have the game disc atm).

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 20:49

Ok. I have used the .spk explorer program and have checked the Salvage Claim Software.spk that I have, has the 497533.xml file present. I also downloaded it again from the links in the 1st post just to make sure and it is also present.

See below

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... oard01.jpg

So I would say there is a problem with either your Plugin Manager or your X3 Reunion installation.

{Oversize image changed to link - Terre}
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”