Albion Prelude + TrackIR5, jumpy screens

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

donik
x3tc

Albion Prelude + TrackIR5, jumpy screens

Post by donik » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 17:21

Decided this morning I was going to try out the TIR support that you guys so graciously added to the game. It has made the overall experience 100% more immersive, for sure!
I noticed though that while docked at a station if I bring up, say, the Trade menu and mouse over the items listed, the entire background of the game (docked in station) twitches every time i mouse over a new item. It doesn't do it when in space, looking at the sector map. And it doesn't do it using the menu's from the bar on the left. It seems to be isolated to docked in station. It's enough to make me go cross eyed/get a headache. :|

It does not do this with TrackIR disabled.

I have TrackIR 5 and the latest software from the TIR website, was wondering if anyone else experienced this and just wanted to give a heads up.

System specs:
AMD PII 970
AMD HD 6970 with 11.12 drivers
16GB RAM
W7 x64 Home Premium

Nate--IRL--
x3tc

Re: Albion Prelude + TrackIR5, jumpy screens

Post by Nate--IRL-- » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 22:07

donik wrote:Decided this morning I was going to try out the TIR support that you guys so graciously added to the game. It has made the overall experience 100% more immersive, for sure!
I noticed though that while docked at a station if I bring up, say, the Trade menu and mouse over the items listed, the entire background of the game (docked in station) twitches every time i mouse over a new item. It doesn't do it when in space, looking at the sector map. And it doesn't do it using the menu's from the bar on the left. It seems to be isolated to docked in station. It's enough to make me go cross eyed/get a headache. :|

It does not do this with TrackIR disabled.
Also when toggling Classic Flight mode - the view centre will quickly twitch back to the default centre and then back to the TIR point I was looking at. It is very disconcerting.

Nate

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 22:30

A little bump for that because the last patch didn't help. It'd also be great to have the TrackIR in X3:TC...

EDIT : A short way to solve the problem for now is to hit the F9 key when you dock to deactivate the device.

Vistar
x3tc

Post by Vistar » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 16:06

I don't use classic flight but with the station menus I just use my stick controls (hat to navigate, fire to select and set button 2 to cancel) and it works fine - no screen jitters. Otherwise pause the TIR until (if) they patch it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”