Xmas Surprise - X3 Albion Prelude - Now available on Steam!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Xmas Surprise - X3 Albion Prelude - Now available on Steam!

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 11:28

- Bridging the gap between X3:Terran Conflict and the upcoming X:Rebirth
- Improved user interface
- New Stock Exchange feature
- A huge war and lots of new missions and ships!

Egosoft is pleased to announce X3: Albion Prelude, which provides a welcome bridge from the X Universe we know and love to the X Universe that will be experienced in X Rebirth. This new adventure will also feature more than 30 new ships and stations. A new Stock Exchange feature will enable players to speculate in local markets in a bid to increase their wealth. With this will also come tools to monitor and analyse economic developments and progress. Users with high-end machines will also benefit from some improved graphical quality settings. It is important to note that X3: Albion Prelude will NOT feature savegame compatibility with X3: Terran Conflict.

For owners of the X Superbox, X3: Albion Prelude is available as a free download on Steam, while for owners of X3: Terran Conflict it will be available at the 'add-on' price of €9.99. For players new to the series, X3: Terran Conflict and X3: Albion Prelude will soon be available for purchase as a bundle. Time your purchase right and you could enjoy substantial discounts in the Steam holiday sale too!

X3: Albion Prelude is available on Steam for direct download in English, German and French with text and audio, and in Italian and Russian with text only (i.e. English audio). X3: Albion Prelude will also soon be available for MAC OS through the Apple App Store and Deliver2Mac. A boxed retail version of X3: Albion Prelude will also be available for the PC early in 2012.

For more information and exclusive interviews about X3: Albion Prelude please see Edition 46 of the X-Universe News.

Additional Info - added 8 Dec 11

X3: Albion Prelude requires X3:TC to be installed. It is preferable to have a clean (i.e. unmodified) installation, as modified TC files may cause problems with Albion Prelude. X3AP will use a separate savegame folder, so backing up savegames will not be necessary. Consequently, once Albion Prelude is installed you will still have uninterrrupted enjoyment of TC as they will exist side by side. - Toastie

Additional Info - added 9 Dec 11

Steam. If you have a boxed retail version of X3: Terran Conflict or the X-Superbox, you can register it with Steam as explained in this FAQ entry, which also explains how to avoid a large download when you do so. Regarding whether the planned boxed retail version of X3: Albion Prelude will require Steam activation, we do not have a definitive answer to this question at the moment.

Additional Info - added 15 Dec 11

Note that even if you are entitled to a free copy of X3AP because you own the X-Superbox, it will still show up at the usual price in the Steam Store. This is normal, and does not imply that you will have to pay for it; it should simply appear in your Steam Library if you restart your Steam client.

Additional Info - added 20 Dec 11

The Bonus Pack for X3AP is now available for download with support for English, German, French, Italian and Russian.

Steam is now distributing a small (4MB) hotfix for X3AP to fix a couple of small problems that do not require changes to the core code components:

• Fixed freeze/crash in Stock Exchange menu
• Fixed several mission problems
• Fixed achievements "Albion Pride" and "Survivor"
• Fixed issues with missile defence
• Removed incorrect ships from Race Response fleets

This hotfix will not change the version shown in the game EXE properties or in-game.

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:17

Now THIS was worth the wait :D
Altough I wont play it since my PC is far too old (but I will buy/preorder it!), I'm sure gonna do this before XR.

Thank you Egosoft!

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:19

Clicked "Edition 46 of the X-Universe News." and got "404 - Page Not Found " - well that was a surprise, but not the one I was expecting.
:)

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:21

Terre wrote:Clicked "Edition 46 of the X-Universe News." and got "404 - Page Not Found " - well that was a surprise, but not the one I was expecting.
Workes for me.. :?

Toastie
x3tc

Post by Toastie » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:22

Should be ok.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:23

Huh, it might sounds silly of me but the most exciting feature on that list is the "Improved User Interface". If it's good than maybe it will give me hope about the UI in XRebirth.

Btw, the US price will be 9$ yes?

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:24

Vitez wrote:
Terre wrote:Clicked "Edition 46 of the X-Universe News." and got "404 - Page Not Found " - well that was a surprise, but not the one I was expecting.
Workes for me.. :?
I had to flush my browser cache. All appeared like magic. :)
Last edited by Terre on Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

The Mo
x3tc

Post by The Mo » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:27

A question i hope u are allowed to answer: since we see Saya in the trailer, will we be playing Julian again, or at least hear what happened to him?

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:31

As I'm an impatient kitty... :lol:

What if my X Superbox is a physical copy and I want to keep it that way but have the Albion Prelude on steam?

(I'm sure I'm just asking this way too early but hey :P )
I fly an OWP. What about you?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:39

What if my X Superbox is a physical copy and I want to keep it that way but have the Albion Prelude on steam?
You can register your Superbox with Steam and download all X games from Steam again. It's working the same way as registering X3TC with Steam. See [FAQ] How do I register my DVD release of X3TC with Steam?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

GuiltySource
x3ap

Post by GuiltySource » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:42

What? A new X game to play, while waiting for a new X game. This is madness!

metalvenom
x4

Post by metalvenom » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:43

madness???? THIS IS EGOSOFT!!!!! sorry 300 mode kicked in there ;)

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:46

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
You can register your Superbox with Steam and download all X games from Steam again. It's working the same way as registering X3TC with Steam. See [FAQ] How do I register my DVD release of X3TC with Steam?
Thanks for the info.

Since there's not really a cd-key enforcing scheme, I can still use my physical copy to install and play anyway yeah?

Sorry if the question is stupid
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Way to go egosoft

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:53

So their bringing out a nice surprise extension to X3TC. Roll on the 15th so i can download it. :-)

(Go to the Front page. If you don't know what i'm on about.)

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 16:55

Holy .... :D
Can't find it on steam to buy it though I have all X games ,but who cares ,I'll rant about that later in off topic .Now I'm too happy :lol:
X2-Illuminatus wrote:Time your purchase right and you could enjoy substantial discounts in the Steam holiday sale too!
This gotta be the first company that tells people how to get it "get it cheaper" :lol:

Toastie
x3tc

Post by Toastie » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 17:00

AdrianM wrote:Can't find it on steam to buy it though I have all X games ,but who cares ,I'll rant about that later in off topic
It's released on the 15th December, like it says. Today's the 7th. That's why you can't find it to buy it. :)

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 17:02

Egosoft, I apologize for getting angry at the lack of X:R info.
Now to be a little less formal..

OMGWTFBBQ.

And to sum up:

[ external image ]

Edit: Seeing as I put my TC game's code into Steam which made it exactly like a Steam game, will I be able to get it at the 'add-on' price? (that other add-on a couple months ago worked fine)

Also, that small bit about "time it right" and "discounts" - any idea as to when it will be on the Steam Xmas sale?
Last edited by Stars_InTheirEyes on Wed, 7. Dec 11, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

digitalAngst
x3tc

Post by digitalAngst » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 17:07

Thank you Based God. :heuldoch: :tuichdoch:

°dA

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 17:08

I'll admit that that was not something I expected ... :o

Well, life would be boring without real surprises, wouldn't it? And this is a rather nice one :D
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Wed, 7. Dec 11, 17:11

Stars_InTheirEyes wrote:Also, that small bit about "time it right" and "discounts" - any idea as to when it will be on the Steam Xmas sale?
During Christmas sales ...just sayin :roll:

Why would you buy it then?10€ is not that expensive .
You don't deserve a steam account if you don't have at least 10 bucks in your steam wallet for occasions like this one.You never know when something cool needs to be bought :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”