Albion Prelude - EJ's Big Change List (Spoiler Heavy)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EmperorJon
x3tc

Albion Prelude - EJ's Big Change List (Spoiler Heavy)

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 23:57

All the things that have changed from TC, here in one place. Please post up and I'll list them.

Spoiler Alert!

UI Changes -
Various user interface changes including easier access to commands, such as marine launching.

Graphical Changes -
Removal of nebulae?

Ship Changes -
Addition of advanced M2s, TPs and TSs, some names/models taken from XTC it seems.
Marlin now has a model.
Some possible "drone frigates"?
Some odd looking drones.
The Albion Pride! :P

Universe Changes -
Many of your familiar Unknown Sectors have been claimed.
Some more have appeared.
The North East of the universe is different! Zyarth's Dominion no longer links to Ocean of Fantasy, the Split sector in between them is GONE! It's a dead end Split area up there. Sector descriptions suggest they're trapped and the gates are beginning to fail as the Xenon advance.
Bluish Snout now links to 4 of the "player sectors".
Xenon Core 023 now links through to Xenon sectors connected to Aldrin!
So Heretic's End isn't the ONLY way to the Solar System... ;)
Harmony of Perpetuity is included, and owned by the Goners.

Unknown Sector Changes:
- The 2 Unknown Sectors west then south of Unholy Descent are now owned by the Paranid, and called Emperor's Pride and Unseen Domain respectively.
- Unseen Domain has a Unknown Sector to the east. Very bright star, strange background and decent silicon content.
- Duke's Unknown Sector is now called Lasting Vengeance.
- The Unknown Sector to the south of Menelaus' Oasis is now owned by the Boron and is called Distant Clouds. Very good silicon yield.
- The Unknown Sector to the east of Mists of Elysium is now owned by the Boron and is called Quiet Tides. Pretty boring. Features Pirate Base.
- Clarity's End has a Unknown Sector to the west. Decent mineral contents.
- Legend's Home now has an Unknown Sector to the east. Decent mineral contents.
- Avarice is now named so, and owned by the Teladi.
- The Unknown Sector between M148 and Nathan's Voyage is now officially an Argon sector named Enduring Light.
- The Unknown Sector east of Zyarth's Dominion is now Split owned, called Zyarth's Stand, and also links to a further Split sector.
- The 2 Unknown Sectors between Gaian Star and Maelstrom are now called Mercenaries' Rift and Lost Order, and are Pirate owned.
- Xenon sector "Xenon Sector", near Aldrin, now has an Unknown Sector to the south. VERY good mineral yields but understandably dangerous, especially as Xenon Sector now links to Xenon Core 023.
Last edited by EmperorJon on Sat, 17. Dec 11, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:22

remember theres also a big list of changes in the survival guide

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=311327

BeardyDan
x4

Post by BeardyDan » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:24

Marine capacity has changed for M6/TP to 8 & 40 :o.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 76#3748776

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:28

Shipyards now have a link to upgrade ships even after purchase. That one little link will have a huge affect on my game... I encounter the desire to do this a lot, and now I can! :D

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:36

All ship hulls are increased by factors of anything between 2 and 10. M3s have 20k, Corvettes have in the region of 200k hull points and destroyers can have almost 5 million. Battles are longer, hull strength is more important, and the repair laser is less useful.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:42

Some talk about OOS Combat / Turret Script / Missiles here.

No secrets given away, only the new rules of the game.
CBJ's Survival Guide will most certainly cover these points as well - when he gets around to it.

Some possible "drone frigates"?
Some odd looking drones.
Completely unused in the vanilla game. Any spawning is unintended.

Graphical Changes -
Removal of nebulae?
Graphics options have a view distance setting.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 00:50

Gazz wrote: Completely unused in the vanilla game. Any spawning is unintended.
So, it is time to get on a capture frenzy before ES patches them out ? :)
I also noticed Colossus Haulers flying along with regular Colossuses.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 01:16

kurush wrote:
Gazz wrote: Completely unused in the vanilla game. Any spawning is unintended.
So, it is time to get on a capture frenzy before ES patches them out ? :)
I also noticed Colossus Haulers flying along with regular Colossuses.
:twisted: I have them in my game aswel

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 02:57

I've seen more than a couple Fighter Drone Mk II Haulers in my game, and the description of the Griffon certainly implies it is for Drones.

As well as the Colossus Hauler, you can buy a Panther Raider. I've seen at least one other capital like this, but can't remember what it was.

At least some of the ships that were unique derelicts are available from the big shipyards.

Has anyone got in good with the Yaki yet? I'm dying to know if the Advanced (Prototype?) Chokaro is in.

Also, remember that XTC has some ships (like the Griffon) that were always in the game, just not implemented and that at least some of those ships are now in AP. Although that might explain the oddity that is the Snotra, which ignores the Paranid naming convention (Snotra is Norse, all other Paranid ships are named from Greek mythology).
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 03:09

It's been a while since I played the game properly, but I've not had any joy doing passenger missions remotely - I have had to be docked the stations to get the passengers to get off.

Just watched a Split fleet get melted by a single OWP.

I've actually needed a rear turret in my Kestrel for missile defense too

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 03:32

Xander Cade wrote:I've seen more than a couple Fighter Drone Mk II Haulers in my game, and the description of the Griffon certainly implies it is for Drones.
There are some M4 drones with EBC canons in the game, at least I got a bunch of them on my first mission. I found them cool but didn't have a chance to check whether I can get them somewhere...

Nwah

Post by Nwah » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 04:02

Titans can mount gauss cannons now :D.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 04:04

they always could....
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Nwah

Post by Nwah » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 04:08

Catra wrote:they always could....
What? I could've swore they couldn't.

Sakurabisu
x3tc

Post by Sakurabisu » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 05:35

Just spotted a Pike, and it now has a unique model, rather than being a Mako clone.

KongRudi
x3tc

Post by KongRudi » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 05:51

Saw an ownerless 80% damaged
Spoiler
Show
Khaak scout
, in
Spoiler
Show
Eigtheen Billions
piloted by
Spoiler
Show
unknown object
, so i couldn't claim it.. It had a
Spoiler
Show
Khyon emitter

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 06:00

I flew a Centaur into a medium-sized Terran fighter (6-8 ships, mixed class) and the shields actually held up. The kicker?

I had a single M3 as my wingman at the time, and it survived the fight with no hull damage.

On the flip side, a Claymore accosted my M6 and I found out just how durable AP's torpedoes are. :S Torpedoes and Flail missiles seem to have been toned down in terms of damage, though. So a barrage from a bomber or M7M is no longer a guaranteed death sentence.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Sieg06660
x3tc

Post by Sieg06660 » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 06:57

Presidents end debris is gone
I appologise for any typos bad spelling grammer ing the above post it mainly do to the lack of motivation to correct the problem

garv222

Post by garv222 » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 07:35

Any new weapons? I like the sound of more durable ships. Sounds like I might give this game a shot after they knock out some of the bugs.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 07:37

There are lots of small changes to balance out the lasers (CIG's are actually useable against fighters, for starters), but missiles have been reworked so dramatically they may as well be brand new weapons.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”