New to the game - Help?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kruxxor

New to the game - Help?

Post by Kruxxor » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 20:28

Heya guys, I am new to the X3 series, I downloaded them from Steam today and tried to give the game a go.

I wanted to start with the Prelude to get the Steam achievement, but I have several questions about it.

First of all, I'm trying to pass the flight tutorial, but I have issues catching up to the Flight School Buster, it seems his ship moves at 40, mine at 37, so he steadily moves away from me constantly (Plus the movement speed feels very slow itself, it takes ages to get anywhere, which I assume is for immersion)

Secondly, when I finally caught up to him, he told me to shoot some debris, but the CTRL buttons did nothing, neither did the right click (As it tells me in controls) instead the debris got too close and I picked it up.

Now I can't find the Flight School Buster anywhere and I fear it's going to take me another 30 minutes to get back to that part of the tutorial.

Thank you.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 20:38

eh........
what are the questions?

and dont worry about the tutorial, you get lilpopups in blue screens telling you how to do the stuff the flight school wouldve told you.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

klingens

Post by klingens » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 20:39

Sounds like you fly a freighter which has no guns. Combat ships are all much faster than 40, which is extremely slow. Use a different start. However, the tutorial is not really needed if you have ever played another space sim, imho

Kruxxor

Post by Kruxxor » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 21:07

I chose the guy at the beginning to play on easy, as it's my first time at this sort of game.

So if I start on normal instead, I will get a faster ship and have guns? I'll give it a try, thank you!

Kruxxor

Post by Kruxxor » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 21:50

Well, I tried again, seems as though the first time I tried to do it, I knocked my ship, reducing it's speed.

However this time I did not knock my ship at all, but my ship still has no lasers or missiles. I can't seem to buy any at a station, so I am stuck on my combat training mission.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 21:55

restart as the bankrupt assassin.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 21:56

If you want the achivment very easy. start a new game and choose the bankrupt assasin start. This gives you a very good ship with weapons. When you start, ignore eveything and head for the nearest red ship and keep fireing untill the shields ae gone and the hull is 93% or less. then keep nibbling at the hull untill it bails or is destroyed. rinse and repeat.

Then start a new game properly.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”