Does the Commercial Agent script in AP use Fighter drone mkii?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thundy
x3ap

Does the Commercial Agent script in AP use Fighter drone mkii?

Post by thundy » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 20:30

Can't seem to find the answer but I'm thinking not. Or if they will use them will they buy them?
Hi

Nazardo
x3tc

Post by Nazardo » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 20:33

By default they buy normal fighter drones, but if you equip them manually with MK2 they should use them. I may remember wrong though.
Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our means, but by what we seek to accomplish.
Screenshots

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 20:37

There's an easy way to tell. Equip them with Mk II's and then set them to work. If they immediately go off and buy Mk I's, then you'll know they need Mk I's. If they just keep the Mk II's, you can be pretty sure they'll use them.

However, they may not replace any expended Mk II's, instead buying Mk I replacements. Again, that's easy to test.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 20:40

Im sure Ive tried that and they ignore the Mk2 and buy some Mk1.

I guess anothe todo on my growing list of script fixes needed.

Maahes
x4

Post by Maahes » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 22:43

Would they really need to use MKIIs? They don't seem to drop them to kill the attacker, more as a distraction whilst they power up the JD and get out of Dodge. MKI's are much cheaper and abundant in the markets for this purpose.

Silverblade The Enchanter
x3tc

Post by Silverblade The Enchanter » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 23:39

They do not use MKIIs :(
I have factory making the MKIIs for my warships, tried 'em on traders but they never use them, sigh

However, I did give them to a fair number of ships early on, so when they got attacked, I manually ejected them and told the drones to
"FRY THAT PIRATE SUCKER'S ASS!" :twisted:

Darwinism in action, one stupid pirate at a time! :lol:

MKIIs really kick booty

hm, wonder if they might use Keris though?
I have a keri fab, too....

Breet
x4

Post by Breet » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 03:16

From my experience, they don't use mkII drones (even if there are plenty instock in a plex and trades tation.
Same with mkI, they don't seem to want to goto my plex's and buy them.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 04:13

They won't use Kerris drones, either. They'll rush out to buy cheap drones rather than acknowledge they already have a compliment of good ones on board.

manole

Post by manole » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 06:07

The version on Lucike's site works well. I don't understand why Egosoft chose to use a 2+ year old version of a script that gets updated/bugfixed on a weekly basis by the author...

AshToDust
x3tc

Post by AshToDust » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 08:20

manole wrote:The version on Lucike's site works well. I don't understand why Egosoft chose to use a 2+ year old version of a script that gets updated/bugfixed on a weekly basis by the author...
maybe because mkii are too powerful and have nothing to do on a non military ship?

manole

Post by manole » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 08:56

AshToDust wrote:
manole wrote:The version on Lucike's site works well. I don't understand why Egosoft chose to use a 2+ year old version of a script that gets updated/bugfixed on a weekly basis by the author...
maybe because mkii are too powerful and have nothing to do on a non military ship?
They're also a waste of money. The TS ships run away and dont recollect the drones. That's not the point. The point is that they chose to use a outdated version of a script when there's a version meant to work with the current game...

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 09:03

why fix what isnt broken?

so what that they dont use mk2 or keris drones, i for one really like that they dont drop 2.6M everytime they get tickled by a pirate m5, or blown up instantly by anything else, or worse by sitting there doing nothing the majority of their careers.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”