Best Albion Prelude mods?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mic6

Best Albion Prelude mods?

Post by mic6 » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:58

I am about to start on Albion Prelude and want to add a few plugins to enhance the gameplay, but there are so many plugins to choose from, so was wondering if you can recommend 3-5 plugins which would be a must to install.

robalexhall
x3tc

Post by robalexhall » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 20:06

Currently I'm making do with PSCO1's cockpit mod and the bonus pack.

I play Terran Conflict very modded with improved races and XRM so it's a change of pace.

Moizo
xr

Post by Moizo » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 00:49

Lucike's script collection..:)

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 02:24

I'm waiting on X3:AP in a retail box. Hopefully by then all the mod/scripts I want will be ported. (I have a list of 50, managed with a spreadsheet, that I'm currently installing into x3)
I fly Terran for the accents

texallbwt
xr

Post by texallbwt » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 04:26

:)

Actually, my X3AP mod wish list is short but sweet.
I'm just looking for a way to inject the Universal Best Buy / Sell files from Alex2069 into
X3 AP while keeping the game vanilla.

Not such a game changing utility.

tex.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 08:22

Well, everyone's got their own set. Best thing to do would be to first explain what you want enhanced? Like better turrets, nicer complex building, ect. ect. Then we can help point you in the right direction.

Also, don't forget the library of scripts and mods :)
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

kardz
x3ap

Post by kardz » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 22:38

I'm new to the X series as a whole and I downloaded Albion Prelude off steam sale. I'm just wondering, are the mods for Terran Conflict also applicable to AP?

If so what are the "major" mods that are a must have for AP. So far I've only logged maybe 5 hours of game time and I haven't moved past getting blown to smithereens after a few skirmish as the Aragon Peacekeeper.

Is there an easier way to buy stuff? I find the little blue/red bar extremely difficult to control and move, I accidentally sell when I need to buy and buy when I need to sell etc.

Also when you buy those "upgrades" for what your ship can do, I can't quite remember what they are called but there's like 3 of them for combat/trade/ etc. Do they apply to just your ship or are they available to all the ships you own once you buy just 1?

Thanks for any help/info or replies regarding this post.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 23:35

it would probably be a good idea for you to play vanilla for a while, get familiar with the game before you start putting major game altering mods on top of it - And no TC mods are not compatable with AP unless otherwise stated in the mods discription that it has an AP version.

Just remember the distinction between a Mod and a Script however - Scripts dont change core game files, they only add things to the "scripts" and "t" folders (somtimes "Director"), generally Scripts from TC are compatable with AP (some are not, best to ask in the thread of that script if you are unsure)

Upgrades (Cargo Bay Extension, Rudder Optomization & Engine Tuning) are applied on a per-ship basis.

The trading menu is tricky at first:
The Red portion of the bar is the amount of cargo space being taken up by other items

The Blue portion of the bar is the amount of the ware that you have before applying the transction:
--When you buy more of this ware, the grey bar extends tward the end of the bar
--When you sell some of this ware, the blue bar retracts tward the red area, leaving a grey bar behind

The entire bar is a representaion of your cargo bay.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

kardz
x3ap

Post by kardz » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 01:25

So most of the scripts will work with AP? And I was asking about the Software programs instead of the ship upgrades, I was wondering if you only have to buy them once or if you have to buy 1 per ship you own.

I've been playing the basic + bonus AP, so far I'm still playing quite terribly. When I try to play as the Aragon Merchant, I seem to fail a lot. I get quest that I cant ever get done in time, I had one where I was just 10 seconds before docking, I guess my ship was just too slow.

I'm probably 10+ hours into it now, I still don't quite understand some of the stuff I read like Missile Defence, your turret is supposed to auto target or do you have to manually find the missile to shoot down?

Anyways, this forum is quite confusing since it's TC and AP and I guess AP is quite new and most of the mods are only for the TC. What exactly is the difference between the two and should I just go ahead and play TC over AP?

Cutflood

Post by Cutflood » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 08:47

So far I've just got a few installed mods myself

Cycrow - the cheat package 1.62 (duh;)
Apricots HQ patch (Massive Cargo)
Immersive enviroments 1.1 (Awesome thus far)
Apricots Salvage package (not sure yet if the jump to derelict works)
gz missle display (why isn't this a "vanilla" ware)

I don't give a rats a$$ about vanilla. I'm all about maximizing fun factor.

Speaking of which, I'm trying to create a ship that has the max amount of turrets and main guns allowable, compatible with all weapon and missile types, and a bunch of other things ;) Any ships that are AP compatible and are like my wish ship?
I have already started with X3 Editor 2, X-Universe Plugin Manager Advanced 1.40. Trying to figure out how to create my own ship mod. I'm fine with just editing a nilla ship to my spec's.

BUT- This game is one of the funnest I have EVER played. I'm glad to see that this games modding community is still going strong.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 09:26

A shameless plug I know... :roll:

X:TC/AP Background Mod - IEX 1.0c (24/12/2011)

Minor bug/feature update should be out in a week or so.

mic6

Post by mic6 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 18:32

Thanks for all the suggestions, many of those mods does sound pretty interesting.

Barklight
x4

Post by Barklight » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 09:08

Here's the list that I'm using. I went kinda light on the mods this time around because I'm happily waiting for updates or releases that have kinks worked out :)

Bonus Package (a must!)
IEX (Immersive Environments + AP content update)
Smart Turrets
CheatCollectioonPackage (yep)
Salvage Command Suite
Bounce
Saturn Complex Hub (haven't tested yet, but having it loaded didn't break anything)
Rename Ships With Expression

I also have Tenk's M6 Normandy mod, haven't tried adding it in yet. Some say it works and some are having issues. We'll see :)
Insert something witty here, some day...

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 09:29

XRM Albion Prelude. The best and most comprehensive mod for TC and AP.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304158

Stay tuned, just a few more days till AP version release!
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

kardz
x3ap

Post by kardz » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 23:51

Is there a script that allows me to hotkey the freighter scanning? It's quite annoying to have to click through all those menus just to see if the ship has illegal goods or not

radical7
x3tc

mine is the best

Post by radical7 » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 18:25

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=314675

my script, not a mod, ofter a new ways to play, as yaki or pirate, and even capture the whole universe , it also give acces to all missing ship, guns, hub, hq....etc...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”