[MAP] [X3TC] Vanilla Universe Map v1.2 for X3TC V3.2

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

runaway101
x4

[MAP] [X3TC] Vanilla Universe Map v1.2 for X3TC V3.2

Post by runaway101 » Wed, 6. Jul 11, 19:44

Hi all,

Like many of you I've benefited hugely from this fantastic community over the years of the X games,
so I thought it was about time I gave a little back. Here is my modest submission.

==============

X3TC Sector Maps Excel - v1.3 for X3TC v3.2 (Includes Steam DLC sector)

==============

This map is a redesign of one created by Nicholas Kabourakis.

-I've been using this map myself for a few years now and have finally got around to asking for Nicholas' permission to release it on the forums.

-Its a simple .xls spreadsheet, gives you a plain black and white map, a full colour map and some little extras, a printer colour check page, and a resource flow chart.

-I find the beauty of this map is it can be completely customised to the individual, don't like Argon space represented as yellow? So change it :wink:

-Each map will print out on a single sheet of A4, I recommend using a low gloss photo paper.

SPOILER WARNING: THIS MAP SHOWS ALL SECTORS IN THE GAME, INCLUDING THOSE 'CREATED' BY MISSIONS.

I hope you like the map, and I would appreciate any constructive comments on how it could further be improved.

==============
Version History

1.3 - 08/01/12

- X3TCv3.2
- Added Terran Orbital Patrol Docks to Terran Sectors with EQ Dock icon.

==============

1.2 (Initial public release) - 06/07/11

- Updated for 3.1.1
- Added Steam DLC sector

==============
Last edited by runaway101 on Sat, 11. Feb 12, 16:17, edited 2 times in total.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 21:59

Just wanted to say that from all maps I've seen - this one is the best. And the reasons are simple, not only it's handy, nicely done, has all system map letter abbreviations for quick map system ingame selection, but it also has black&white version, handy for b&w laser printer A4 printout. Great work!

And before you say - this thread is in sticky - no necromancy here ; )

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 22:17

/agree

However, the Terran sectors are incomplete and don't show the sectors where their equipment docks/shipyards/special facilities are located. Not a huge problem to edit for oneself, though.

runaway101
x4

Post by runaway101 » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 22:29

lol, must have missed the Terran sectors, not a place I often visit. I'll address that and hopefully have a new release next weekend.

If there have been any new sectors/changes in Albion prelude would someone mind pm'ing me then details? I don't have it and at the moment I don't intend to get it.

thank you for the compliments and feedback :-)

runaway101
x4

Post by runaway101 » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 00:33

v1.3 released (I had a spare 10 mins)

Now I remember why I didn't do that before, most of the Terran Sectors have "Orbital Patrol Docks" in them, equivalent to EQ Docks, seemed a little redundant. The shipyards and military bases were already there. As for the logistics docks, which can probably be considered as a limited Trading Post, I haven't included Trade Stations for any of the other systems and don't have room to without losing consistency.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 01:59

runaway101 wrote:v1.3 released (I had a spare 10 mins)

Now I remember why I didn't do that before, most of the Terran Sectors have "Orbital Patrol Docks" in them, equivalent to EQ Docks, seemed a little redundant. The shipyards and military bases were already there. As for the logistics docks, which can probably be considered as a limited Trading Post, I haven't included Trade Stations for any of the other systems and don't have room to without losing consistency.
Outstanding! A very, very nice thing for you to do, there! Much appreciated. Though, it's not hard to remember the Terran Sectors, as I work with them a lot in my game, it's very nice to have a map that actually has useable information for them! New players starting the game with Terran Starts will be thankful! Just as I am.

Thanks again!

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 08:23

GOOD JOB!!

Finaly a map that is not locked, so anyone may edit it. Never understood the scope of locking anyway. Now I am able to make an XRM map, for example.

regards

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 12:52

Nicoman35 wrote:GOOD JOB!!

Finaly a map that is not locked, so anyone may edit it. Never understood the scope of locking anyway. Now I am able to make an XRM map, for example.
Now you're talking friend! XRM -desperately- needs good map, one and only it has in color /and w. tiny letters and incomprehensible markings is pretty much useless printed out.

If you could do that and post it here or ask Paul to post link in first post of XRM thread that would be more then awesome. Many people would be grateful.

runaway101
x4

Post by runaway101 » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 13:09

If you want to make it and post it here I'll add it to the header post with credit.

Erenar
x4

Post by Erenar » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 20:12

I'm gonna take a look at making the AP and possibly TC XRM maps... will think about it while I am making my chilli... just created a new start save with all sectors shown so easy enough to do from that. I want to be a little anal though and do a map with roids and sunlight as well but that could be a while as I also wanna play :P

Will let you know how progress is going once i get started :P

Erenar
x4

Post by Erenar » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 15:24

So finally come back to this... updated map with new systems, locations, links, ownerships... just doing the MSYs, CSYs, PARs, EQs etc atm and will release the AP version standalone probably a little later.

TC will be a way down the road, if ever, and if I do it I will have removed the shortcuts due to sector additions throwing it all out of whack.

Erenar
x4

Post by Erenar » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 18:53

XRM:AP Map

For versions: XRM 1.17d and X3AP 1.1

https://rapidshare.com/files/1515095143/XRM-AP_Map.xlsx (5.4Mb)

Let me know if xlsx is a bad format for you, I also saved to 97-03 xls format. Filesize is a little larger and it complained about some changes that would not save yet I can't see what it had a problem with.

For those who want a colour and mono printable version, use the following link:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1056589580/XRM-AP_Map.xlsx (10.76Mb)
Last edited by Erenar on Sat, 11. Feb 12, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 21:24

Good work man :)

:D :thumb_up:

One small remark though, one of best features of old map is that it could be printed out in b&w /laser printer. You should probably include b&w model on page two but that's something we could easily solve out for ourselves.

Erenar
x4

Post by Erenar » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 22:07

Good plan, will sort it tonight or tomorrow :)

Erenar
x4

Post by Erenar » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 22:46

Updated Deca :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”