AP: Converting passengers into marines

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AL'42
x3tc

AP: Converting passengers into marines

Post by AL'42 » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 15:04

I went to a pirate station and converted passengers into slaves, then went to rehab facility, sold the slaves but no marines came up on the menu.

Also went to the rehab facility with passengers and slaves, can’t see any way to convert to marines.

I’ve spent an hour on this. Puzzled. I remember from Nuclear Slugs stories, he’d get his marines from bailed pilots. So how’s it done ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 15:09

you sell the slaves off at the rehab facilieis then buy up the marines that are available.

selling slaves wont make marines instantly appear however

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 04:36

How exactly do I convert passengers into slaves? I'm at the pirate anarchy port and I can't seem to do it gents, any help?

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 04:44

Rehab is like any other factory I think - resource is slaves - product is marines - ie it takes time to 'make' them.

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 04:56

Sorry - I should be clearer.

I currently have 460 Passengers - I need to convert those into slaves first.

How do I do so? I currently do not have the option and I have docked at Rehab , Pirate anarchy ports and Pirate Bases.

I have also tried to convert directly from freight- as you do with captured pilots. No go.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 05:10

The sorts of generic "passengers" you get from boarding civilan ships can't be "enslaved" -- only those with individual names.

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 05:11

Ah, well then. Spacing it is! Thanks!

Unless I can sell them somewhere.. anywhere? Maybe I'll transfer them to my HQ once that is in AP as "admin personnel" ;p

garv222

Post by garv222 » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 05:42

Sam97531 wrote:Sorry - I should be clearer.

I currently have 460 Passengers - I need to convert those into slaves first.

How do I do so? I currently do not have the option and I have docked at Rehab , Pirate anarchy ports and Pirate Bases.

I have also tried to convert directly from freight- as you do with captured pilots. No go.

damn....460 slaves? You dump them all into a massive slave barge and let them breed or something? Personally I would save those slaves for some of those crazy pirate missions asking for slaves. I'd love to do them, except my unwanted passengers almost never make it to slave status. I just get too many laughs ejecting them in front of other ships at the last moment.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 15:30

Where do slaves come from? There are missions to grab hundreds or thousands of them, and I have yet to find one.

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 15:38

Bobucles wrote:Where do slaves come from? There are missions to grab hundreds or thousands of them, and I have yet to find one.
shoot a small ship till the pilot ejects , claim the ship and sell , pick up the pilot and go to pirate base there is enslave option in your freight then

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 15:51

Bobucles wrote:Where do slaves come from? There are missions to grab hundreds or thousands of them, and I have yet to find one.
You have to stockpile them, have them already on hand, to be able to do those missions.

Datalinks
x3tc

Post by Datalinks » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 00:02

Cycrow wrote:you sell the slaves off at the rehab facilieis then buy up the marines that are available.

Do I understand this correctly, that the passenger I turn into a slave at the Pirate Base simply becomes a resource (like Energy Cells) for the Rehabilitation Facility?

And further, that the "passenger to marine" process does not really turn the passenger into a marine, but simply helps the process of getting a new random marine appearing for hire at the Rehabilitation Facility; i.e. the passenger's original name won't carry over to the marine?

Sometimes I get a stubborn pilot flying a ship I would really like to hijack (e.g. Nova Prototype). So, instead of destroying the ship, I let the pilot fly to a shipyard for repairs, and I try getting the pilot to bail again. This "cycle" can go on for quite some time, and when the pilot finally bails, it would be a sweet "payback" for all the troubles to have this particular pilot enlisted among my marines.

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 00:09

As far as I am aware, that's how it works and it is annoying isn't it!

I personally like the idea of giving some innocent Boron courier the fright of his life and make him jump his ship, then enslave him and turn him to one of my space marines while keeping his original name...unfortunately you can't do that.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 00:11

Datalinks wrote:
Cycrow wrote:you sell the slaves off at the rehab facilieis then buy up the marines that are available.

Do I understand this correctly, that the passenger I turn into a slave at the Pirate Base simply becomes a resource (like Energy Cells) for the Rehabilitation Facility?

And further, that the "passenger to marine" process does not really turn the passenger into a marine, but simply helps the process of getting a new random marine appearing for hire at the Rehabilitation Facility; i.e. the passenger's original name won't carry over to the marine?

Sometimes I get a stubborn pilot flying a ship I would really like to hijack (e.g. Nova Prototype). So, instead of destroying the ship, I let the pilot fly to a shipyard for repairs, and I try getting the pilot to bail again. This "cycle" can go on for quite some time, and when the pilot finally bails, it would be a sweet "payback" for all the troubles to have this particular pilot enlisted among my marines.
thats correct yes, Slaves are just a standard ware not like passengers, so they dont keep thier names or anything.

if you wanted something where you can train the pilot into a marine, then u could look in the script and modding forum

Datalinks
x3tc

Post by Datalinks » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 00:22

Thanks for the swift reply, Cycrow! :thumb_up:

Vyrebird
x4

Post by Vyrebird » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 14:01

Datalinks wrote:And further, that the "passenger to marine" process does not really turn the passenger into a marine, but simply helps the process of getting a new random marine appearing for hire at the Rehabilitation Facility; i.e. the passenger's original name won't carry over to the marine?
There's a "passenger to marine" process talked about somewhere (the manual, maybe?) that does not actually exist in-game. In AP, marine/mercenary-production-facilities seem to care about their Resources more, and so thereby you now have some small degree of "passenger-to-marine" process, but not in the way people tend to be hoping/expecting.

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 02:42

Are you able to sell marines? I've been buying the (1) - (20) ones to get rid of them, but not sure what to do with them other than space them and shoot them.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 03:20

You can "sell" them by taking them to a pirates base and enslaving them through your freight menu.

It's not enough money to be worth the trouble unless you're stockpiling slaves for those pirate delivery missions. (On that note: slaves are legal in Split space, so you can park your prisoner ship there. Or keep them in the holds of fighters docked to another ship to avoid scanning.)

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 03:34

I tried to do that, found a Rehab center but they won't let me dock. Instead I've been buying cheapo TPs, filling their holds with Fail Marines™ and selling that back. :) Seem to get something for the trouble.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 03:43

Pirate base, not rehab center. I don't think you can do it at anarchy ports, either -- just the bases.

You could always just throw them at ships, too. As long as you've got a few heavy hitters to pull the weight, it only takes a dozen or so boardings to get a marine from zero skill to 100.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”