[SCR] Station Financial Manager Mk2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Fri, 6. May 11, 18:41

Hello, Ive been using CAG till now but it CAG after awhile stops working and there is nothing i can do about it so Im taking a look here

First, i would like to know if Pilots here cooperate between them. I mean i dont want 2 traders going to the same factory for the same resource.

So, do they check their destination for other traders going for the same thing like CAG does?

Thanks

Wee_Mee
x3

Post by Wee_Mee » Fri, 6. May 11, 19:11

Hi all I used to play x3 loads and got used to using scripts but i had long break from x games and now come back to play X3TC. I installed this script with plugin manager and set up a station with it and got 2 merc traders setup but problem is they just don't move to buy or sell any thing.I put sats in like 20-30 zones around the area my best buy loc can see wares i need and ships have all the stuff installed to work but they are doing nothing.
"enuff said now its your turn"

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sat, 7. May 11, 07:59

@naisha
Yes, my pilots do not go to the same factory (Technically, they can go to the same factory but never to trade the same wares)

@Wee_Mee
Can you send your save game?
(My email address is in my profile, alternatively you can just type in my name, at gmail dot ocm.

If you can send the save game, then can you tell me a bit more info, e.g. What kind of station, where, jump drives or no jump drives, station max jumps, energy refuel amount on the traders etc.

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Sat, 7. May 11, 11:54

Ah ok great, then ill download your script and hope its gonna work with XTC (Xtended Terran Conflict mod).

Wee_Mee
x3

Post by Wee_Mee » Sun, 8. May 11, 07:22

Hey thx for reply thing was i used the cheats to just see how the mod worked and i set up single energy XL plant. Mainly to see how it worked in relation to the station manager mod.

Funny thing was Once I used a complex construction kit on the XL plant and joined it to a beef fac it started to work and they was buying and selling stuff.

I am not sure why it was working maybe due to game time IE it was in first hour of game time , well i dunno but it seems to be working now.

I would send a save but i delete them all with my files to reinstall but if I run into any more problems i get one to you.

Thank you for the offor. :D
"enuff said now its your turn"

IceDown
x4

Post by IceDown » Sun, 19. Jun 11, 17:25

I've added the Unknown Sector for the Hub to the excluded sector list but haulers from my ore mines, run by SFM, Keep showing up and selling. I've got the price set high there for the hub traders( not run by SFM) to get rid of the ore. If the sector is excluded why are they still showing up? Or am I totally wrong on what excluded sectors do?

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 19. Jun 11, 23:37

Hi IceDown, that is what it's "supposed" to be for... although having looked through the script... I don't see where it actually does that. I will try to resolve the bug and put out a new version.

For now, can you exclude a single station instead of the entire sector.

*edit*

I've uploaded a new version which should now be able to work with excluded sectors.
(I'm still confused as to how I could have made the UI and everything.. but not make the feature actually work... Usually the script comes first and UI last...)

mjl1966

Need help making script run.

Post by mjl1966 » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 02:33

This is my first attempt to run a script. I read the tutorial on how to install content and put everthing in the t and script files as directed.

I have no idea what to do next. There are no new commands in any of the menus. I looked at the Script Editor, but have no clue whether or not I have to do something in there.

I apologize in advance if all of this information is elsewhere, but I cannot find the information I need to actually use this script.

Any help appreciated.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 04:13

There should be new commands in the stations command menu, and in the ships command menu
(if you have the required Trade Command Software Mk 2)

If there isn't then the scripts are not activate yet. In which case either:
a) It was not installed correctly (scripts not in the correct folder?)
or
b) Your game is not modified yet (change name to Thereshallbewings, save game, load game)

- I will also point out that there are no "extra" steps required for setting this up.
Last edited by s9ilent on Thu, 8. Sep 11, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.

mjl1966

Post by mjl1966 » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 04:19

Thank you! I activated script editor with name change, exited and came back in. There was a nice .sfm option available to put in a slot.

The tutorial link does not work (as I'm sure you're aware). Is there a manual/tutorial document somewhere? I have not used any other script ever so I'm really starting from scratch.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 04:25

Eeep... I accidentally deleted the manual...
--
I've uploaded it again, the links on the original post should work now

Although, I should warn you in advance:
The manual is generally crappy and VERY old (it is for the original script, there have been some upgrades since then)
But everything in there is reasonably accurate

mjl1966

Post by mjl1966 » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 04:51

Actually, that helped a lot. I now understand the "behind the scenes" action and most of the UI.

Is there a reference for the new features such as ignores and ship's equipment?

mjl1966

Post by mjl1966 » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 05:19

Actually, that helped a lot. I now understand the "behind the scenes" action and most of the UI.

Is there a reference for the new features such as ignores and ship's equipment?

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 09:39

w.r.t Is there a reference to .....
Unfortunately no

And given that I'm eagerly waiting for x:rebirth, I don't feel particularly strongly inclined to upgrade my TC work any more :(

But I will give you a quick run down of how those things works

Exclude station/race/sector- Allows you to specify stations, races, or sectors which are ignored. (Note ignored races, means sector owner race, not station owner race)

Blacklisting is an automated process. You can configure it in the global settings. Basically you set up blacklist rules. If it destroys a ship, the sector is blacklisted for X minutes, and/or if some rule is violated, it will blacklist it for y minutes
e.g.
Any enemy bigship -> blacklist 20 minutes,
Any enemy smallship, blacklist 10 minutes
Destroyed my ship, blacklist 30 minutes

-------

Equipment-ing
1) You set up templates.
-note, there is an option in the template to max out shields. If this is on yes it will automatically try to max out the shields on the ship
-You do not need to set energy, use the normal jump energy levels in the command menu instead
2) You tell your ships to use the templates.
e.g. I might set up a template for Max shields, + 20 fighter drones +20 fighter drone mk 2's. And give that to all my freighters.

How it works-
Between each trade, the ships will check their current equipment, vs their template. If their equipment level for a particular ware is BELOW 80%, they will try to buy more of it.

Other minor notes-
There are some other tiny built in tid bits. e.g. When it docks at any station it will always try to refuel and re-equip from where it docked.

"Buggy" Behaviour (technically not a bug, but generally undesirable behaviour)
-When searching for equipment it does a... rather simply quantity check. Meaning it can do silly things like fly half way around the galaxy to buy 1 fighter drone.
I really wanted to "fix" this, but it occurred to me that I have no idea how to... some how I needed a way to define some "minimum" reasonable level to buy. But what is reasonable? (Any input is always appreciated) Credit based? Volume based? The only thing I could think of was to add "another" setting, but tbh.. there are already 5 billion settings stashed away in this script package and I didn't really want to complicate it.

----

Other misc notes:
I don't think it's specified any where in my documentation but if a ship has been set to use it's jump drive, it will ONLY visit sectors that have jumpable jump gates.
Which means they will really only trade with that 1 Terran sector.

If you have any further questions feel free to post away (or email/message etc.)

billw
xr

Post by billw » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 19:39

Bug report:
I left my game running with 4 factories all with this script running, with SETA at 200%. Came back after a few hours and checked my cash. It was at 2billion, and constantly decreasing about 30 mill a second. I looked at my factories and one of them was constantly increasing about the same amount. And now they are stuck like that, each time they reach 2bil or 0 they roll over. Looks like a bug in the automatic transfer of funds, and the values are under or over flowing 32 bits.
I am using XTC but no other station management plugins.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 23:12

There isn't really anything I can do to prevent the overflow with funds, its just how the game works :S. The only thing I can recommend is if you use other scripts/mods to "bank" the credits in your account so it doesn't overflow.

billw
xr

Post by billw » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 23:56

Sorry I didn't explain well. I have nowhere NEAR 2bil in cash before this bug occurs. I had around 20 mil, and the station min max set to 900,000 and 1,000,000. I tried a couple more times to get it to work okay: first didn't change anything and reloaded my older save before the overflowing occured, left it on sata 10x for an hour or so and it happened again this time on 2 out of 4 stations. Next I disabled the min max using the global settings and left it on SATA again for an hour and it STILL happened. I have uninstalled the script for now, gonna have a look at the code maybe but I don't really know the X scripting system.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 00:27

The code on the auto transfer is really simple and is unlikely to be the source of the problem. (It was the very first "feature" of this script and has no complaints/bugs to date)

Can you explain it to me again in a bit more detail?

From what you've said so far what I can gather is:

You have some credits on your person (how much?), and some in the station (900k-1 mil).
You let the station run for a while.

When you come back, you have 2 billion credits and it's decreasing by 30 million a second. (When you say "you" do you mean your personal account or your stations account, also where is the money going/coming from?)

Do you only use the auto transfer, or do you use both the traders and the auto transfer (in which case, what does your station actually buy, sell and buy & sell).

Also it'll help if you can send me your save game (email address is in my profile)

billw
xr

Post by billw » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 00:37

Okay, I will run for a while with your stuff uninstalled again first to see if I still get the problem, if I do obviously your script isn't at fault.
I dug into your code and yes the credit transfer stuff in global.loop.actual.sta looks totally fine and even checks to make sure it won't allow an overflow of player credits.
My save game won't be much use to you unless you have XTC installed I don't think!
Regarding what the symptoms:
I had about 50 mil in my player account. Four stations with the SFM applied using the global apply (actually the first I set manually, then I found the apply to all command). Also I set the (standard, not SFM) transfer money to player account before I found your script, but replaced it in the command list with SFM. Also had a single trading ship on each station with its homebase set to the station, which I also applied SFM to.
Then I left my stations running on SATA 200% for half a day or so (while at work) and when I got back to them my player account was rapidly decreasing from 2bil to 0 then rolling over to 2 bil again and one of the station accounts was rapidly increasing to 2 bil then rolling over to 0. They just kept going.
The stations themselves are custom ones that come with XTC (shield fabs where you can set the specific shield to build, and weapons fabs the same), so they could be the source of the problem or a conflict.
Like I say I will get back with more info later after trying without your script, and also with it on a standard station.

billw
xr

Post by billw » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 19:29

So without the SFM I have had no problems (except my retarded CAGs dying all the time!), left my factories running all day and all night on SATA 200% with no problems. All I changed was removing SFM completely (uninstalled).
If you want I can try and make a save game showing the problem, but will need to reinstall the script and leave my PC running it for a while, plus you will need XTC installed to test it, so I'm not going to do it unless you say you definitely want it. Otherwise I will muddle through with CAGs.
Thanks for the response so far!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”