[Mod] [07.01.07] TCM Tubeless_Complex_Mod

Hier ist der ideale Ort um über Scripts und Mods für X³: Reunion zu diskutieren.

Moderators: Moderatoren für Deutsches X-Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ALEX Bemelmans
x3

Post by ALEX Bemelmans » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 15:53

great mod! big gain on fps and now i can make nice looking complexes (that look like complex...):

[ external image ][ external image ]
(same complex with different organisation (12 & 13 station))

thx :D :D :D :D :D

Eddis

Post by Eddis » Sat, 24. Apr 10, 07:54

Thanks for this mod. It is very good! :D

PQTaggart
x3tc

Savegame probleme

Post by PQTaggart » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 20:44

Hallo,

Ich bin in meinem Spiel im 10. Spieltag und habe nur diesen Mod aktiviert - sonst alles Vanilla und das Spiel ist unmodified.

Ich habe das Problem, dass es auf einem antsändigen PC (Lenovo T400) ca. 2,5 Minuten lädt und ein Sprung von einem Sektor in einen anderen (auch in leere) min. 1,3 Minuten dauert. -> ich sitz nur noch im gleichen Sektor. Wie sich im Thread http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 75#3369375 herausstellte, ist nicht meine Installation das Problem. Wenn andere mein Savegame laden, haben sie genau das gleiche Problem. Selbst das Beenden von X3TC mittels alt-f4 dauert 40 Sekunden!! -> ich beende x3 nur noch via taskmanager.

Hat jemand schon mal was ähnliches erlebt? Kann es sein, dass das Savegame wegen diesem Mod "durcheinandergewirbelt" wurde?
Never give up! Never surrender!

Mateus090985
x3tc

Post by Mateus090985 » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 02:11

Ok... I am felling a little stupdy. I read that the Tubless Mode improves performance without the "modfied" tag. But this page is in german and google translator did not helped me too much in the instalation instructions. I tryed to "paste" the two files of the mod (TCM_Tubeless_Complex_Mod and TCM_Tubeless_Complex_Mod) inside the "scripts" folder (Steam - steamapps - common - x3 terran conflict - scripts), but nothing changes in my game. I have to put it on another place or remane then with a ".dat" and ".cat".?

Thanks a lot.

_Belgarion_
x3tc

Post by _Belgarion_ » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 09:40

You have to put them in the "mod" folder.

Or you have to rename the files. For that you should look in your x3tc folder. There should be some .cat and .dat files. For the files of this mod you have to take the next higher number and add it to the file name. After that copy the files where the other .cat and .dat files are.

The second method you should choose if you want to use more than one mod.

Greetz _Belgarion_
Eine Blase voll Luft fürchtet spitze Nadeln.

Mateus090985
x3tc

Post by Mateus090985 » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 11:20

_Belgarion_ wrote:You have to put them in the "mod" folder.

Or you have to rename the files. For that you should look in your x3tc folder. There should be some .cat and .dat files. For the files of this mod you have to take the next higher number and add it to the file name. After that copy the files where the other .cat and .dat files are.

The second method you should choose if you want to use more than one mod.

Greetz _Belgarion_
I dont have a "mod" folder on the folder of my X3 (at least not inside my Steam folder), only "script" and "script.backup3100". In the folder, the biggest number is 13, so I rename the files to only "14.dat" and "14.cat" and paste then there? There is also a "CatFiles" txt that list a lot of comands like "d:\steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict\13.cat\director\2.004 Terran Plot Scene 4.pck". Do I have to write somethig there? Or put something in this "Director" folder (but I dont see the folder...)?

Mateus090985
x3tc

Post by Mateus090985 » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 11:31

Ok. I figured out. Thanks for the tips. :)

_Belgarion_
x3tc

Post by _Belgarion_ » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 12:09

Sorry, I didn't recognize, that I was in the x3 reunion script and modding forum. :oops: But the second way should be possible for x3 reunion too.
Eine Blase voll Luft fürchtet spitze Nadeln.

Mateus090985
x3tc

Post by Mateus090985 » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 13:10

_Belgarion_ wrote:Sorry, I didn't recognize, that I was in the x3 reunion script and modding forum. :oops: But the second way should be possible for x3 reunion too.
Relax. It was simple anyway. This was the first time that I instaled a mod, that is why I has dificult doing. Thanks agian sir. Lets hunt some Xenons!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

MonkeyBananas

Modding help?

Post by MonkeyBananas » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 06:13

I was wondering how I would go about installing the tubeless complex mod? For some reason my install directory is missing the "mod" folder (and quite a few other folders as well).

http://i41.tinypic.com/f2v6l3.png

I created it manually but I still couldn't select a mod package at the starting screen...thanks for any help! The game runs at 5 fps in the complex sector whereas it normally runs at 20+ fps (and around 15 without the tubes).

{Oversize image changed to link - Terre}
{[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] Rule 12. Merged. jlehtone}

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 06:47

are you playing TC or AP?
summer time..

MonkeyBananas

Post by MonkeyBananas » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 06:58

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention I'm playing TC, but AP is installed. (does that make a difference? AP seems to be installed in the same directory)

I'm also playing on the steam version of the game.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 07:04

MonkeyBananas wrote:Oh sorry, I forgot to mention I'm playing TC, but AP is installed. (does that make a difference? AP seems to be installed in the same directory)

I'm also playing on the steam version of the game.
Did you create a folder named "mod" or "mods"

It should be named "mods"

MonkeyBananas

Post by MonkeyBananas » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 13:56

It was named "mods". well technically I created both (separate times), and it still didn't work.

Is the mods folder naturally empty?

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 14:03

Yep. Did you activate the mod on the game launch screen?
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 14:03

yes it is (because vanilla doesn't have mods obviously) ;)

You don't need to put it in the mods folder and activate it, you could also use it as fakepatch. There should be a manual in one of the stickied posts how to do it. Its really simple.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

MonkeyBananas

Post by MonkeyBananas » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 14:18

argon_emperor wrote:Yep. Did you activate the mod on the game launch screen?
Well I tried to but the option is greyed out.
Killjaeden wrote:yes it is (because vanilla doesn't have mods obviously) ;)

You don't need to put it in the mods folder and activate it, you could also use it as fakepatch. There should be a manual in one of the stickied posts how to do it. Its really simple.
Heh, well I was not sure if the steam version of the game was moddable. I could try that, thanks for the suggestion!

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 22:43

work with AP ??

A_Sebastian
x3tc

Post by A_Sebastian » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 04:19

Good question. Is this still compatible? The game takes a nose dive graphically, if I do not use a mod like this.
Veni
Vidi
Vici

Eddis

Post by Eddis » Wed, 16. Jan 13, 07:35

Yes, it works in AP with the latest patch as of today.

You need to add both files from the mod to your AP folder install: "Addon" subfolder.

Then rename the 2 files to the next consecutive number (for me it was 03.cat and 03.dat).

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts und Modding”