[X3AP] Ship/sector stats/maps (WIP)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 13:24

Wow maaaan :D
and I mean it :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

DonVincenzo
x4

Post by DonVincenzo » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 14:49

Pretty awesome job Roguey :)

One small thing though Hollow Infinity is East from Queen's Retribution not West.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 16:16

Here some things you might want to fix too
  • Twisted Skies shows a connections to CEOs Wellspring in the universe map but it has none.
    In the sector map its correct, as in only working south gate.
  • 2 TOAs missing in the Aldrin sector map, there is a total of 6 gates, only 4 atm.
  • Sector East of Mists of Elysium is set as Unknown in universe map, should be renamed to Quiet Tides
  • Sector north of M148 is also marked as Unknown, should be renamed to Enduring Light
Its very nice done and I like that you can click to neighbouring sectors like going through gates, but I miss a "back to universe map" link in the sector map view. Other than that sits nicely done, good job :-)

MFG

Ketraar

PS.: EJ made a list of "changes" here that may help traking down additional stuff.

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 18:11

In regards to the jump beacons, argon forces killed the one in Saturn (one of the rogue spawns u get if there's a war announcement and your sitting in Saturn) but it re spawned a few IG hours later so its possible the ones that are missing in your universe will re spawn.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 22:34

DonVincenzo wrote:One small thing though Hollow Infinity is East from Queen's Retribution not west
Ah, that was in the X3TC map too - in both cases that's been fixed.
Ketraar wrote:Here some things you might want to fix too
All done apart from the two missing gates in Aldrin. My script only exported up-to 4 gates per sector, hence why 2 are missing. I will manually add them tomorrow. Thanks for the link to the change list - although might of helped a bit eariler - oh well. gave me something to read :P
Legionos wrote:In regards to the jump beacons, argon forces killed the one in Saturn (one of the rogue spawns u get if there's a war announcement and your sitting in Saturn) but it re spawned a few IG hours later so its possible the ones that are missing in your universe will re spawn.
Ah I see. Did it re-spawn in the same place? it does suggest they are randomized at the start of each game, so I cant really add jump-beacon information to the sector maps.

@all thanks all for all the advice and comments... oh btw, if you want to return to the universe map (whilst in a sector map) just click on 'sectors' on the navbar :)

many thanks,
happy new year
- Roguey
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 23:48

Yes it did

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 00:23

What are the co-ordinates?

Do they match mine?
Saturn; 44.7 / 14.9 / -10.7
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 02:54

No, and ive just checked your JB list and none of mine are in the same positions as yours.

DonVincenzo
x4

Post by DonVincenzo » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 12:46

Roguey, I've got a pirate base not mentioned on your map in Unknown Sector East from Unseen Domain.

Coordinates:
-73.4km
-203m
-27.0km

Speaking of Unseen Domain I'm missing the two Solar Power Plant (not sure if it's an act of GoD) and the Snail Ranch is not located at the same coordinates:
-47.2km
-12.6km
-14.1km

Guess the Pirate Base in Spring of Belief got relocated as well.
Again, not sure if GoD can do that or not :|

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 13:15

The PBs shown on the map will be the start positions, the local military has a habit of blasting these and they appear at random locations.
We went through that in TC.
Thus your locations are unique.
It is annoying when you're trying pick up Marines chasing around the galaxy for Pirate Bases that simply don't exist when you arrive... :rant:

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

DonVincenzo
x4

Post by DonVincenzo » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 14:46

Whoops my bad! :oops:

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 11:53

Roguey, you've listed the Chokaro as unbuyable, but it can be bought from the Yaki shipyard. there's also an Advanced Chokaro you haven't listed (or there was in TC, and I think I've seen one in AP), which can't be bought but is boardable; I think it can hold more ships but I don't recall what other differences it might have from the base model.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 12:05

@DonVincenzo @Ripskar
Sounds like jump-beacon information cant be added to the sector maps then. If they are random for each game, then theres no way to add this info.

@infy dev
Are yaki ships actually buy-able? Do they not require a high rank with the Yaki, which is near impossible to earn?

Ware information added:
I have added the ware information to the X3AP site. Okay, I did it a lazy way and simply imported the ware tables from X3TC, however nothing has changed between X3TC and X3AP. You may ask why add this information to the X3AP site then?... well the ware pages uses the sector and dock information from X3AP, telling where things can be brought from in X3AP. I guess it might help some people with ware information too.

ie. if you wanted to find out where a bio-scanner was sold, just look here... or say you were looking where to get a jump-drive, just look here. I know there are few times you ask: where can I buy a <item>? So hopefully the ware pages should help with this.

- Roguey's X3AP ware information,

I hope it helps,

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 12:11

Roguey wrote:@infy dev
Are yaki ships actually buy-able? Do they not require a high rank with the Yaki, which is near impossible to earn?
I just bought three of them; they're my UT ship of choice (as described elsewhere).

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 12:19

As Terran you have access to the Shipyard from the start, don't know about Argon but I'm flying a Chokaro now.
The page on the jumpdrive doesn't list Elysium of Light?

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 12:34

Ripskar wrote:As Terran you have access to the Shipyard from the start, don't know about Argon but I'm flying a Chokaro now.
likewise with Poisoned Paranid, which is the start I'm using - this is also true in TC.

I also had access to Duke's Haven without hacking it, although nobody has bothered to tell the defenders so when I visit I have to race in ahead of the missiles.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 13:37

Ah thanks, yaki ships have been updated and dock information on both yaki station (in Senator Bad Lands) has been added.

ChristensenCT
x4

Post by ChristensenCT » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 05:23

Roguey, thanks for taking the time to put all of this information on the website, I've been using it almost every time I launch X3AP.

Anyway, if you don't mind the suggestion, the Unknown Sector you have listed West of Rhy's Desire should be called Rhy's Crusade.

Also, are you aware of any sector not already listed on your map? I hit them all and my profile says I've visited 237 sectors but I have yet to get the "Traveler" achievement in Steam.

Finally (almost done), I have included a save file with full access to Terran/ATF and Yaki shipyards if you are so inclined to update your ship availability and price listing. Hope this helps! http://www.filedropper.com/x06

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 11:06

The output from Scorps Map shows the Hub Sector, though there is no way to reach it yet.

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

ChristensenCT
x4

Post by ChristensenCT » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 11:09

@Ripskar Impossible! How am I supposed to get my achievement?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”