[Script][TC] Yalamandis Corp. ship construction v0.7 (11.Feb.2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Marvelous3175
x3tc

[Script][TC] Yalamandis Corp. ship construction v0.7 (11.Feb.2012)

Post by Marvelous3175 » Thu, 8. Dec 11, 18:12

Yalamandis Corp. ship construction

many things have changes and not everything in this post is still correct See here for information about the latest version

It doesn't seem to work in AP 2.0 anymore, but I don't have the time to look for the problem right now ....

This small Script/Plugin places a new Teladi shipyard (the big one) in the universe. With a hotkey you are able to order a new ship of any race or shiptype you want. You can equip and arm it in a menu with any available weapon or ware that can be installed on that ship.
There is no limit in the number of ships, just the maximum money on your account. After some time the ship/ships will be available on that shipyard. (The time increases when you order bigger ships or equip them with more equipment.)

prices:
Everything costs 15% extra, engine/cargo/ruder tunings and shields will always equiped to the maximum.

intention
a bit shorter than the german version:
I never wanted to equip a Codea Fleet with my own hands and got tired of flying around the universe to equip my ships with that damn transporter and the jumpdrive. :roll:

Installation/Order
- Download this
Download v0.7

Alternative download link from xdownloads:
[ external image ]

- unzip
- copy script and t folder in your game folder
- Start the Plugin in the "Artificial Life" settings (creates shipyard and products)
(at the first start always answer with yes when you are asked "reset the list with available shiptypes ?")
- assign hotkey
- press it

p.s. The game must be modified to use this. If your game isn't already *modified*, type in "Thereshallbewings" as your Playername.

about the Script
- uses t-file and log-file id #8367
- they are available in English and German
- should work with the most scripts/mods and uses all their new ships and wares (that are equipment) BUT it need the big Teladi shipyard (model replacement should be OK if thats another shipyard where every shiptype can be docked)
- if you order more than 4 bigships No.5 and higher can only undock OOS
- you will be asked if the price and the building time is ok for you before the order will be processed

Changes with v0.6
To be able to buy every ship from the start? No that's boring, so I have changed the system of the script.

If you start/restart the script in v0.6 you are asked if you want to reset the list with all available shiptypes. If you want to keep the former list you answer 'No'. If you want to start from scratch or start the script for the very first time you answer with 'Yes'.
The list of ships that you can order from the Yalamandis Shipyard is now empty (with three exceptions).

To fill the list just dock a ship that you own and that is not in the list at the shipyard and you will be asked if you want to hand the ship over.
Say yes and the ship will be dismantled and added to the list. You will get the price that you had to pay for that ship at a race shipyard +2% as a reward. That will only work with new ships that aren't already in the list of buyable ships.
(Beware you don't get money for shields or weapons, but it doesn't matter if the ship's damaged.)

Where you got that ship from doesn't matter.
If you don't like boarding use the NPC Bailing Addon from ThisIs Harsh.
Or else (possibility that this script gives you):
Spoiler
Show
There is a slight chance that you will be asked to buy a new ship that isn't already in the list. This can be a ship that isn't available in any other shipyard, but it doesn't have to be.

Update
v0.7:
See here
----------------------------------------------------------
The only change in v0.63:
v0.63
- added the races Unknown, Neutrals, Enemys, Friends (are used by some mods)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
New in v0.62:
- A menu pops up at the start where you can choose the location of the shipyard and a few other things...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bugfix in v0.61:
- it's no longer possible to dismantle more than one ship at a time to prevent mistakes (three times the same shiptype and the same amount of money for everey ship)
v0.61
Downloadlink 2

--------------------------------
New in v0.6:
- fixed the price bug: most of the ships were to cheap some were to expensive
- no more notoriety needed
(you just have to be friends with the Teladi. If you're not pay 5 Mio. Cr. and they make you a friend)
- new concept: look at "Changes with v0.6"
----------------------
New in 0.5:
- You can now save your chosen equipment in ten available slots.

Be careful with the ship classes. Do not use a list that was made for an M2 for an M5, that means for a ship with a lower transport class.
You have to pay for the good but don't get it if it doesn't fit on that ship

- tested with TC and AP, no problems found
----------------------------
New in v0.4:
- turned the equip list, the more or less useless stuff should be at the end of the list
- changed the weapons menu to "select value" type:
you can now select different weapons for each turret (if you use MARS)

little warning: the script doesn't check if theres enough cargo space on your ship, weapons that are too big to fit in won't be equipped but your money is gone

and at last
Just tell me if you find bugs, even if its a mistake with the english translation.

Edit [1st December 2015]: added alternative download link from xdownloads. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by Marvelous3175 on Sat, 14. Apr 12, 18:21, edited 16 times in total.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Thu, 8. Dec 11, 22:22

sounds good, how would this work with mods like XRM ect?

Marvelous3175
x3tc

Post by Marvelous3175 » Thu, 8. Dec 11, 23:50

I can't see any problems with XRM.
All that the script needs is the Teladi shipyard.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Thu, 8. Dec 11, 23:52

So would the shipyard include the weps+shields which r added by XRM?

Edit: sorry just spotted it in the description :P

Vyruz
x4

Post by Vyruz » Fri, 9. Dec 11, 08:29

hehehe makin us pirates an easy life, huh :P

gonna try this out over the weekend, an very interesting script you made =)

Marvelous3175
x3tc

Post by Marvelous3175 » Tue, 13. Dec 11, 20:51

a little Update
New in v0.4:
- turned the equip list, the more or less useless stuff should be at the end of the list
- changed the weapons menu to "select value" type:
you can now select different weapons for each turret (if you use MARS)

little warning: the script doesn't check if theres enough cargo space on your ship, weapons that are too big to fit in won't be equipped but your money is gone

nielsw
x4

Post by nielsw » Tue, 13. Dec 11, 23:59

this would be great if you could save named equipment lists.

So you can simply choose a ship and then pick your own custom equipment set.

Only armaments and shields would require manual selection then.

all that carpal tunnel syndrom inducing picking of softwares and stuff would finally be eliminated.

If letting people save named equipment lists is too much work, I guess you could produce some sensible pre-made equipment lists such as:

Fighter wing set
M6 combat set
Carrier set
Salvager set
Trading set
Mining set
Playership set

well, you get the idea...

Playing X3, money is not the problem for me, its too much repetitive fiddling with the gear, and your automated ships tend to get killed often, even if your force outclassed and outnumbered the NPC enemy, you still loose ships frequently in combat and due to the AI randomly smashing them into something .

All this fiddling with gearing up replacement ships taking hours is frankly making me want to play something else.

Your idea definitely goes in the right direction...

I just found even the cheat menu being too cumbersome in the end game, especially since the equipment menu exits after every selection, and usually I end up installing about ~50 items on a ship: with activating the menu, scrolling/page downs and selection, thats like 300 mouse clicks to outfit a single ship.

I might as well go work for an accounting firm and get paid for that much mindless clicking. Spreadsheet programs were at least made for that kind of task.

Marvelous3175
x3tc

Post by Marvelous3175 » Wed, 14. Dec 11, 13:54

nielsw wrote:this would be great if you could save named equipment lists.

So you can simply choose a ship and then pick your own custom equipment set.

Only armaments and shields would require manual selection then.

all that carpal tunnel syndrom inducing picking of softwares and stuff would finally be eliminated.

If letting people save named equipment lists is too much work, I guess you could produce some sensible pre-made equipment lists such as:

Fighter wing set
M6 combat set
Carrier set
Salvager set
Trading set
Mining set
Playership set

well, you get the idea...

Playing X3, money is not the problem for me, its too much repetitive fiddling with the gear, and your automated ships tend to get killed often, even if your force outclassed and outnumbered the NPC enemy, you still loose ships frequently in combat and due to the AI randomly smashing them into something .

All this fiddling with gearing up replacement ships taking hours is frankly making me want to play something else.

Your idea definitely goes in the right direction...

I just found even the cheat menu being too cumbersome in the end game, especially since the equipment menu exits after every selection, and usually I end up installing about ~50 items on a ship: with activating the menu, scrolling/page downs and selection, thats like 300 mouse clicks to outfit a single ship.

I might as well go work for an accounting firm and get paid for that much mindless clicking. Spreadsheet programs were at least made for that kind of task.
I think I can find a way to do this. But first comes X3:AP ;)

Marvelous3175
x3tc

Post by Marvelous3175 » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 00:14

Update to v0.5
- it's now possible to save your equipment in a named list

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 00:39

Very nice. Why is the rep requirement so high? I can understand it for large ships, but it doesn't make sense for the smaller ones. Also, you shouldn't need rep for the pirates because they'd sell to anyone.
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

XeliumXx

Post by XeliumXx » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 03:56

Where is this artificial life setting located?
Where does the station spawn? :S just a random location?

I think I kind of got it almost working? Is it called al.plugin.ship.trader?

When I see it in the script editor menu, what do I do from there? I'm having a hard time getting my ships fitted, it's annoying and this would be great

XeliumXx

Post by XeliumXx » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 04:39

I feel like I'm soo close to freedom! There must be someone who can help =)

XeliumXx

Post by XeliumXx » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 05:43

I can't figure this out at all, I wish someone could help

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 07:06

Whats wrong? You put these folders in your install directory, then go to your control menu, interface, all the way to the bottom and pick a hotkey. That hotkey then lets you get these fighters or whatever.

Some feedback, it'd be nice it didn't use the specific shipyard and instead spawned at the closest shipyard maybe.
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

Marvelous3175
x3tc

Post by Marvelous3175 » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 09:58

The Cuban Nightmare wrote:Very nice. Why is the rep requirement so high? I can understand it for large ships, but it doesn't make sense for the smaller ones.
It's because the shipyard sells secret technology and that means also the smaller shiptypes.

The Cuban Nightmare wrote: Also, you shouldn't need rep for the pirates because they'd sell to anyone.
First: I don't really want to make exceptions for any race
Second: Do they ? In what shipyard ? :D

XeliumXx wrote:Where is this artificial life setting located?
Where does the station spawn? Oops just a random location?
--> It's in the "Gameplay" menu
--> It's spawned near the Big Teladi shipyard, if there's none then near the next normal Teladi shipyard.
But you order with the hotkey not at the shipyard. That means when your order is finished your new ship tells you where it and the shipyard is.

XeliumXx wrote:I can't figure this out at all, I wish someone could help

Is your only problem to find the Artificial Life menu or anything else?
After you started the Plugin just do what The Cuban Nightmare says in the post above.

The Cuban Nightmare wrote: Some feedback, it'd be nice it didn't use the specific shipyard and instead spawned at the closest shipyard maybe.
The shipyard that now is the closest, can later be the farest ;)
Almost every ship can be equipped with a jumpdrive. If not, then the ship is small enough to fit in a hangar.
The position shouldn't be a problem.

XeliumXx

Post by XeliumXx » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 12:06

The Cuban Nightmare wrote:Whats wrong? You put these folders in your install directory, then go to your control menu, interface, all the way to the bottom and pick a hotkey. That hotkey then lets you get these fighters or whatever.

Some feedback, it'd be nice it didn't use the specific shipyard and instead spawned at the closest shipyard maybe.

Great! Thanks! I was always looking in the script editor... Got it working now.. Well not exactly, I'm enemies with Teladi haha.. Gotta change that now ;p

Marvelous3175
x3tc

Post by Marvelous3175 » Wed, 21. Dec 11, 18:19

Update to v0.6
- fixed the price bug: most of the ships were to cheap some were to expensive
- no more notoriety needed
(you just have to be friends with the Teladi. If you're not pay 5 Mio. Cr. and they make you a friend)
- new concept: look at the main post at "Changes with v0.6"

mim525
x3tc

Post by mim525 » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 23:40

Thanks for the mod :thumb_up: now i wont have to fly around for hours to equip an M2

apocalypsefu
x3tc

Post by apocalypsefu » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 11:35

I don't understand how to do this, I docked my ship at the station in PTNI HQ and I got no one asking me if i want to give it up. So I try to sell my ship to the station and thats a no go either. What am I doing wrong?

Marvelous3175
x3tc

Post by Marvelous3175 » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 11:52

apocalypsefu wrote:I don't understand how to do this, I docked my ship at the station in PTNI HQ and I got no one asking me if i want to give it up. So I try to sell my ship to the station and thats a no go either. What am I doing wrong?
In PTNI HQ there's just a normal shipyard.
This adds a new one, most times in "Ceos Spirit". It has a special name and when you dock your ship there, you'll get a message.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”