X3: Terran Conflict or X3: Albion Prelude?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Agentmass
x4

X3: Terran Conflict or X3: Albion Prelude?

Post by Agentmass » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 00:59

So I just bought the X super pack and I was wondering which game I should play. I was going to play Albion Prelude since its the newest, but then I heard about the stock exchange. I heard that it was way too easy to make money and almost exploitable. So, because of this, should I play Albion Prelude, or stick with Terran Conflict?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 01:11

I'd start with TC since it has more "stories". AP supposedly will get a patch soonish to fix some "issues".

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 01:12

TC has a much more hardcore exploit in the form of nividium that far exceeds that of the stock exchange.

the money made from the stock exchange by playing it for an hour is negligible compared to the money that can be earned by nividium in 5 minutes.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Agentmass
x4

Post by Agentmass » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 01:13

And AP fixes this issue that TC had with the money exploit? Also, I never really cared much for story anyways.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 01:14

the money made from cloning in TC is much more than nvidium, as theres no waiting, instant money for nothing

but then, these exploits are easily avoiding if you dont want to use them

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 01:15

Agentmass wrote:And AP fixes this issue that TC had with the money exploit? Also, I never really cared much for story anyways.
might as well play AP, it is a much better sandbox experience.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Agentmass
x4

Post by Agentmass » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 01:22

Could you please tell me how its better? I have looked around on info about this game but could not find much. D:

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 01:29

aggressive AI
less exploits
streamlined and optimized
more sane OOS battle results
ships dont feel like they're made out of paper

Ducci
x3tc

Post by Ducci » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 02:56

I'm playing TC (with some mods) a bit until I get more familiar with the universe, then I'll switch over to AP when it gets patched since I get crashes often. (Yes, even without the mods in TC)

Agentmass
x4

Post by Agentmass » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 03:00

I will try Albion Prelude. I played Terran Conflict a bit before, but not for a long time.

KongRudi
x3tc

Post by KongRudi » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 03:27

TC is much better game for beginners. :)
Much more to do, with lots of plots, and most of the of the non-terran lasers are too weak now, when you get down to the hull.

It's better to start AP when you've gotten around to figure out how you build a missile-complex or two.

Agentmass
x4

Post by Agentmass » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 04:07

But don't I have to start over from scratch after being done with TC? And, I will have to re-learn AP from the beginning.

Also, what do you mean by more things to do?

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 06:17

Start with TC. If you do not know how to configure your ship, you will die quickly in AP. (turrets and missile defense)
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 07:22

Agentmass wrote:But don't I have to start over from scratch after being done with TC? And, I will have to re-learn AP from the beginning.

Also, what do you mean by more things to do?
TC has a fairly considerable number of plots available for you to do, and some are quite lengthy (but enjoyable all the way through)

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 08:55

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

Agentmass
x4

Post by Agentmass » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 08:59

I see. So TC is good because the plot teaches you about the game. And then AP is good for when you have learned and want to play sandbox. Right? ^^

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 03:44

Both are good for sandbox, but AP is more unforgiving for a player new to the game.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

HamishAlexander

Post by HamishAlexander » Wed, 14. Nov 12, 20:56

AP is newer, more optimized version with some nice additions (unexperienced player won't really care about them). But TC got plot.

There is a mod enabling TC plot in Albion Prelude - i don't know if it works flawlessly, but if it is - it's obviously a great answer to your question. If not - play TC first.

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Wed, 14. Nov 12, 22:36

If you are new to the X series or haven't played X3:TC yet, just start/play TC. AP has some new features which are sometimes a double-edged sword.

AP as already said is more like a sandbox. You can "play war" little bit better (but there is one faction less in the game...), with some features you can skip "early game". There are alot less longtime goals in AP and when i had to choose, I would like to play (Vanilla) TC with some AP improvements (but sadly thats impossible)

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 14. Nov 12, 22:50

I would like to second playing AP with the TC plot imported. You get the best of both words!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”