X3: Albion Prelude 1.1 has landed, and it's brought X3: Terran Conflict 3.2 with it!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 04:10

Sir Warwick wrote:
CBJ wrote:- Nerfed Boreas (shields).
Boreas really needing nerfing?

How to destroy the OTAS brand image - yet another averagely shielded average commonwealth destroyer that becomes breakfast for a bored tyr with its 6GJ of shields and a shed load of PSPs because some corporarate droid at OTAS woke up one day and though they could shave a few pennies from manufacturing costs by removing one of its most essential assets.
Oh, don't get your panties in a bunch. It went from 10GJ to 8; it's as shielded as a Titan but still has more laser energy, speed, maneuverability, and guns.

It it were up to me I'd have taken it down to 7, maybe even 6GJ and cut down its gun count. :p

...Though, I may have been somewhat considerate and bumped up its top speed and turn rate a tad.
Last edited by A5PECT on Wed, 18. Jan 12, 04:16, edited 1 time in total.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Seleucius
x3tc

Re: X3: Albion Prelude 1.1 has landed, and it's brought X3: Terran Conflict 3.2 with it!

Post by Seleucius » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 04:16

CBJ wrote:Those of you who have been playing X3: Albion Prelude for some time, and have been waiting for a fix for the performance issues experienced after extensive play, need wait no longer.
And for this, I thank you.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 04:16

Carlos789 wrote:- Fixed OOS mining not working

Does that mean that OOS mining is going back to how it was in TC (infinite spawn of rock debri), or its another kind of fix?

Peace!
Well. From what I remember reading was. That OOS mining was not even working period. Now it looks like it is with the finte rock debri.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 04:17

BOREAS was already called a light destroyer. not a heavy destroyer.

changes are really GOOD!

good job egosoft!
X gamer , one at a time.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 04:22

No changes to TC OOS code then?
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 04:29

Hmm i'm getting some intermittent weirdness in TC.

1 - Sometimes on the build station missions. The navigation beacon doesn't show up on the map unless you target it, then open the map

2 - Occasionally the event horizon is a solid object on jump gates.

No mods, verified cache files, freshly installed it today.

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 04:35

Speaking of TC OOS changes... please do something about the Xenon Q. The bane of our existence for a very long time has been infinitely spammed average frigates 1-hit killing anything shielded less than a Tyr...

Good patch though, better performance. Also noticed more CPU cores being used, seems to scale with affinity for single core optimization (both core 3&4 have ~50% usage each, only core 4 has full usage).

jadesword89
x4

Re: X3: Albion Prelude 1.1 has landed, and it's brought X3: Terran Conflict 3.2 with it!

Post by jadesword89 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 05:09

CBJ wrote: - Fixed various minor issues with marines, fleets and RRF
Any chance we can get these details?

bonesbro
x3

Post by bonesbro » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 05:44

The performance changes are awesome. You are great.

It would be nice if races were less annoyed by shooting jumpgates. As terran warzone ships like to hang out around jumpgates, I frequently draw sector aggro when my turrets immediately open fire on them and hit the gate instead.

The SEWN from the bonus pack doesn't seem to save the state of the "warn on capturable ships" option, and resets to Yes every time you load a game.

Some sectors with shipyards don't have equipment docks, which prevents you from upgrading the engines or cargo of newly-bought ships. I suggest adding those upgrade options to military outposts and various HQs. That will fix sectors like Legend's Home and Grand Exchange.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 06:03

Carlos789 wrote:Does that mean that OOS mining is going back to how it was in TC (infinite spawn of rock debri), or its another kind of fix?
The minig laser wasn't doing any damage in OOS thus completely breaking OOS mining since rocks couldn't be broken down.
And about the Boreas
Betty wrote:With some sacrifices of shielding and armament for speed
That pretty much says it all. :)
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

HellAvenger

Post by HellAvenger » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 06:06

After seeing the patch notes for v1.1 of AP, there is a patch that fix AP's sector blacklist.

I went back to my saves, and my universal trader still went into astriod belt to sell goods. I tried to restart Universal trader and remove asteriod belt on sector manager and add the sector back in the blocked list. My Universal trader still went in the sector trying to sell vita kai.

DarkKlown77
x3tc

Post by DarkKlown77 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 06:13

I'm lame, what's RRF stand for?

Have you guys fixed the xenon L that's required for the Argon patriot missions to Beryll station? I can't seem to get one to bail for the life of me... makes me want to give up on the plot all together.

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 06:13

KloHunt3r wrote:Oh, don't get your panties in a bunch. It went from 10GJ to 8; it's as shielded as a Titan but still has more laser energy, speed, maneuverability, and guns.

It it were up to me I'd have taken it down to 7, maybe even 6GJ and cut down its gun count. :p

...Though, I may have been somewhat considerate and bumped up its top speed and turn rate a tad.
Well - guns dont really matter when your enemy that is about to blow you up is way way out of weapons range and has no plans on coming any closer :)

2GJ? thats what - 7 less hammers?

With that said - how often did you see a boreas in a war sector as last ship still alive after a large and more or less evenly matched battle? (Never?) Now how many time did you see a Tyr doing the last man standing thing? (Usually?)

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 06:15

DarkKlown77 wrote:I'm lame, what's RRF stand for?
Race Response Fleets.

Thanks Egosoft! Now if we can only get buyable Ghoul and M/AM Warhead fabs :wink:

icer
x3tc

Post by icer » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 06:16

Sir Warwick wrote:
KloHunt3r wrote:Oh, don't get your panties in a bunch. It went from 10GJ to 8; it's as shielded as a Titan but still has more laser energy, speed, maneuverability, and guns.

Well - guns dont really matter when your enemy that is about to blow you up is way way out of weapons range and has no plans on coming any closer :)

2GJ? thats what - 7 less hammers?

With that said - how often did you see a boreas in a war sector as last ship still alive after a large and more or less evenly matched battle? (Never?) Now how many time did you see a Tyr doing the last man standing thing? (Usually?)
never. argon always kicked the terrans arse in my game. M7M and M8s torn em apart every time i watched

DarkKlown77
x3tc

Post by DarkKlown77 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 06:17

eldyranx3 wrote:
DarkKlown77 wrote:I'm lame, what's RRF stand for?
Race Response Fleets.

Thanks Egosoft! Now if we can only get buyable Ghoul and M/AM Warhead fabs :wink:
Thanks a ton, I was wondering what that meant. Hopefully they won't steal all my kills anymore.

Any word on the "Deliver a Xenon L to Beryll Station" mission yet? again I'm lame and can't get the L's to bail, and I've tried every tip I've ever seen on capping ships, even the video tutorial tips.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 06:24

DarkKlown77 wrote: Any word on the "Deliver a Xenon L to Beryll Station" mission yet? again I'm lame and can't get the L's to bail, and I've tried every tip I've ever seen on capping ships, even the video tutorial tips.
So, you suggesting removing the only mission of some interest from otherwise rather lame and short plot? Ouch :( May be they should change it to "Bring me a Q, pls!" Requires much more effort but at least you can complete it without relying on RNG.

DarkKlown77
x3tc

Post by DarkKlown77 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 06:26

Ugh, I need a lingo cheat sheet. ok what is RNG?

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 06:31

DarkKlown77 wrote:Ugh, I need a lingo cheat sheet. ok what is RNG?
Random Number Generator, the stuff that decides whether this ship bails or not.

DarkKlown77
x3tc

Post by DarkKlown77 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 06:44

great... :headbang: never gonna get that plot finished, ugh

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”