cheats package for AP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jin ko82
x3tc

cheats package for AP

Post by jin ko82 » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 01:59

first i want to say that i dont know anything advanced about games and stuff like scripts. with that said i tried to download the cheat package but after i clicked on it and it popped up at the bottom of my Chrome browser. i clicked on it and a pop up came up saying that it couldn't open the file and it asked me if i wanted to search the internet or look it up myself (im sure you have seen this before). any ideas on what im doing wrong? remember any answers have to be in the most basic form as if talking to a child (which i am not i just never learned about this kind of stuff)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 02:21

Well for starters this could do with being in the right forum. Moved. ;)

jin ko82
x3tc

Post by jin ko82 » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 02:32

soooorrryyy mr admin i iz teh noob when it comes to forums

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 04:02

This will be the thread you need :)

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216691
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

jin ko82
x3tc

Post by jin ko82 » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 04:33

ok smart arse (jk) i dont have the plug in manager so i clicked to link in the post -> clicked download and then it gave me this.

Not Found

The requested URL /XPluginManager_Setup.exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

any other sites?

jin ko82
x3tc

Post by jin ko82 » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 04:40

disregard my last. i found a new site and downloaded it. but now all i can get is the scripts for X3TC and not AP. any ideas?

MarcusX3
x4

Ill jump in for the poor fella

Post by MarcusX3 » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 05:52

ok first off....

try not to use scripts, if you want to preseve the full experiance, and yes it takes a while. and ive blown myself up many many times, yes its frusterating
try not to cheat if you can help it.

People are making scripts as we speak im sure for Albion Prelude. However nothing is official.
Give it time and have patience.

The other option is to use the activating scripts editor approach, useing chage player name to "Thereshallbewings" exactly and you will note a short hesitation, this is normal.

When you are in the ship and open the command menu Shift +C usually again you look down on the list of options you will note a new option
"Script Editor"
activating this will cause you to lose some of the joy and fun in doing it all yourself, i think stream also overwrites any chages so be aware. They may also consider it achivement voiding.

under script tasks statistics...(ignore)

you find script editor... activate it

locate the very first script listed usually "galaxy.Example.initplayership"

highlight it by moving your mouse over it usually
pressing R for run script
this will do a few things. add two ships under your control
and give you 1000 c
if you curious open it up and check the values they can be altered to your needs.

if you dont care keeping a vergin game then dig in. otherwise wait for script packs for the exact spacific game. Happy flying...

oh also if your brave and dont cheat try to scoop up missles from battles, a very good cash earner in omicron lyre, just have a sharp eye and keep away from scray battle missles flying your way. i earned 32k x 4 in one drop thats about 1 minute of work if your close
nice expensive missles...
if your curious and want to learn, look over this script and its values.
'Endless money forms the sinews of war' cicero

jin ko82
x3tc

Post by jin ko82 » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 07:06

i changed my name to Thereshallbewings and nothing changed. i already beat the campaign (i think) and i gust want to have fun now.

slowpokex4

Post by slowpokex4 » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 15:21

Ok, you will need to get the latest Cycrow [BETA] X Plugin Manager Lite : 1.40 Beta 12 : 18/12/2011 which works with X3: AP, run it and set it up to correctly point to your X3AP.exe directory.
Then you will need to look over his X3 scripts list and then install the X3: AP cheat package and when you download the file, since you have installed the X Plugin Manager it will automatically ask to open and install the file, choose to let it install.
Now, load up the saved game that you want to play, then make sure that you correctly changed the name of your pilot to Thereshallbewings, as the delay between pressing a letter and it actually registering in game is at times insanely slow.
Next, save the game and load up the game that you have just saved. Since the cheat menu is likely not bound to a hotkey yet you will need to press ESC, to bring up the Options menu. Then click on the Controls option, then on the Interface tab, and then scroll down to the cheat menu option and bind a key(s) to the option and hit apply.
Everything should be golden after that, just open up the cheat menu and try it out.

Cycrow Links:

[BETA] X Plugin Manager Lite : 1.40 Beta 12 : 18/12/2011
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=256718

[SCRIPT] X3TC Cheat Package : v1.62 : Updated: 18/12/2011 (AP Compatible)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216691

[COLLECTION] My [Cycrow] TC Script Collection
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=246321

Most of the recently updated X3: TC 2.5+ mods should work for X3: AP out of the box, if they don't add/use commands that conflict with the X3: AP fleet commands that use to be used by the old mods.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”