[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

impress

Post by impress » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 13:02

Sorkvild wrote:Why jumpdrive deployment kit costs around 350.000. Normal JD costs 2 millions, I expected JD kit to cost x1.5 at least!

w00t w00t
In my game it costs around half million more than basic jumpdrive so IMO it's fair price. Ofc I just restarted the game and my trade rank is low so maybe here is the catch. But one thing - I looked at locations where it can be bought and ...
Spoiler
Show
it isn't at Terracorp HQ

Zaknafein
xr

Post by Zaknafein » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 13:20

i quote my question because i think it was overlooked, im very curious about this :)
dotoslocos wrote:i have no idea about scripting but im asking myself something:

if the added terran/argon war goes on when those stations are alive and "ends" when they are destroyed, there must be somekind of trigger that "activates" and "ends" the war depending on the stations.
is it possible to get an option to switch this trigger on and off without the station checking?
im asking because an option in eg the AI-Menu (or whatever menu) to de-/activate the war would be awesome.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 13:24

what will happen if I camped (docked) a ship in those jumping secret research stations? :P

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 13:31

paulwheeler wrote:It is priced more than the standard jumpdrive.

If you're not seeing that then something is wrong. A TWareN conflict is most likely.
I haven't installed any extra scripts or mods since 4 months :/ I was only updating the mod only. What should I do now? I'm awaiting instructions.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

CptQaoz

Post by CptQaoz » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:07

So as far as i read the XRM is not compatible with the Xtended Terran Conflict (Mod) right? :?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:08

nap_rz wrote:what will happen if I camped (docked) a ship in those jumping secret research stations? :P
They will be force-ably undocked when the station jumps.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:09

CptQaoz wrote:So as far as i read the XRM is not compatible with the Xtended Terran Conflict (Mod) right? :?
No its not compatible.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:09

Sorkvild wrote:

If you're not seeing that then something is wrong. A TWareN conflict is most likely.
I haven't installed any extra scripts or mods since 4 months :/ I was only updating the mod only. What should I do now? I'm awaiting instructions.
You need to find out where the conflicting TWareN is. Have a look through cat/dats and check your local types folder.

Are you playing AP or TC?

Erenar
x4

Post by Erenar » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:10

Damnit, i answer something only to find i didn't press F5 and paul had already answered it!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:12

dotoslocos wrote:i quote my question because i think it was overlooked, im very curious about this :)
dotoslocos wrote:i have no idea about scripting but im asking myself something:

if the added terran/argon war goes on when those stations are alive and "ends" when they are destroyed, there must be somekind of trigger that "activates" and "ends" the war depending on the stations.
is it possible to get an option to switch this trigger on and off without the station checking?
im asking because an option in eg the AI-Menu (or whatever menu) to de-/activate the war would be awesome.
No its not possible. At least not without a lot of extra scripting, which I'm not going to do.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:39

paulwheeler wrote:
Sorkvild wrote:

You need to find out where the conflicting TWareN is. Have a look through cat/dats and check your local types folder.

Are you playing AP or TC?
I lay TC. Mod I have so far besides XRM. Backgrounds for XRM, custom gui, remove floating icons. There is not TwareN inside of these.
In my 'types' folder there is only TwareT file.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:45

I think Paul means N as in the Nth dimension or the Nth letter, number. However I have been wrong in the past...

Edit: I refer to my second comment :oops:
Last edited by Vayde on Thu, 9. Feb 12, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Antick952
x3tc

Post by Antick952 » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 15:05

Ive had the same problem with the JDK being too cheap in TC. Just checked the TwareN file for both TC and AP(in addons) and the price values are different (higher for AP).

Edit: the relative value is 686600 in AP and 86600 in TC (must be a typo)

impress

Post by impress » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 15:29

Antick952 wrote:Ive had the same problem with the JDK being too cheap in TC. Just checked the TwareN file for both TC and AP(in addons) and the price values are different (higher for AP).

Edit: the relative value is 686600 in AP and 86600 in TC (must be a typo)
I can confirm that too. Checked inside xrm part 2 1.17c cat and both TwareN have got different relative value.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 15:57

paulwheeler wrote:
nap_rz wrote:what will happen if I camped (docked) a ship in those jumping secret research stations? :P
They will be force-ably undocked when the station jumps.
hm that's sucks...

btw, how do you make them jump? I didn't know stations can have jump drive, speaking of mobile stations, maybe you can add Xtended style mobile stations? moving shipyards/SPPs/weapon factories etc? :P

strude
x4

Post by strude » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 16:45

I have a couple of quick questions that hopefully haven't been answered too many times before (not in the last couple of pages anyway). I'll be using the mod in TC.

1. The installation instructions indicate that to use a hull pack, the reload script needs to be run. If the hull pack is installed before a new game is started, is this still required?

2. The features list indicates a new type of laser tower "to be feared". Does this fear extend OOS also. The standard LTs were considered a bit lame when I was last playing TC.

Thanks
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 16:51

Goddammit again! :headbang:

UPDATE RELEASED v1.17d
------------------------------------

Again this is just a bug fix for TC users.

I have correctly the price of Jumpdrive Deployment Kits.

(yes it was a typo)

You only need to update the Part 2 cat/dat

AP users do not need to install this update - again, it will do no harm if you do.

Its getting a real pain to maintain both sets of files which are ever so slightly different.

Come on you TC users - go buy AP already! :wink:

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 16:51

EDIT: Nevermind!!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 16:54

strude wrote:I have a couple of quick questions that hopefully haven't been answered too many times before (not in the last couple of pages anyway). I'll be using the mod in TC.

1. The installation instructions indicate that to use a hull pack, the reload script needs to be run. If the hull pack is installed before a new game is started, is this still required?

2. The features list indicates a new type of laser tower "to be feared". Does this fear extend OOS also. The standard LTs were considered a bit lame when I was last playing TC.

Thanks
1. No - if the hull pack is present when you start the game, the script does not need to be run.

2. Yes, its substantially more powerful OOS.

Erenar
x4

Post by Erenar » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 16:54

I have AP but wtb hub for it.... script us a lovely hub plot paul!

Edit - Oh, that and Avarice ownership has transferred... that was such a beautifully positioned ownable HQ system!
Last edited by Erenar on Thu, 9. Feb 12, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”